ADVERTISEMENT

Will you be satisfied if the predictions are right?

Rootmaster

All-Conference
Apr 16, 2011
Florida
It is off season. It is boring. Who cares about the NBA. So.....

Earlier this year Anthon Sports predicted the Mountaineer football team would rank at number 46 for the 2018 season...behind such power houses like Troy, Army, Boston College, Memphis, USF and Florida Atlantic. And that was well before injuries struck the defensive line and linebackers etc.

Current betting services see the Mountaineers winning 7 games and once again finishing in the mediocre middle of the pack in the Big 12-2=10.

So, given all the hype about the offensive firepower of this team (yet to be shown since there was no Spring preview lol), would you be happy with a six, seven or eight win bowl eligible season...again? Is this progress under DH in your opinion? Or, do you not give a crap because football is just entertainment to you?

Let the fun begin.

Reactions: Spookycat2002
As I have stated before, the offense will be formidable but the defense will struggle mightily.

7-5 is my prediction but I wouldn't be surprised if we go 6-6. None of this makes me happy.

It is off season. It is boring. Who cares about the NBA. So.....

Earlier this year Anthon Sports predicted the Mountaineer football team would rank at number 46 for the 2018 season...behind such power houses like Troy, Army, Boston College, Memphis, USF and Florida Atlantic. And that was well before injuries struck the defensive line and linebackers etc.

Current betting services see the Mountaineers winning 7 games and once again finishing in the mediocre middle of the pack in the Big 12-2=10.

So, given all the hype about the offensive firepower of this team (yet to be shown since there was no Spring preview lol), would you be happy with a six, seven or eight win bowl eligible season...again? Is this progress under DH in your opinion? Or, do you not give a crap because football is just entertainment to you?

Let the fun begin.
I do think that watching teenagers and 20 somethings play a sport is a form of entertainment but that does not mean I don't give a crap. I am thinking a 9 to 10 win season this year. Seven wins would be disappointing but then again the sun would still come up the next morning.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
I do think that watching teenagers and 20 somethings play a sport is a form of entertainment but that does not mean I don't give a crap. I am thinking a 9 to 10 win season this year. Seven wins would be disappointing but then again the sun would still come up the next morning.

If this D gets us to 9-10 wins, the powers that be should erect a statue of Tony Gibson at Mountaineer Field.

Well since the post has turned into a post with our collective personal predictions let me ask the question again...would you be happy with what the "experts" are predicting?

Well since the post has turned into a post with our collective personal predictions let me ask the question again...would you be happy with what the "experts" are predicting?
If the experts are right and its a 7 win season I don't know how anyone could find that acceptable. 1st off it would mean no improvement from the previous season. Secondly you have quite a bit of experience coming back on offense. The schedule is mostly favorable. Most of the difficult games are at home. Not that they will be easy but for a coach in his 8th year its time for him to start showing that he can protect the House. The games against Okie state, Nc State and Texas are probably the toughest road games. Neither Nc state or Okie state are blue Bloods so each game is winnable. Texas isn't back up to snuff yet so no reason to think this game isn't winnable. Tennessee is and unknown but if there ever was a year you would want to play them this is as good as any. There are those that are worried about the Defense but its not like the Big 12 is known for its steel curtains. I would say 9+ wins no excuses should be the expectation for this season considering we have one of the better qb's in college football. No one knows What AD Lyons expectations are for the program. If he shares Lucks views then that means competing for championships. 7-5 seasons and crappy bowl games against pac 12 schools don't cut it. If he's ok with 7-5 then take the cheap route. Coachs that can produce these results are a dime a dozen. We can get the same results for less then were paying this guy.

I'll be happy if we win 10 and prove the experts wrong.

I've never studied this in the past but I used to buy every mag on the stand in July. I've watched the "experts" miss us more than they get us right. So I stopped wasting my money.

Street and Smith used to be be my favorite for BB and FB. Their High school work was pretty good as well.

I thought the "experts" were saying WVU and Oklahoma in the Big 12 title game. I wouldn't want to prove them wrong about that.

I'll be happy if we win 10 and prove the experts wrong.

I've never studied this in the past but I used to buy every mag on the stand in July. I've watched the "experts" miss us more than they get us right. So I stopped wasting my money.

Street and Smith used to be be my favorite for BB and FB. Their High school work was pretty good as well.

S&S was my favorite mag too!!!

would you be happy with a six, seven or eight win bowl eligible season...again? Is this progress under DH in your opinion?
Hell, no, it's not progress. But the gang of fluffers don't ever seem to give a damn as long as their own personal Jesus remains in charge and continues to underperform. They'll continue to guzzle however many 7-6 seasons he wants to spew.

would you be happy with a six, seven or eight win bowl eligible season...again? Is this progress under DH in your opinion?
Hell, no, it's not progress. But the gang of fluffers don't ever seem to give a damn as long as their own personal Jesus remains in charge and continues to underperform. They'll continue to guzzle however many 7-6 seasons he wants to spew.
Fluff you

Homer still 5 if we only win 7 games will you still come on this board playing keystone cop to every poster complaining about it? Will you say maybe this coaching staff isn't working out after all. I bet you still come on here defending the status quo at whatever cost.

The disciples of Fluffer Holgorsen are facing a come to Jesus moment in 2018. The Fluffers disciples told us that the acquisition of Grier would propel us into the upper echelon of the Big 12. Last season it was more of the same 7-6 and a 3rd rate bowl game just like I said it would be. The disciples will tell you that Grier's injury played a role in the poor finish. They fail to acknowledge that we were pushed around on both sides of the ball by a 6-6 Pac 12 team who's conference went 1-8 in bowl games last season. We also failed to beat programs like Va Tech and Tcu. Both of these games were close but the better coached team prevailed. Programs like Va Tech, Tcu, and Oklahoma State aren't any better than wvu they just have better coaching. Baylor is an excellent example they were nothing before Briles and now that he is gone they have returned to there Historical status as a Doormat. The same would happen at Oklahoma State, Tcu and Va tech if their coach's left and they made the wrong coaching hire. The Disciples will stop at nothing to protect their man crush. When something goes wrong it's always Tony G or Jake S is fault. The disciples like to complain about Jake S handling of the offense but fail to acknowledge that Fluffer Holgorsen was well known for his incompetent play calling and clock management. They complain all the Time about Tony G defense but it was his defense that led wvu to a 10 win season in 2016. If wvu had a better than average coach then they would easily win 9 or more games this year but Fluffer Holgorsen has already proven to be an average at best coach. Prepare for another 7-8 win season with a trip to some crappy bowl played around Christmas. This should be considered unacceptable but so have 3 of the last 4 seasons.

That’s because you and Spooky are the same person.
Nice try.
Casey Ryback there with you as well?
Bitch and Groan, Piss and Moan
I assumed spooky had been banned by now. I put spooky on ignore along with the fake OSU fan last year because life is just to short to to put up with know nothing a$$hats like them.

Reactions: DoogEER
Oh Doogie, see you have brought out the old "you are several different posters" attack against those who don't share your opinion. You are as funny as you are predictable.
I started to include you in that group but you are definitely one ☝️ of a kind

The disciples of Fluffer Holgorsen are facing a come to Jesus moment in 2018. The Fluffers disciples told us that the acquisition of Grier would propel us into the upper echelon of the Big 12. Last season it was more of the same 7-6 and a 3rd rate bowl game just like I said it would be. The disciples will tell you that Grier's injury played a role in the poor finish. They fail to acknowledge that we were pushed around on both sides of the ball by a 6-6 Pac 12 team who's conference went 1-8 in bowl games last season. We also failed to beat programs like Va Tech and Tcu. Both of these games were close but the better coached team prevailed. Programs like Va Tech, Tcu, and Oklahoma State aren't any better than wvu they just have better coaching. Baylor is an excellent example they were nothing before Briles and now that he is gone they have returned to there Historical status as a Doormat. The same would happen at Oklahoma State, Tcu and Va tech if their coach's left and they made the wrong coaching hire. The Disciples will stop at nothing to protect their man crush. When something goes wrong it's always Tony G or Jake S is fault. The disciples like to complain about Jake S handling of the offense but fail to acknowledge that Fluffer Holgorsen was well known for his incompetent play calling and clock management. They complain all the Time about Tony G defense but it was his defense that led wvu to a 10 win season in 2016. If wvu had a better than average coach then they would easily win 9 or more games this year but Fluffer Holgorsen has already proven to be an average at best coach. Prepare for another 7-8 win season with a trip to some crappy bowl played around Christmas. This should be considered unacceptable but so have 3 of the last 4 seasons.

If we were to fire Holgorsen, that means a completely new coaching staff, which then means we will be setting ourselves back another 4-5 years. The current players may not fit the new coaches’ scheme. And the biggest question – who are you going to throw money at to come to Morgantown?

Creating stability on the team and that in turn makes it easier for players to understand a system that will continue to be there every year. Holgorsen also relieved himself of the play calling duties and turned it over to Jake Spavital. This gives Holgorsen more time to focus on the team as a whole instead of concentrating on just the offensive side of the ball.

The team is competing in the top-4 of the Big 12 on an annual basis. People who thought we could come to the Big 12 and dominate are living in a drug induced coma.

Reactions: DoogEER
I assumed spooky had been banned by now. I put spooky on ignore along with the fake OSU fan last year because life is just to short to to put up with know nothing a$$hats like them.
Homer still 5 If you're actually going to put some one on ignore then do it. The fact that I can still see and that you're referencing my name proves have full of it you actually are. You're constantly on this board stalking those who don't share you're opinion. You bring absolutely no value to this board. when was the last time you even started a thread? I know deep insight is way above your intellectual capability but if you're going to actually ignore someone then do it. The only value you provide most posters is the fact they know their IQ is at least 100 points higher than yours.

If we were to fire Holgorsen, that means a completely new coaching staff, which then means we will be setting ourselves back another 4-5 years. The current players may not fit the new coaches’ scheme. And the biggest question – who are you going to throw money at to come to Morgantown?

Creating stability on the team and that in turn makes it easier for players to understand a system that will continue to be there every year. Holgorsen also relieved himself of the play calling duties and turned it over to Jake Spavital. This gives Holgorsen more time to focus on the team as a whole instead of concentrating on just the offensive side of the ball.

The team is competing in the top-4 of the Big 12 on an annual basis. People who thought we could come to the Big 12 and dominate are living in a drug induced coma.
The team has gone 7-5 Three out of the last 4 years and if they only win 7 games this year it will be 4 out of the last 5 years. There is absolutely nothing special about that. You talk about stability the only stability wvu currently has under The fluffer is being mediocre. If it wasn't for one magical night down in Miami where everything clicked this guy would have been gone by now. You can tell the world how The fluffers 7 wins is about par for wvu historically which is true but there comes a time when you should want something more than being just average. There is nothing special about Oklahoma State, Tcu, Va Tech. They just have better coaches. Every time there is a coaching change there are growing pains but if you make the right hire 7-5 seasons can turn into 9+ seasons with much better bowl games. The Fluffer is and average at best coach. The disciples spent a lot of time on the board this time last year telling the world how the acquisition of Grier would lead to 10 win seasons. It didn't happen 2017 was another wasted season. Nothing special about competing for in the top 4 of the big 12 if it means 7-5 and crappy bowl games sponsored by low budget motel chains.

Reactions: Rootmaster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT