ADVERTISEMENT

WVU no shame after PSU loss

sammyk

All-Conference
Oct 26, 2001
WVU has 3 star talent going against 4 and 5 star talent. That will be the best team you will play and you made a game out of it. Good luck next week

Reactions: wvufootball1976
PSU has a good defense but we will face better offenses, much better. PSU will finish in the top 25 but not the top 10 imo. WVU will finish with 5-6 wins again. That is what WVU will always do withNeal. 5-6 with an occasional 3-4 or 7-8 win season here and there. Lets extend him now.....

The good that I saw was Kpogba, Frazier, Donaldson, and the DL looked pretty solid. Carter is a big WR and looks like he could be something this year. We, as always have talent, but dont expect more than middle of the pack B12.....

Last edited:
what's wrong with their offense?..that QB is outstanding.. 5 star for a reason..Singleton will be the 1st back taken in the 2025 draft..their LT will go in the first 5 picks this year..of the B10 teams I saw OSU needs the most work

what's wrong with their offense?..that QB is outstanding.. 5 star for a reason..Singleton will be the 1st back taken in the 2025 draft..their LT will go in the first 5 picks this year..of the B10 teams I saw OSU needs the most work
Nothing is wrong with their offense, but we will see more explosive offenses in the B12 and probably a couple better teams overall than PSU. We dont have a very hard schedule overall, but OU's offense will be way better.

Last edited:
PSU has a good defense but we will face better offenses, much better. PSU will finish in the top 25 but not the top 10 imo. WVU will finish with 5-6 wins again. That is what WVU will always do withNeal. 5-6 with an occasional 3-4 or 7-8 win season here and there. Lets extend him now.....

The good that I saw was Kpogba, Frazier, Donaldson, and the DL looked pretty solid. Carter is a big WR and looks like he could be something this year. We, as always have talent, but dont expect more than middle of the pack B12.....
1. If we have any injuries at RB or WR, we are F**KED. We don't have many to begin with, and if we dig in to our depth chart we will be very bad.

2. Our OL was OK. Very disciplined, not many penalties (I only remember two holds: Nester and Milum). We probably could have ran the ball even more, but went away from it too early and fell behind and tried to play catchup.

3. Greene was a C- at QB. His mobility kept drives alive, but his inaccuracy throwing the ball ended drives as well. I do not think Nico would have made any difference last night, but do hope he gets to play a bit before it's too late and the season is in the trash.

4. Worst part of our team is our DB's. They were awful. Too much cushion. Tackling problems. Lack of speed. In the pass happy Big 12, we better be able to score a bunch of points.

Again, I'm not going to be too critical after last night. I think that Penn State will end the season 10-2 and be in the hunt in the Big 10. They looked better than Ohio State, and about the same as Michigan, after one game.

You guys played better than I expected and you stayed in the game for a long while. Your team handled the huge crowd and hostile environment very well..... not an easy thing to do at Beaver Stadium in front of 110,000. You have nothing to be ashamed about.

Good luck the rest of the way. If any of you attended the game I hope you were treated with courtesy and welcome.

Now......kick Pitt's ass when that arrogant loudmouth Narduzzi brings his team to Morgantown!

We were a 21 point underdog for a reason. Not the least bit concerned about the play or performance. Winning that game was a long shot of long shots. Let's win the ones we have a better chance and steal one or two in the conference that we are underdogs.

Reactions: Tim_In_Hurricane
We were a 21 point underdog for a reason. Not the least bit concerned about the play or performance. Winning that game was a long shot of long shots. Let's win the ones we have a better chance and steal one or two in the conference that we are underdogs.
It would be different if Penn State appeared legit. They did not. And there’s no reason in year 5 this program should be ok with this.

• Haha
Reactions: Vic Vaselino
It would be different if Penn State appeared legit. They did not. And there’s no reason in year 5 this program should be ok with this.
Why do you say this? They looked pretty good, and we didn't play that bad. I think you are letting your hatred of Brown blind you a bit. PSU looked like a 10 win team.

Why do you say this? They looked pretty good, and we didn't play that bad. I think you are letting your hatred of Brown blind you a bit. PSU looked like a 10 win team.
They’re good, but I don’t see them as the best team we will face. We sure talked them up as if we were playing 1995 Nebraska or 2001 Miami. I don’t see PSU any better than a good Kansas State team. PSU will lose 2-3 games this year. It’s not hatred of Brown, it’s accepting the reality of the situation. The WVU program has drastically regressed in the last 5 years. The records and results prove I’m correct. In the last 43 years, WVU has had 9 losing seasons. Brown has 3 of those in the last 4 years.

Or.......perhaps.......we aren't that bad? I see a lot of posts on here just dogging us for our performance or saying PSU is overrated. Let's revisit this in about 8 weeks. See which it was.
Not sure it will take 8 weeks to see if anything has improved. Probably should know by the start of week 5.

Score would have been a lot worse under the old clock stoppage rules. We were dominated, we have a lot of work to do if we are going to beat Pitt.

Score would have been a lot worse under the old clock stoppage rules. We were dominated, we have a lot of work to do if we are going to beat Pitt.
Also would have been a lot worse if they did not miss 3 FG's. I don't know if PSU is truly good enough for #7 but they are light years ahead of us.

Reactions: xWVU2010x
I agree. I'm not one that ever calls for a coach to be fired but the Pitt game might be make/break for Brown. He will last the season regardless.

Also would have been a lot worse if they did not miss 3 FG's. I don't know if PSU is truly good enough for #7 but they are light years ahead of us.
And that was the hard part for me to watch - it was easy to spot on the screen how far the talent differential has gotten under Brown. I like this Offense, a solid O line, finally a dual threat qb, that RB room - but really not sure again about the D. Some good kids on this team. But I'm afraid not enough of them.

I agree. I'm not one that ever calls for a coach to be fired but the Pitt game might be make/break for Brown. He will last the season regardless.
If we need to retain him until the end of the season for the buyout to drop, then we have come too far to reverse course on that now. He’s done here barring a miracle finish and I think he knows that.

And that was the hard part for me to watch - it was easy to spot on the screen how far the talent differential has gotten under Brown. I like this Offense, a solid O line, finally a dual threat qb, that RB room - but really not sure again about the D. Some good kids on this team. But I'm afraid not enough of them.
The strength of this team averaged 3 YPC, if PSU’s front isn’t elite then we are going to get raw dogged every week.

So you are saying that the 7th ranked team manhandled an unranked team that won 5 games the year before????? You should apply for an analyst position on ESPN.

PSU will compete for the BIG title this year and would win the big 12 so relax WVU it will he ok

So you are saying that the 7th ranked team manhandled an unranked team that won 5 games the year before????? You should apply for an analyst position on ESPN.
I’m saying we suck. 7th ranked team or not, any type of serious team shouldn’t get handled like that.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
Or.......perhaps.......we aren't that bad? I see a lot of posts on here just dogging us for our performance or saying PSU is overrated. Let's revisit this in about 8 weeks. See which it was.
Agree here. We have some very good talent. We don't have a very good coach.

I believe our team could do some good things, but I don't believe it will happen as long as Neal is on the sidelines.

1. If we have any injuries at RB or WR, we are F**KED. We don't have many to begin with, and if we dig in to our depth chart we will be very bad.

2. Our OL was OK. Very disciplined, not many penalties (I only remember two holds: Nester and Milum). We probably could have ran the ball even more, but went away from it too early and fell behind and tried to play catchup.

3. Greene was a C- at QB. His mobility kept drives alive, but his inaccuracy throwing the ball ended drives as well. I do not think Nico would have made any difference last night, but do hope he gets to play a bit before it's too late and the season is in the trash.

4. Worst part of our team is our DB's. They were awful. Too much cushion. Tackling problems. Lack of speed. In the pass happy Big 12, we better be able to score a bunch of points.

Again, I'm not going to be too critical after last night. I think that Penn State will end the season 10-2 and be in the hunt in the Big 10. They looked better than Ohio State, and about the same as Michigan, after one game.
1. If we have any injuries at RB we are F**KED.

WHAT? We have at least 4 RBs, lol.

Of all the positions on the team, this one is the least to worry about.

Not sure what you're basing this statement on?

Reactions: WVUALLEN
They’re good, but I don’t see them as the best team we will face. We sure talked them up as if we were playing 1995 Nebraska or 2001 Miami. I don’t see PSU any better than a good Kansas State team. PSU will lose 2-3 games this year. It’s not hatred of Brown, it’s accepting the reality of the situation. The WVU program has drastically regressed in the last 5 years. The records and results prove I’m correct. In the last 43 years, WVU has had 9 losing seasons. Brown has 3 of those in the last 4 years.
I think you'll believe different at the end of the season. KSU won't be in their class.

Penn State is by far the best team we will face this year.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
1. If we have any injuries at RB we are F**KED.

WHAT? We have at least 4 RBs, lol.

Of all the positions on the team, this one is the least to worry about.

Not sure what you're basing this statement on?
Quality over quantity. That's where I'm basing it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT