ADVERTISEMENT

Who expected better than 3-1 start? Liar!

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
WVU’s first four opponents are 10-2 this season when they didn't play the Mountaineers. They out-scored their non-WVU foes, 447-166.

Hardly anyone on this board expected WVU to do better than 3-1 in its first four games.

With 2 weeks before the Horns-Down meanies come to Mountaineer Field, I prefer to see sunshine rather than dark clouds. Others can piss on this parade, if they wish, but shame on them.

This is a young team that has had almost two dozen players making their first starts! Neal Brown deserves credit for keeping this ship afloat despite potentially turbulent waters.

James Madison is 3-1, losing only to WVU.

W 44-7 over Saint Francis.

W 63-12 over Morgan State.

W 37-14 over Chattanooga.

Out-scored non-WVU opponents 144-33.

Missouri is 3-1, losing only in opener to Wyoming, 37-31.

W 38-7 over West Virginia.

W 50-0 over Southeast Missouri State.

W 34-14 over South Carolina.

Out-scored non-WVU opponents, 115-51.

North Carolina State is 3-1, losing only to WVU, 44-27

W 34-6 over East Carolina.

W 41-0 over Western Carolina.

W 34-23 over Ball State.

Out-scored non-WVU opponents, 109-29.

Kansas is 2-2, losing 29-24 to WVU.

W 24-17 over Indiana State.

L 12-7 to Coastal Carolina.

W 48-24 over Boston College.

Out-scored non-WVU opponents, 79-53.

I thought 2-2 at best. I also had 4-8 season at worst and 5-7 at best.

FakeSportsWriter....you try so hard to say something meaningful and relevant. Your point seems to be that WVU's opponents have been winning against all comers! That's true but with the exception of Missouri whipping South Carolina...here's is your list of tough opponent's wins over their opponents that has you telling us that you are a true insider and expert...St Francis, Morgan St, Chattanooga, South East Missouri St, East Carolina, Western Carolina, Ball State, Indiana State and Boston College. Big win was Missouri over South Carolina. Big loss Kansas against Coastal Carolina.

Happy the Mountaineers have started 3-1...which is what I've been saying...and love the developing toughness under a true head coach in NB, but think you better step back from the brink, stop pounding your chest as a know it all, and let the season develop.

Then again you will probably continue to state the obvious in big red type except when you post on another site the exact same words as Talmadgeer. Too funny.

Last edited:
WVU needs to be in the position to beat teams like Missouri.

Missouri has had an inflated record the last few years from playing in the SEC East and the Big 12 has continued to own them.

WVU should be 4-0.
I was thinking 3-1. I did think WVU would play much better in CoMo and was surprised by how they pushed around NC State. Thought that game would be much closer.

I'm happy with the record. I knew DH left the cupboard bare while he was planning his departure three years in advance, just waiting out Grier's move to the draft.

However, I would feel better if each win was by 10 and our loss to mizzou was by a td. Blowing out NC St while looking hapless against JMU and MU isn't a trade off that I'd like to make.

Reactions: xgunnx
FakeSportsWriter....you try so hard to say something meaningful and relevant. Your point seems to be that WVU's opponents have been winning against all comers! That's true but with the exception of Missouri whipping South Carolina...here's is your list of tough opponent's wins over their opponents that has you telling us that you are a true insider and expert...St Francis, Morgan St, Chattanooga, South East Missouri St, East Carolina, Western Carolina, Ball State, Indiana State and Boston College. Big win was Missouri over South Carolina. Big loss Kansas against Coastal Carolina.

Happy the Mountaineers have started 3-1...which is what I've been saying...and love the developing toughness under a true head coach in NB, but think you better step back from the brink, stop pounding your chest as a know it all, and let the season develop.

Then again you will probably continue to state the obvious in big red type except when you post on another site the exact same words as Talmadgeer. Too funny.

Others can piss on this parade, if they wish, but shame on them. I knew someone would come out of the sewer to piss on this parade. They can't help themselves. They want to spread their misery to the rest of us who love WVU.

Reactions: MikeRafone
Others can piss on this parade, if they wish, but shame on them. I knew someone would come out of the sewer to piss on this parade. They can't help themselves. They want to spread their misery to the rest of us who love WVU.

Lol. What kind of meds are you on? What does this disjointed reply have to do with my pointing out the simple minded child like logic in your big red post? Really...you over play the role you're trying to create lol x 2.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90

WVU’s omniscient gladiator who says haters diminish themselves but searches to hate for hate yet unexpressed

Bravo o wise one.

I thought WVU could be 4-0, wimp. But I am not disappointed. LIAR!!!!

You are so aggressive, preemptive and PREACHY for an avowed and smug advocate of dignity, peace, decorum and RESTRAINT. Fake news.

Last edited:
I've got a friend who expects them to go undefeated every season and has since we were in grade school. He cried after a trip to PSU and on and off all the way back during "John Talley Era" of WVU.

Being more rational, I wanted to pull out the rest of my hair when the Great Turf Burner made yet another bounce pass to a wide open receiver.

I think most people should have thought you would be 3-1 at this point in the season. JMU, NC State, Missouri, and Kansas. Two of those should have been penciled in as wins, and you had to believe at minimum, you would split with NC State and Missouri, even during what most of you acknowledged as a rebuilding year.

Reactions: doneagain
WVU’s omniscient gladiator who says haters diminish themselves but searches to hate for hate yet unexpressed

Bravo o wise one.

I thought WVU could be 4-0, wimp. But I am not disappointed. LIAR!!!!

You are so aggressive, preemptive and PREACHY for an avowed and smug advocate of dignity, peace, decorum and RESTRAINT. Fake news.
Screeching brat hasn't changed his spots in all these years. I'll pray for you to find peace and lose your misery.

Need to get a lot better to win 6 games.
I see one win for sure against Texas Tech and a bunch of games as the underdog.
These first four games were the easy part of the schedule. I saw somewhere else that we have the second toughest schedule to finish the season.
Think Kansas may have the first.

I think TT, TCU, KSU, and Baylor "could" be a win, and maybe ISU. Texas probably not, and OU......nah, maybe next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT