ADVERTISEMENT

WVU's Shane Lyons named 2021 AD of the year

He certainly earned this prestigious award. I mean, WVU did finish SIXTH and FOURTH in the Big 12 (10) in the only two revenue-producing sports in 2020-21. Congrats, Shane: You're the King of Woke Nation.

:fistbump:

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
He certainly earned this prestigious award. I mean, WVU did finish SIXTH and FOURTH in the Big 12 (10) in the only two revenue-producing sports in 2020-21. Congrats, Shane: You're the King of Woke Nation.

:fistbump:
...but he successfully dodged MU!

And Oklahoma, and Baylor at their place.
And now Motown nation wants Okie Lite banned from tomorrow's big 12 tourney game because the 'Boys were put on post season ban for 20-21, but they appealed and it hasn't been ruled on yet.

Reactions: KingCoal
And now Motown nation wants Okie Lite banned from tomorrow's big 12 tourney game because the 'Boys were put on post season ban for 20-21, but they appealed and it hasn't been ruled on yet.
They are a citadel of courage...guess the pokes didn't show the proper respect on Saturday!

How many games did Marshall duck this year? Three teams and 6 conference games? My my. WVU was only 1 game shy of playing a full conference schedule.

But it sure doesn’t stop posters from saying that about WVU.

One football game and one basketball game.

Marshall chickened out or 2 or 3 football games too. Wow.

By the same standard, Ohio State only played half a football season because they couldn’t get enough players to crawl out from under their beds to try to play. Awful, just awful. What they put those scared boys through to try to play a dumb game vs their fear of death.

Reactions: Snow Sled Baby

By the same standard, Ohio State only played half a football season because they couldn’t get enough players to crawl out from under their beds to try to play. Awful, just awful. What they put those scared boys through to try to play a dumb game vs their fear of death.
tell us how you REALLY feel.........and they still lost

I believe the point is who you dodged, coach. Perhaps it was simply a coincidence you failed to play the top dog in both football and basketball.

As for Ohio State, they only missed out on playing what ended up being the worst teams on their schedule, with Michigan being one of the awful teams.

I'm guessing any of us would have preferred to lose once all year, knowing it was the national championship game to one of the better teams of all time, as opposed to rallying for a win over a service academy in a meaningless bowl game.

I believe the point is who you dodged, coach. Perhaps it was simply a coincidence you failed to play the top dog in both football and basketball.

As for Ohio State, they only missed out on playing what ended up being the worst teams on their schedule, with Michigan being one of the awful teams.

I'm guessing any of us would have preferred to lose once all year, knowing it was the national championship game to one of the better teams of all time, as opposed to rallying for a win over a service academy in a meaningless bowl game.
the point is WV did not choose to not play....the conference protocols prevented it......and as it turned out we would have been better off playing the games as originally scheduled....both Oklahoma and Baylor.....show me where WV backed out on their own accord

The second Oklahoma football game re-scheduled was due to WVU not meeting COVID protocols. Unlike the basketball team was on a 3 game road trip in Texas and 2 days before they played in Wayco, the (pay attention) Big 12 conference changed the schedule. West Virginia hopefully got their hotel deposit back.

A Michigan man taking up for the school down south.

So they knew that back in the summer .... interesting.
Have you been in a coma, coach? B1G started the season with an 8 game slate in late October. Ohio State's cancelled games weren't known until maybe a week before they were scheduled to play. I think they missed out playing Illinois, Michigan, and maybe Maryland. How many of those games do you believe Ohio State would have lost? Actually, how many of those teams they missed out on playing would have kept the score difference below 30 points? Likely none of them.

the point is WV did not choose to not play....the conference protocols prevented it......and as it turned out we would have been better off playing the games as originally scheduled....both Oklahoma and Baylor.....show me where WV backed out on their own accord
Yeah, how convenient. Now, since you're the one that brought all of this up first, taking jabs at Ohio State, how many games do you believe they chose not to play? I know you and coach are old guys, but damn. Read the internet or something.

• Haha
You continue to ignore the Elephant in the room: WVU CANCELED ITS LAST SCHEDULED DATE TO PLAY OKLAHOMA IN FOOTBALL. Nobody else canceled that game, so quit spinning like a top, Pops.

You continue to ignore the Elephant in the room: WVU CANCELED ITS LAST SCHEDULED DATE TO PLAY OKLAHOMA IN FOOTBALL. Nobody else canceled that game, so quit spinning like a top, Pops.
do you understand that they were required to under conference protocols?...they wanted to play..........but I forgot for a moment....your conference has no protocols other than changing rules in midstream for advantageous reasons

Sure, WVU "wanted to play," but only canceled the toughest game on its schedule. I'm listing the Southside Bridge in Charleston for sale today...wanna make a bid?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT