ADVERTISEMENT

WVU belongs in the SEC

I like us just fine where we are. Now it is up to us to win the conference.

You need a hug man! Get a grip and release the demons that occupy your thoughts and mind. WVU is an excelent athletic program. So..............why do you think the ACC and the Big Ten eliminated WVU during expansion? The first 11 guesses don't count. Why are academics and footprint so hard for some of you to deal with?

Why do you have to turn a legitimate discussion into a trolling exercise.
Nothing against WVU and they really should be in the ACC or SEC.

However, WVU has the distinction of being the LOWEST academic ranked (#187) P5 member University according to the US News rankings.

I don't think WVU is actually a bad school and wonder why your administration has not undertaken a comprehensive program to improve its ranking.

Apparently, FSU and NC State have recently raised their ranking to #81.

Why not WVU.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Small state. Limited public school opportunities. Mission to educate and lift as many West Virginians as it can. While to the detriment of a US news ranking it has done just that. While many have tried and failed at least they were given a chance to succeed with higher education. They flame out when confronted with the reality of a rigorous academic standard. It would be a bigger indictment if we accepted them in, and we had a higher competition rate. The real standard should be what your top 2/3rds do not your bottom 1/3rd. WVUs grads are just as prepared for professional life as those that score higher in the US News ranking (which applauds who you don't let in as opposed to what sort of graduate it produces). We produce our fair share of exceptional surgeons, engineers, lawyers, researchers, journalists, and C suite business folks. I honestly think the best indicator of what a university produces can be found here in mid-career income. The place where bias has long since past and its a matter of who produces. We stack up with any peer institution. Not like we are producing incompetent dip shits. Those would be the ones US News likes to base studies off of.

Reactions: xgunnx and mtn1neer
Passing laws requiring schools to take sister schools? You can't do that. Lol.

Of course they can. States own state schools. The state of Texas is free to condition one state property joining the SEC with the SEC accepting another state property. The SEC can then take it or leave it.

Why do you have to turn a legitimate discussion into a trolling exercise.

Truth hurts you I guess. Then right on queue you grasp the troll card. Hey some of you guys have a problem because I keep things real. That's where my value is and you should appreciate that pal.

Truth hurts you I guess. Then right on queue you grasp the troll card. Hey some of you guys have a problem because I keep things real. That's where my value is and you should appreciate that pal.

Your value is as immeasurable as Pitt's is to college football.

Your value is as immeasurable as Pitt's is to college football.

Thank you! You know sometimes it gets lonely when speaking as the voice of reason. When it comes to the Big12 I'll always set the record straight. Thanks for seeing my points of view!

Small state. Limited public school opportunities. Mission to educate and lift as many West Virginians as it can. While to the detriment of a US news ranking it has done just that. While many have tried and failed at least they were given a chance to succeed with higher education. They flame out when confronted with the reality of a rigorous academic standard. It would be a bigger indictment if we accepted them in, and we had a higher competition rate. The real standard should be what your top 2/3rds do not your bottom 1/3rd. WVUs grads are just as prepared for professional life as those that score higher in the US News ranking (which applauds who you don't let in as opposed to what sort of graduate it produces). We produce our fair share of exceptional surgeons, engineers, lawyers, researchers, journalists, and C suite business folks. I honestly think the best indicator of what a university produces can be found here in mid-career income. The place where bias has long since past and its a matter of who produces. We stack up with any peer institution. Not like we are producing incompetent dip shits. Those would be the ones US News likes to base studies off of.

Cute narrative but the Big Ten and ACC isn't buying in haha. Is academic ranking important in your narrative? It is to the Big Ten and ACC. You do realize mid career income has absolutely nothing to do with conference expansion right? So you are insecure about US News ranking and completely go into directions that are irrelevant to the discussion of academic rankings and expansion status for WVU. BTW WVU is a great institution that I respect tremendously. Not sure what part of this post is troll like but have at it pal.

The SEC and ACC ship has sailed many years ago. It's BIG XII or bust at least until 2025.

Next round of expansion WVU to Big Ten. :joy:

Dude if you're thinking WVU gets into the Big Ten I feel bad for your family.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT