ADVERTISEMENT

WVU-Tex Tech

Ran into a hot pitcher who was dealing. And with Texas and Ok. State upsets we get Oklahoma State. Why can't we have nice things?

Ran into a hot pitcher who was dealing. And with Texas and Ok. State upsets we get Oklahoma State. Why can't we have nice things?
It was a long shot that we were going to host. We plummeted in the polls after the Texas series, while other teams this season that suffered a sweep on the road against a top 25 team didn't. The fact is that the NCAA wants ACC/SEC hosting the regionals. FACT. So win or lose today, we will end up in the Charlottesville regional.

How does the Big XII tournament play out for WVU? If it's like the B1G tournament, if you lose the first game, you have to turn around and win the next day, then beat the winner of one of the two mini-brackets twice in the same day, aka a double header, and then play the team that came out of other bracket. Just have to win four straight, so you either have to have several quality pitchers, or the bats have to come alive and score a bunch of runs in these scenarios by having to play so many games within a 3 day span. Bad time to go into a slump, but it happens to most teams at some point within the season.

They were projected as a 2 seed at start of tournament. Lose this next one and they're possibly on the bubble.

They were projected as a 2 seed at start of tournament. Lose this next one and they're possibly on the bubble.
Who? WVU on the bubble? You are crazy if you believe that. They are a SOLID 2 seed, regardless of today's game.

Who? WVU on the bubble? You are crazy if you believe that. They are a SOLID 2 seed, regardless of today's game.

After the Texas series screw up you said you'd be shocked if WVU doesn't host a regional. Now pundits are saying it's a long shot. Getting swept by Texas, in blow out fashion, when there were finally some expectations and so much on the line was still a colossal blunder on our part no matter how good Texas is.

After the Texas series screw up you said you'd be shocked if WVU doesn't host a regional. Now pundits are saying it's a long shot. Getting swept by Texas, in blow out fashion, when there were finally some expectations and so much on the line was still a colossal blunder on our part no matter how good Texas is.
Go buy that t-shirt on sale right now. Or better yet, just STFU. If you don't like WVU baseball, then refrain from posting. It's been a historical season, regardless of what you guys want to put down.

There she goes with BS name calling. They are far from a solid 2 with 4 straight losses and possible 5th straight.

Grow up.

You sound more like CFE/BUCKY with every post.
Name calling? I said you were crazy if you thought like that. But I can see that the poor little baby (yes, name-calling here) had another bad night and needs more "venting" on a message board. You are the one that self-admitted that you throw tantrums when things don't go your way. You should be the one to grow up.

And BTW, WVU is a sold 2 seed in a regional. Either Charlottesville or Lexington.

Name calling? I said you were crazy if you thought like that. But I can see that the poor little baby (yes, name-calling here) had another bad night and needs more "venting" on a message board. You are the one that self-admitted that you throw tantrums when things don't go your way. You should be the one to grow up.

And BTW, WVU is a sold 2 seed in a regional. Either Charlottesville or Lexington.
Go buy your 2 seed t-shirt. I'm watching the game hope the team returns to what they did during the season.

Hit the ignore button if you hate others opinions.

Go buy your 2 seed t-shirt. I'm watching the game hope the team returns to what they did during the season.

Hit the ignore button if you hate others opinions.
Cry baby. Go cry in your pillow, not a message board. Fake WVU fan. You are only a "fan" when we win.

MWV allows no opinions from others.

Sounds like a herdie.
Have an opinion. But don't cry every time. Go back and read your own posts towards people during basketball season and football season for doing what you are accusing me of doing. You are such a fake, phony, and hypocrite.

As you admitted you do constantly. When WVU wins, you are a big fan....when they lose, then you blast.

First day of the Big 12 Tournament, the conference does not have a team that ranks in the top 20 of RPI and the three teams that tied for first place in the standings are all facing elimination.

WVU currently projected 2 seed in California.

Stanford, Calif.
1. (5) Stanford^*
2. West Virginia
3. UC Santa Barbara
4. San Jose State*

Have an opinion. But don't cry every time. Go back and read your own posts towards people during basketball season and football season for doing what you are accusing me of doing. You are such a fake, phony, and hypocrite.

As you admitted you do constantly. When WVU wins, you are a big fan....when they lose, then you blast.
The above allows no opinions from others

Go buy that t-shirt on sale right now. Or better yet, just STFU. If you don't like WVU baseball, then refrain from posting. It's been a historical season, regardless of what you guys want to put down.

Easy there. My point is 2 things can be true at once. One WVU had a pretty good season and one much better than expected. Two WVU was in a spot with only a very reasonable task to make it a historically great season and failed in spectacular fashion. Both statements are true. And if WVU won one game in that Texas series the season would've been historically phenomenal regardless of any post season results.

Instead WVU tied for the regular season championship, but was ultimately found to be the 3rd best of those it tied with by OBJECTIVE measures. Being 3rd best in conference is not new for WVU baseball as far as I recall. But being 3rd best team tied for first aka first in name only, is the only thing making this season historic without a Big 12 tournament win or a trip to Omaha.

Winning 1 game at Texas is a small ask to secure a Big 12 regular season championship, host a regional in the Big Tournament, and not enter the post season on a demoralizing slump. Yet with all that on the line, WVU got blown out 3 games in a row. That is why some of us fans were justifiably upset by a completely blown opportunity. Now please stop being condescending.

Last edited:
Easy there. My point is 2 things can be true at once. One WVU had a pretty good season and one much better than expected. Two WVU was in a spot with only a very reasonable task to make it a historically great season and failed in spectacular fashion. Both statements are true. And if WVU won one game in that Texas series the season would've been historically phenomenal regardless of any post season results.

Instead WVU tied for the regular season championship, but was ultimately found to be the 3rd best of those it tied with by OBJECTIVE measures. Being 3rd best in conference is not new for WVU baseball as far as I recall. But being 3rd best team tied for first aka first in name only the only historic thing this season without a Big 12 tournament win or trip to Omaha.

Winning 1 game at Texas is a small ask to secure a Big 12 regular season championship, host a regional in the Big Tournament, and not enter the post season on a demoralizing slump. Yet with all that on the line, WVU got blown out 3 games in a row. That is why some of us fans were justifiably upset by a completely blown opportunity. Now please stop being condescending.
MWV doesn't allow other opinions.

MWV doesn't allow other opinions.
Major flaw to that statement.

1. You are one of the posters that constantly berates anyone during football or basketball season during or after games.

2. About 2 months ago nobody on here cared about WVU baseball except me and a couple others. None of you did. Then they started winning and you start acting like you are the biggest fans. Then they hit a down spot and you want to ridicule the team.

You guys should just sit this one out.

Major flaw to that statement.

1. You are one of the posters that constantly berates anyone during football or basketball season during or after games.

2. About 2 months ago nobody on here cared about WVU baseball except me and a couple others. None of you did. Then they started winning and you start acting like you are the biggest fans. Then they hit a down spot and you want to ridicule the team.

You guys should just sit this one out.
As usual you only have 15% of the story and rest is made for your own benefit.

As usual you only have 15% of the story and rest is made for your own benefit.
100% fact. Go back, read your replies to others during football/basketball seasons when they "vented" like you did on this baseball team. Hypocrite.

Also go back and look at who was posting about this baseball team FIRST. And who jumped on board once the team started winning. FACT.

Instead WVU tied for the regular season championship, but was ultimately found to be the 3rd best of those it tied with by OBJECTIVE measures. Being 3rd best in conference is not new for WVU baseball as far as I recall. But being 3rd best team tied for first aka first in name only, is the only thing making this season historic without a Big 12 tournament win or a trip to Omaha.

Well stated.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT