ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Super 6 still in Wheeling? The state football titles should be in capital city Charleston!

WVpride304

All-Conference
Dec 27, 2017
Move the state titles back to Charleston. The weather is milder, warmer the first week of December and there is more to do downtown. Wheeling is way up in the northern panhandle and many teams fans just don’t go up there. Politics moved the games up there because a Wheeling guy with a lot of power got his way. Get the games back to Charleston ASAP. Wheeling is a bust. Always rainy or cold first week of December. Fans don’t travel up there.

West Virginia state government needs to get involved. Why would they not want the games in the state capital city? Charleston needs to get aggressive and get everything they can get. They have potential with a cool downtown and say the want to get aggressive with new mayor. Let’s hope. She wants to take an already decent downtown to another level. A few things already in store now but the Super 6 also needs to be back there.

Reactions: putnam green
Tell Charleston to make a better proposal to the West Virginia Secondary Schools Activities Commission.

The support Wheeling has from the community, the city and the county make their package that is really hard to match in other places.

In addition to the games, there is also the Academic Achievement Brunch that honors students for their achievements on and off the field.

The guy running the WV high school sports is a Wheeling guy. It’s all politics. Total bs.

Bodhi you bring nothing. Total clueless. You try to talk crap more than sports related things. Honest question. Where do you think the games should be played? Bodhi probably flunked out, couldn’t hang so he left the state.

Game should be played in Anchorage so that maybe the polar bears will be relevant for once

The guy running the WV high school sports is a Wheeling guy. It’s all politics. Total bs.

Bodhi you bring nothing. Total clueless. You try to talk crap more than sports related things. Honest question. Where do you think the games should be played? Bodhi probably flunked out, couldn’t hang so he left the state.
Shut the f**k up, Uder.

Larry Miller and the other clown boys are all Wheeling guys. They are looking out for Wheeling and wanting their city to get that business. Charleston needs to get aggressive and do the same. The D2 basketball conference tournament (former WV conference) is moving to Wheeling as well. Charleston needs to get in the game. Jim Justice speaks that he wants southern WV to get things rolling so things like this matter too.

Charleston has great potential and I look forward to the downtown developments coming. Coliseum is now the name for Civic Center and they have a new convention center connected to it and it’s incredible. The $120 million library expansion by Capital Street will be a hit. A planned condo building is coming and apartments are being created in a tall office building. Another hotel coming in 2-3 years and a grocery store downtown is being worked out now and to be built in a few short years. By 2025 it should be rocking down there.

The Mountain East tournament moved due to scheduling issue. The Charleston civic center had to choose between the Div.2 conference tourney or the state high school tournaments.
Guess which one draws more fans and dollars to Charleston?

That is why it moved.

Charleston is warmer, milder first week of December and is bigger with a better downtown. Wheeling is back on rise and getting aggressive with new young blood running the town and getting rid of the good ole boy network. Young professionals are staying in Wheeling and other folks are moving back to Wheeling after a few years in the big city somewhere. It’s a pretty cool movement. Young entrepreneurs that love the city and have some pride about home.

Still though, Charleston needs to run things and keep these things. No excuse for the Super 6 to not be there. The schedule issues with Mountain East conference could be worked out. They did it before but Super 6 needs back down state again.

Wheeling sucks....it just sucks less than Charleston. I have been to at least 22 state capitals and Charleston is by far the worst.

You need to get out more.

I’ve been all over America and to Europe, Mexico, Barbados, Canada.......Why are you competing and comparing against WV here? It’s not about Charleston being the better or worse Capital. It’s about what WV should do with it here. Charleston doesn’t suck and Wheeling doesn’t suck. The state title game is just better in Charleston. Downtown Charleston has the mall and more restaurants and bars for people to have fun with. Wheeling is just average. The weather usually sucks in Wheeling too in early December on the windy Wheeling Island sitting on the big Ohio River which makes it even cooler.

Ever been to Capital Street in Charleston. It’s actually pretty cool. Plenty of places to eat, party, drink. Couple nice sports bars down there too. Recovery is a great sports bar restaurant.

I have been to all of them and I disagree. Have you been to Montpelier , or Frankfort.

My son has played in the finals at Wheeling and I can say that "Wheeling" and the SSAC do a terrible job of hosting the State Playoffs. The hotel is several miles from the stadium. They are served take out food. They are required to have four players to a room. The year my son went our school send about 45,000 to the SSAC from "hosting" playoff games and the SSAC spent maybe $1,000 on the team at Wheeling. The town of Wheeling certainly does not chip in. FYI the reason that Charleston did not bid the last time is because they had won the prior bid and the "SSAC" did a do over to give it back to Wheeling. The fact that the game is in Wheeling has zero to do with what is best for the schools or the fans.

Seems it would be good to move the Championships - basketball and football around - one year one
in Charleston the other in Wheeling. Seems reasonable.

Tell Charleston to make a better proposal to the West Virginia Secondary Schools Activities Commission.

The support Wheeling has from the community, the city and the county make their package that is really hard to match in other places.

In addition to the games, there is also the Academic Achievement Brunch that honors students for their achievements on and off the field.
A few years back charleston area businesses put together a package that blew away wheeling offer but committed declined saying they didn't feel chas had their HEART in it and was just throwing money to take it away from wheeling. Definitely politics involved with pro wheeling people.

A few years back charleston area businesses put together a package that blew away wheeling offer but committed declined saying they didn't feel chas had their HEART in it and was just throwing money to take it away from wheeling. Definitely politics involved with pro wheeling people.

It is 100% political.

Bodhi you bring nothing. Total clueless. You try to talk crap more than sports related things. Honest question. Where do you think the games should be played? Bodhi probably flunked out, couldn’t hang so he left the state
Charleston can't compete in putting on the Super 6. And I don't want to hear the old untrue story that every other state plays in their capitol. Ohio has never played a football championship in Columbus. Canton or Massillion have the games.

I just don't understand why they can't alternate the super six throughout the state each year. Charleston, Wheeling and Greenbrier new pro football practice facility.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
We here on this board have a front row seat in watching a man drift further and further into madness.
The more coke he does....the weirder his shit gets...

Plus I have someone that knows his situation....his wife is tired of the strippers.

Charleston is the best location. Most states play championship games in capital cities. Wheeling sucks for this. If not Charleston than move to Morgantown.

Get this thing back to Charleston. Better weather, better downtown, more tradition, history of the games. Real WV town lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT