ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD WVU vs. Texas Tech

It will be rocking. We got to get some confidence and a big win. Culver should breakout and get the Coliseum rocking. Will Neal Brown be at game tonight?

Would love to steal one, but in reality it would be nice to keep it close and not look like the keystone cops lol.

D-1 school with D-1 size and D-II talent and some how that’s not huggins’ fault.

Some schools have shoe deals from Nike, others from Adidas, WVU has a shoe deal with quickrete

If McCabe is only going to play two min a game why waste a year.... he gets no chance to get into a rhythm ...I’ll be interested to see if he hangs around. He needs to be out running and we sit out there and pass it around the perimeter with guys who can’t shoot

Reactions: locustwv
This game should be over. Why in the fk does Esa Ahmad have the ball in crunch time? Wow talk about non clutch. Esa is a turnover machine and has no heart.

Reactions: NJPFAN
How can anyone justify that garbage that we once called "basketball"? I'm one of the biggest Huggins supporters, but damn.........this team is getting WORSE. Help me out, why was Bolden on the bench for 90% of the 2nd half?

How can anyone justify that garbage that we once called "basketball"? I'm one of the biggest Huggins supporters, but damn.........this team is getting WORSE. Help me out, why was Bolden on the bench for 90% of the 2nd half?
Maybe he’s banged up

They made it UGLY...and almost won against #11. Ahmad 6 pts and 4 TO he has got to get better than that.

Hell...if they make more than half their damn foul shots they WIN ...and no Sags.

We finally got Holgs out of here and now Shane has to talk Huggins into retirement. Huggs can’t recruit and talented scoring millennial wimps won’t go play for him. Huggs recruits too many D2 level players.

No, just find it humorous how you blamed players for football mistakes and defended Holgerson. But same situation presents itself on basketball court, and you go after Huggs. That's cute.
Ummmmm - if Grier doesn’t throw a ball out bounds, that’s on him.....if McCabe is a D-ii talent, then that’s on. Huggins for recruiting him.....see the difference?

McCabe needs a year in the weight room. This isn't the kind of basketball he was used to in HS. He's turning into a defensive liability this year and is losing his confidence on the other end. He simply isn't ready.

He may have faced better talent on the AAU level, but none of those teams play much defense, or bang on you while doing it out front.

Ummmmm - if Grier doesn’t throw a ball out bounds, that’s on him.....if McCabe is a D-ii talent, then that’s on. Huggins for recruiting him.....see the difference?

There's no difference in your love and excuses for one coach, and blame for the other......especially when the other has had FAR MORE success here than the other did.

McCabe needs a year in the weight room. This isn't the kind of basketball he was used to in HS. He's turning into a defensive liability this year and is losing his confidence on the other end. He simply isn't ready.

He may have faced better talent on the AAU level, but none of those teams play much defense, or bang on you while doing it out front.
I am puzzled by the guard situation. We have three freshmen guards. One was named Mr. Basketball in Wisconsin over Herro, who as a freshman, is lighting it up for Kentucky and starting. McCabe looks unready and isn't getting much playing time to work it out on the court. Harler and Hailey, who do not appear to have great upsides, are getting the playing time. Horton, another freshman recruit hasn't been seen much either and apparently is not the answer. Our other freshmen recruit Doomes must be, in Huggins estimation, even more unready as he is apparently heading for a redshirt. Last night we had Culver being defended by a guy 8 inches shorter and we couldn't figure out how to make an entry pass in the paint. Bolden injured, Sags, injured too I guess and Ahmad playing worse than he did as a freshman. What will turn this group into a team?

Huggs recruited a bunch of D2 players. Sad thing is if Konate knee was 100% all year and a Culver never got suspended this team would literally be 14-0 or 13-1 at worst. Culver is real deal and is still rusty. Big things coming from Culver. We badly missed him the first 10 games. It cost us some games. Now we’re losing games that we should be winning cause Konate is out. Sad. We could literally be 13-1 or 14-0 despite bad guard play.

There's no difference in your love and excuses for one coach, and blame for the other......especially when the other has had FAR MORE success here than the other did.

You’re lying. I’ve leveled criticism at hte football coaching staff as well - i am an equal opportunity snark.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT