ADVERTISEMENT

WVU = Best 20 Loss Team in NCAA Men's Basketball

Make a good run in the CBI, and you can finish 18-20, with a shiny banner to hang next year.

20 losses is a defining moment for a HC and program. Should be a career ender for a veteran HC who is one of the highest paid in the sport. It certainly was for Tulane's Mike Dunleavy, who was fired yesterday.

Huggs apparently is untouchable. It's really mind boggling, considering that he has never won anything significant. The long ago Final Four appearance seems like a fluke as the numerous disappointments continue to pile up.

Huggs apparently is untouchable. It's really mind boggling, considering that he has never won anything significant. The long ago Final Four appearance seems like a fluke as the numerous disappointments continue to pile up.

LOL. You aren't very subtle in announcing your agenda which is "look at me....look at me...please look at me!" Think we should refer to you as Mamie Clickbait.

never thought we would ever see a 20 lose season. No matter who was our Coach.

It's totally inexcusable and a huge black mark on Huggins' record and legacy.

However, WVU won't pressure Huggins to leave or even improve because WVU is not capable of luring a nationally renowned coach, as no big-time proven winner would live in Morgantown.

We just lost a winning football coach to an AAC school and replaced him with a Sun Belt coach.

Meanwhile Iowa State's Steve Prohm sits at the 53rd ranked paid coach.

I can't name a better 20+ loss team than WVU this year. Congrats to Huggs!
Kind of the same argument people like to make about WVU's football program being the winning-est program to have never won a title. That's not really something worth boasting about.

Meanwhile Iowa State's Steve Prohm sits at the 53rd ranked paid coach.

Iowa St also finished in last place in 2018.

The 4 teams that played on Wednesday....
Oklahoma State
TCU
Oklahoma
West Virginia

I think both Oklahoma State and West Virginia will make jumps next year.
Both are very interesting going into next year.

However, WVU won't pressure Huggins to leave or even improve because WVU is not capable of luring a nationally renowned coach, as no big-time proven winner would live in Morgantown.

We just lost a winning football coach to an AAC school and replaced him with a Sun Belt coach.
We just lost a winning football coach who got nudged out and no, zero, other P5 schools would even sniff at said coach.

More trolls in this one thread than cockroaches in the Herd locker room.

We just lost a winning football coach who got nudged out and no, zero, other P5 schools would even sniff at said coach.

You can say whatever...
You can say Dana picked Houston over WV or the other way around.
Just a narrative until September because the proof will be in the pudding.

Think Brown will eventually have a better program.
As of right now Dana is probably a Top 10 offensive mind in college football.

Good chance Houston challenges for a NYD6 bowl out of the AAC and WV is a 6-6 team.

Houston and Holgs aren't going to NYD6 bowl. They will start 1-2 with losses to Oklahoma and Washington State. Then they lose to UCF. Three losses mean lower bowl. At least he will meet their AD qualifications of more than 8 wins.

Houston and Holgs aren't going to NYD6 bowl. They will start 1-2 with losses to Oklahoma and Washington State. Then they lose to UCF. Three losses mean lower bowl. At least he will meet their AD qualifications of more than 8 wins.

I said challenges for a NYD6 bowl game.
They were close to that point last year.
They bring back a lot on offense.

But they had Kendal Briles. I think Briles is up there with Montgomery as the top veer and shoot guys because Art can no longer coach CFB.

DH and his new OC at Houston have big shoes to fill.

Now jon’s, tommy, tosu, mamie and red’s iq combined is possibly pushing a donut. It’s probably being very generous, all things considered.

I said challenges for a NYD6 bowl game.
They were close to that point last year.
They bring back a lot on offense.

But they had Kendal Briles. I think Briles is up there with Montgomery as the top veer and shoot guys because Art can no longer coach CFB.

DH and his new OC at Houston have big shoes to fill.

I said not making it and not challenging it. Don't care if they have Joe Montana.

I said not making it and not challenging it. Don't care if they have Joe Montana.

You can't post something into existence...

If WV made the right or wrong choice with DH will be determined on the field not on message boards.

If what you think is true we will all see it when Dana doesn't get Houston to a NYD bowl and Neal Brown wins at West Virginia.

Doesn't matter what OP and his other alters think.

You state facts and then twist them so they become hardly recognizable.

Have you noticed that for the past couple/three days the board has been sane. No Townes, no 304, etc. Then Townes, Mamie, and the rest all pop up in the same thread?

Coincidence?

I think not.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Are you talking about every post you've made? Sure looks like it.

Nobody cares what you think. You just don't get it do you.

WV put themselves in the position when they let DH go...
Simple as that. It will play out on the field.

You are starting now to see his M O here.

Post something ignorant to stir up the faithful using a false handle. If it gets banned, big deal, he has already made up a hundred more. Check the dates, they are all the same day.

Next, come in as a "voice of reason" with the Townes handle to keep the argument going and subtly run down the program, but never overtly.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Not true at all.
Bob Huggins was a craftsmen this year with WV. Attempted to find something that worked.
Very few coaches around like Huggins. One of the better basketball coaches in the Big 12.

No reason to run his program down.

WV Football...
Only thing I know is DH in the Big 12. Nothing to compare it to.

Basketball is not like football. Football is win every game. A coach can't experiment as much.

DH is most likely Mike Leach's star student.
Wanted to see WV play Washington State in the Alamo Bowl.

Going to be interesting to see him go up against the master.

Regarding Neal Brown...
Like with DH he has other mentors. DH had Mike Gundy.
Neal Brown had Larry Blakeney.
The man who brought Troy up to FBS.
Gundy is Oklahoma State....Understands the culture.
Something that DH could not do.
Maybe Brown can connect with the culture at WV.

But 9+ wins every year at WV....
That is asking a lot.
No one besides Texas have done that for a ten year stretch.
Not even Nebraska and not even former LHC Bill Snyder.
Not even Oklahoma. Oklahoma has only had 5

Gale Catlett's last team also lost 20 games.

Could this WVU team beat The Cat's last team?

Why did we fire The Cat, yet Huggs is untouchable?
Cat did not get fired, he QUIT. Then Pasthisprime and then WVU prez David Hardisty told Huggy no in his bid to come back home. Then Pasthisprime said no to Beilein and instead hired Jockitch. Jockitch quit after a week and then it took a lot of pressure from the Big East before settling on Beilein.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT