ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM WVU flipping forward to the future, but feeling will remain

If the bull crap about the rift between the running back’s and Grier is true, there’s some work to be done before any flipping is done.

This is where senior leadership needs to step in. Unfortunately, I question how strong that leadership is in light of Dana’s coaching style.

You need some heat to make steel. Dana does not remind me of the kind a guy to apply a lot of heat

Starting out 3-0 next football season seems to be essential. As for problems between Will and running backs on switching running plays to passes seems real to me (not from any inside scoop). But from the fact that
Tony is a stand-up guy and for him to even broach the subject tell me that there's fire under all that smoke.

Believe it's important to get the type of chemistry and toughness Huggs has brought into the Mountaineer football program. Said earlier that Dana is a guy who raises a lot of hell over a problem (s). Well, he needs to understand that he's running a multi-million dollar business and an important part of the job is to raise hell when problems exists and get them solved.

Starting out 3-0 next football season seems to be essential. As for problems between Will and running backs on switching running plays to passes seems real to me (not from any inside scoop). But from the fact that
Tony is a stand-up guy and for him to even broach the subject tell me that there's fire under all that smoke.

Believe it's important to get the type of chemistry and toughness Huggs has brought into the Mountaineer football program. Said earlier that Dana is a guy who raises a lot of hell over a problem (s). Well, he needs to understand that he's running a multi-million dollar business and an important part of the job is to raise hell when problems exists and get them solved.
The read option requires the quarterback to read a key and the key...not the quarterback... dictates what the quarterback is supposed to do. If a running back doesn't understand that, then he is not intelligent enough to play at the Division 1 level. Time to identify who is a team guy and who isn't.

What team that was mediocre or losing in America doesn't drag out the "next year's senior leadership" ploy to explain why everything will be getting better. Sophomore news story at best.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT