ADVERTISEMENT

Will you be satisfied if the predictions are right?

Maybe you should take the time to actually read my post. The coaching stars of tomorrow are coaching at small schools or are assistants at this very moment. Every year there is a new up comer. Some go on to great things others fizzle out. With the exception of Stewart 3 of the last 4 Wvu coaches were considered up and comers. Nehlen had success pulling Wvu out of the dark days of Cignetti. RR elevated the program by assembling a team that could beat blue bloods on occasion. Fluffer Holgorsen was considered an Up and comer but has fizzled out. The best he has done with a team he fully recruited was squeaking out a 1 point win against a 6-6 pac 12 team in a bowl sponsored by a low budget motel chain. What is so great about that? The guy is going into his 8th year and some are saying this is a make or break year for him. If people are making statements like this it indicates that things aren't exactly going to plan. Coach's that get curb stomped by 6-6 pac 12 teams in year 7 should have their abilities questioned. If wvu were to go 7-5 again this year anyone that still supports this clown should have their mountaineer patriotism questioned.

Holgorsen was not a head coach before coming here. The others you mentioned had previous HC experience. Rich Fraud elevated nothing until Pat White arrived and he used that to bolt. Nehlen has far been the best Coach at WVU in the last 38 years. I don't think I have stated in this thread if I am for Holgs or against him this year. Not for a 7-5 record but I can say they won't fire him. Unless they can afford a buyout of several million and pay several million for a new HC and staff. I would say his job is safe until the end of 2019 season

2018 season, the buyout is around $8.1 million.

Should he be dismissed during the final three years of the contract, WVU would owe him up to $6.9 million.

Your wants are ahead of the thinking of AD and President.

Last edited:
[

Allen getting back to the original question asked by the op would you be satisfied if we went 7-5 again? Its a yes or no question. If yes please tell us why you would be happy. Every poster on here speaks for themselves. any poster has the right to respond to anything he or she wishes. Its a public forum if you don't like some of the opinions that people post well that's your right. But remember there are also a group of people who are sick of 7-5 seasons and being mediocre. Its also our right to complain about it as well.

No I would not be happy at 7-5. With that said it won't get him fired either. Unless they can find several Million for a buyout and several million for new HC and staff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT