ADVERTISEMENT

WVU, Oklahoma to play twice in 7 days?

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
I know it's early but it’s shaping up like a West Virginia-Oklahoma DOUBLE showdown in November -- to end the regular season and in the Big 12 title game a week later. Bi-polar Texas also is 2-0 but lost to a Maryland team that lost to Temple! And goes to Oklahoma next Saturday!

On the other hand, WVU-Texas Tech was only an 8-point margin, Texas-Kansas State was a 5-point margin and TCU-Iowa State was a 3-point margin.

EVERY Big 12 conference game can be tough to win if you don’t have your “A” game the entire contest. WVU nearly blew a 25-point lead before Keith Washington’s pick-6 51-yarder.

Oklahoma 2-0 5-0
West Virginia 2-0 4-0
Texas 2-0 4-1 lost 34-29 to Maryland
Maryland lost 35-14 to Temple
Texas Tech 1-1 3-2
Oklahoma State 1-1 4-1 lost 41-17 to Texas Tech
Baylor 1-1 3-2
TCU 1-1 3-2
Kansas 0-2 2-3
Kansas State 0-2 2-3
Iowa State 0-2 1-3

SATURDAY OCTOBER 6
Kansas at West Virginia, noon, ESPN2 or ESPNU
Texas at Oklahoma, noon
Kansas State at Baylor, 3:30 pm, Fox Sports 1
Iowa State at Oklahoma State, 3:30 pm
Idle: Texas Tech, TCU

West Virginia will finish the season 2-2

They do not have the horses yet to win the Big XII.
Their recruiting classes need to be at least in the 20's every year to compete.

I am just being honest here but the fanbase needs to take another step up.
Winning starts at the bottom. Meaning the average fan.
If WVU is your alma mater and you want them to win then you need to do your work to help the coaching staff bring in a Top 20 recruiting class back to back years.

Reactions: TheTruthof2018
Baby steps. WV is not a program that can take a major leap that fast.
They are not Kansas St bad in recruits but they are similar to Oklahoma St.
When Oklahoma State finally won the Big XII in 2011 it was a 5-7 year process that was accelerated by T Boone Pickens money.

WV is in year 7. I say three more years if West Virginia can bring one great class. Especially on the DL.
I think what may help WV this year is senior leadership
Y'all have a lot of senior leadership

Don't take Oklahoma St's loss to Tech as anything more than a rivalry game with one side very motivated to end a slide.
Tech hadn't beaten Oklahoma St for awhile and when things started to roll it got ugly.
When WV plays in Stillwater it will be a totally different story.
Unlike Coach Bro with DH Gundy is the master and DH is the pupil.

Plus you have TCU with their 2 physical backs, track speed WR and good to great D.
Beating TCU even in Morgantown won't be easy.

This is not even mentioning the two schools with way more talent.

Until WV has more talent than Oklahoma St and TCU WVU will be fighting it out with those schools and whatever school has senior leadership mixes with some underclass talent.

I know it's early but it’s shaping up like a West Virginia-Oklahoma DOUBLE showdown in Novembe

You can post this after watching the last three quarters of yesterday's game? You have got to remember that your posts, however juvenile they are, are on a football forum with fans every bit as football savvy as you claim to be. This is not some weekly newspaper with an audience of soccer moms lol. Really, Cuyahoga, you try so hard to be relevant and come off as a clown.

The season is only 1/4 done. Stop acting so lumpatious.

First let's play one-game-at-a-time. Worry about Oklahoma first during Thanksgiving
Week and then again the week after - that's the way to do it. Then we call all
after we beat them on Black Friday - "Leave No Doubt!!! we got this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT