ADVERTISEMENT

Wonder if we hear from Holder, Obama, or Sharpton?

Has the race of the shooter or the police officers been identified?

If not, how would race play any factor at all at this point?

Obama is now a race baiter? Good to know. We'll add that to the list of Communist, Illegal Alien/non US citizen, Muslim, Dictator, Marxist, ....

Man you said it right. Obozo is all you said, no one could have destroyed our nation any better.

"how would race play any factor at all at this point?" LMAO...

Dah... today must be the "lets play stupid" day of the month.

You don't think they have ownership

Men in blue damned sure do.
This post was edited on 3/12 11:29 AM by mneilmont

You have balls to raise that point

Did you question the original shooting that race was an element? Doubtful?

How would race play a factor amid a drama defined by nothing but race?

That can't be a serious post.

If I were you I would immediately begin pretending that it was a joke.

Re: How would race play a factor amid a drama defined by nothing but race?

Originally posted by Wolf J. Flywheel:
That can't be a serious post.

If I were you I would immediately begin pretending that it was a joke.
No. I won't. Yes, the whole demonstration was about race and the police in that area. Given the nature of everything it is probably reasonable to assume that the shooter was black, but we don't know the shooter's race yet, do we?

Were both police officers that were shot white? My suspicion is that it probably wouldn't matter to the shooter as long as they were wearing blue. Given the reported numbers regarding the police force there, it would also be safe to assume they were white, but one of them was from another force.

Re: "You don't think they have"....what? INSERT "think"

Al is still baiting all over the country. AG id going to "change the whole force" if necessary. Celebs still raising their hands knowing damn well the outlaw was not raising his hands. Proud that football players run onto the field with hands raised.

Where in the hell do you think it stops? Only "with a pound of flesh" will it stop. \

Now you have assigns shooting in the dark. Copy cats will not follow?

Time to grow a pair and say those people are wrong. Stop supporting their actions. Don't go silent if you think this act was wrong.

Why would it make a difference if the shooter was white?

A white person can still target people they see as establishment ........... and as we both know, in this case that is seen as white authority.

Likely, the shooter was African-American which will mean an already invalid point becomes even more invalid.

It's not balls, it's reason and waiting for more information

Instead of jumping to conclusions and making accusations when the public knows very little at this point.

Originally posted by mneilmont:

Did you question the original shooting that race was an element? Doubtful?
What original shooting are you talking about? Wilson shooting Brown? I did then what I'm doing now. Not jumping to a bunch of conclusions and making a bunch of accusations without a lot of information. Once the facts came in and became known through the trial, I don't think it would have mattered much what race Brown was.

I definitely owe you an apology - if true

You formed no opinion until after the case was heard? You were not in sympathy with the blacks protesting in the street? You are a solid citizen if you can exercise that degree of patience when all of your associates on this board was rasing hell about racism at the time.

Re: I definitely owe you an apology - if true

all of your associates on this board
I don't think I have any associates on this board. Or everybody is my associate on this board. However you want to look at it, depending on the topic.

And yes. I did exercise that degree of patience. I read everything I could and tried to piece it all together. I didn't immediately proclaim Wilson guilty or innocent and I didn't do that with Brown either.

My sympathy with the blacks in the street would be the same sympathy that I would have for any group of people that feel they are being unfairly oppressed. That doesn't mean I agree or disagree with them, because I haven't lived their lives, but I do feel for anybody that feels that level of oppression.

I know who I am and I'm confortable with that, predominantly because I DON'T jump to conclusions on everything and instead wait for the facts.

I've stated over and over again that I am not affiliated with a party. It doesn't pain me if a democrat is an idiot or guilty of something. When it comes to politicians, I expect all of them to be corrupt regardless of party. There is no moral high-ground for either side.

Where I do comment on these things in which it may appear that I support one side or the other is mostly in pointing out hypocrisy, which on this board is immediately taken as defense of the other side.

Re: Why would it make a difference if the shooter was white?

A white person can still target people they see as establishment ........... and as we both know, in this case that is seen as white authority.

Likely, the shooter was African-American which will mean an already invalid point becomes even more invalid.
If the shooter was white, where would race baiting play a role? That was the whole start of this thread, about race baiters.

My point is not invalid regardless of the race of the shooter. My point is that we don't know the races of anybody right now at 12:15 on March 12th. If we find out later that the shooter was black (and I agree that it is likely that they were) that still doesn't mean that we knew he was black at 12:15 on March 12th and therefore all of these claims and accusations were justified.

Originally posted by robEERt:

no one could have destroyed our nation any better.
1525747_10152522115286545_2591387745240735645_n.png

I hope our next President destroys our country like he did.

Re: This entire issue was about RACE ...... quit playing ignorant.

Or perhaps you are not playing.
I explained my position exactly. I understand the entire issue was about race, but we don't know the races of anybody involved. (we could assume and probably end up being accurate, but I'd rather not assume at all).

I'm sorry you don't understand the difference.

Words from Holder and Obama ... and the Brown family

"President Barack Obama says his thoughts and prayers are with the two police officers who were wounded in a shooting in Ferguson, Missouri.

The president took to Twitter on Thursday to relay his prayers to the officers who were shot during a protest outside Ferguson police headquarters.

Obama also denounced violence against police, writing that the "path to justice is one all of us must travel together."

"

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder says the shooting of two police officers in Ferguson, Missouri, was "inexcusable and repugnant."

Holder released a statement Thursday condemning violence against any public safety officials, calling it "cowardly."

And even the Brown family:
"

The family of 18-year-old Michael Brown, whose fatal shooting by a Ferguson police officer last year sparked widespread protests, is condemning the recent shooting of two Ferguson officers.

The family released a statement through their attorney, saying the shootings during a protest early Thursday were "senseless." They say they won't tolerate "any kind of violence directed toward members of law enforcement."

The family says its thoughts and prayers are with the officers and their families."

I think I should withhold

You are not quick to judge, but when I looked at your position re Lindsey Graham, I cannot overlook your statement/position.

Couldn't support and he should not chair technology committee because he doesn't know tech. Actually. CNN reported that he had not used email. You extrapolated from that that he knew nothing about technology. You made a judgement without knowing the facts. Sorry, Charlie.

Re: I think I should withhold

You are not quick to judge, but when I looked at your position re Lindsey Graham, I cannot overlook your statement/position.

Couldn't support and he should not chair technology committee because he doesn't know tech. Actually. CNN reported that he had not used email. You extrapolated from that that he knew nothing about technology. You made a judgement without knowing the facts. Sorry, Charlie.

I should have also explained then that there is absolutely nothing in Graham's background that would indicate he has any knowledge of or experience with technology. You combine that with the fact that he doesn't use what has become one of the mostly widely used and thus simplest of technology, I don't see how he's fit for a chair on technology.

He was a lawyer. He was in the military as a lawyer (not comms or network guy). He has been nothing but a lawyer until he was elected as Senator.

So you tell me what qualifications he has to be the chair on a technology committee. What in his experiece or background would indicate he knows anything at all about technology?

Holy cow. This board is unreal. If you don't write everything out like a graduate level paper complete with sources people nitpick the shit out of it.

Re: Holder made a statement

"Who gives a crap about Sharpton, other than Sharpton ... and maybe Tawana Brawley?"

The President and Attorney General...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

And if you think you should decide who sits on whichcommittees

You are simply assuming you know something about an area in which you have no expertise. But you are going to be one man advisory board to tell the chief officer of the Senate(Republican) or Minority Leader(Democrat) who committee chairs should be.

Simply put , you should go back and do some elementary research before you expose your level of expertise in government matters and what is real or unreal on this board. Graduate level paper would not qualify you to be immune from "nitpick the shit" out of a subject that the graduate level paper is not associated with the subject of discussion.

You have appointed yourself to be the final judge of proper and accurate input on this free board. In doing so you have exposed yourself to ridicule if you are only expressing your opinion for fact. It is probably going to meet some resistance just for entertainment sake. If you are going to criticize or critique other people's entries, you may want to be damned sure of your input.

When did I say that?

You are simply assuming you know something about an area in which you have no expertise. But you are going to be one man advisory board to tell the chief officer of the Senate(Republican) or Minority Leader(Democrat) who committee chairs should be.
I never said anything of the sort. I simply openly stated that the chair of a committee on technology ought to at least have the most basic understanding or use of technology. Doesn't even use email?

Graduate level paper would not qualify you to be immune from "nitpick the shit" out of a subject that the graduate level paper is not associated with the subject of discussion.
I can't make enough sense of this statement to even understand the point you are trying to make.

You have appointed yourself to be the final judge of proper and accurate input on this free board.
Again, I've done nothing of the sort. If you want to accuse me of this, you could accuse every member of this board of the same thing.

If you are going to criticize or critique other people's entries, you may want to be damned sure of your input.
Again, this is somehow unique to me on this board? It most certainly is not.

I will give your advice the proper consideration.

I didn't think you were that dense. On the other hand

Let me draw you a map. Who appointed Lindsey to the position? Does the person have the authority to make the appointment?

When you come back and ask me to further explain, I will know you are BSing. 'nuff said on the subject, get over it and move on.

Hello Pot, meet Kettle

'nuff said on the subject, get over it and move on.
"You have appointed yourself to be the final judge of proper and accurate input on this free board"

The way you twist things is impressive. Did I ever say that Graham skirted the process to get the position or that the person that gave it to him didn't have the authority to do so? No. I didn't. I won't repeat my position again because apparently it doesn't matter how many times you see it, it won't make a difference.

If Graham was a democrat you'd be agreeing with me.

Hello Pot, meet Kettle

'nuff said on the subject, get over it and move on.
"You have appointed yourself to be the final judge of proper and accurate input on this free board"

The way you twist things is impressive. Did I ever say that Graham skirted the process to get the position or that the person that gave it to him didn't have the authority to do so? No. I didn't. I won't repeat my position again because apparently it doesn't matter how many times you see it, it won't make a difference.

If Graham was a democrat you'd be agreeing with me.

Re: Hello Pot, meet Kettle

To suggest that I would agree with you is definitely raising your perception of yourself to unreasonable level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT