ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Gold-Blue Game Highlights

Thx for sharing V.

While I can appreciate great plays many of those highlights were because of lowlights. ....very concerning....

Why are we playing the spring game at the Greenbrier? Perk for coaches? Better weather? Better attendance? Other? I thought it was going to be a one time thing. Is this permanent? Semi-permanent?

I think it's great for the kids... ...maybe recruits too. Top of the line everything..good enough for the Saints.

An empty (looking) stadium in Morgantown....not so much.

Why are we playing the spring game at the Greenbrier? Perk for coaches? Better weather? Better attendance? Other? I thought it was going to be a one time thing. Is this permanent? Semi-permanent?

Construction going on at the stadium, crown removal.

This is the first time at The Greenbrier - last year was one of the off-campus practices.

Construction going on at the stadium, crown removal.

This is the first time at The Greenbrier - last year was one of the off-campus practices.
I thought it was played there last year. I guess I am out of touch, I also thought they needed a crowned field for adequate drainage.

Maybe it's my dalliance with the Ivy league...and I remember game attendance in the Ivy League which is not that much different from our turnout for today's attendance for a practice scrimmage... not to be confused with a Georgia or Ohio State turnout... It looked like a respectable day in the mountains . I hope we are as evenly balanced this year. Seems we did some "bunny's" on some plays but hope it was to avoid injuries.

The old "crown" was more than what is normal for football fields - not sure why it was constructed that way.

In the late 70's, when the new stadium was proposed and designed, the option and the "I" ruled college football along with a love of unbalanced lines. If the fullback didn't get the ball on the belly, the QB pulled the ball and headed literally downhill led by a pulling guard and trailed by the halfback(s) ready for the pitch. Coaches who ran those offenses loved those high crowns. In Switzer's days at Oklahoma you could barely see the top of the heads of the players on the opposing sideline. USC's "Student body left/right" series was designed to take advantage of the crown.

Good ol' get out of the way or get run over football the way Gawd intended it.

38 Commodore was beasting at least for today. Shelton is the best player on the team I think. Big things to come from no. 1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT