ADVERTISEMENT

What's the excuse now, Big 10 fans?

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
An 8 seed beats best team in Big 10, Illinois by 13, and it was NO fluke! Loyola led for almost all of the 40 minutes.

Can't wait to hear the excuses from Big 10 fans.

Their teeth-grinding is music to my ears!

Now, Baylor, take down Wisconsin and Big 10 fans will be crying so much that the Great Lakes will flood 8 states!

Krutwig was the lynchpin for Loyola. For a big man his hands that slapped away the basketball without fouling was incredible. Every offense was, get the ball to Krutwig, then have a player circle past him to get the ball and be wide open!

Loyoloa proved that calm and controlled it better than talent some days. Just like in golf!

There is no excuse. Fully expect LSU to take care of Michigan tomorrow.

Seeding was a travesty this year

Reactions: WVUALLEN
One thing for sure, this WVU team has a damn good chance to make the final four. Might be favored in every game, from here on out.

Houston does look a lot like Oklahoma though. That’ll be a nail biter. Yeh, I’m looking past Boeheim

UIC was criminally underrated. If we see then we’ll be sweating that matchup.

I agree. I think Gonzaga and Loyola would be the two toughest tests left for WVU and the Big 12. Ludwig, skinny mustache and all, was awesome. Never saw a big man have such good hands with slapping the ball away without fouling! Did it time after time. The entire Loyola offense revolved around getting Ludwig the ball, then having a smaller player zip around him, get handed the ball and, because Ludwig is a Berlin Wall keeping the defenders away, having a clear shot! Derek and Gabe both would have serious problems with Ludwig.

Reactions: MountieHoo1105
I'm not going to do any gloating until after our game tonight. Cuse could be a tough matchup, especially if we go cold.

I know we lost like 8 of our last 9 to Syracuse. But I’d be shocked if we don’t win by 12+ today

Metics clearly failed with so few OOC games. But the eye test did too. Seeing many of these Big Ten teams for the first time. What about small and/or un-athletic isn’t obvious?

Reactions: deedoubleyou
An 8 seed beats best team in Big 10, Illinois by 13, and it was NO fluke! Loyola led for almost all of the 40 minutes.

Now, Baylor, take down Wisconsin and Big 10 fans will be crying so much that the Great Lakes will flood 8 states!

Krutwig was the lynchpin for Loyola. For a big man his hands that slapped away the basketball without fouling was incredible. Every offense was, get the ball to Krutwig, then have a player circle past him to get the ball and be wide open!

Loyoloa proved that calm and controlled it better than talent some days. Just like in golf!

I thought Michigan was their best? Didn't they win regular season?

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
I'm not going to do any gloating until after our game tonight. Cuse could be a tough matchup, especially if we go cold.

1. I always seen the silver lining and not the dark clouds.
2. After playing Big 12 schedule, March Madness isn't that tough.
3. Huggins Heroes have fast, smart hands on defense and have each other's back on offense.
4. Huggins will have a solution for the Syracuse zone.
5. We got this. Relax and enjoy it.
6. Me saying it doesn't jinx my alma mater. The players and Bob are too busy battling Syracuse to read my posts.

3. Huggins Heroes have fast, smart hands on defense and have each other's back on offense.
6. Me saying it doesn't jinx my alma mater. The players and Bob are too busy battling Syracuse to read my posts.

[roll]

Dumbass

I coached a better game than Huggy. Took him a half to figure out what I posted yesterday haha.

Reactions: KingCoal
hate to say it, but I told you so. Truthfully, we the country going down the crapper, I really just can't too excited about any sporting event anymore.

Take up meditation and leave social media behind.

One thing for sure, this WVU team has a damn good chance to make the final four. Might be favored in every game, from here on out.

Houston does look a lot like Oklahoma though. That’ll be a nail biter. Yeh, I’m looking past Boeheim
I know we lost like 8 of our last 9 to Syracuse. But I’d be shocked if we don’t win by 12+ today
This latest of TrollVanZandt's 36+ handles might be the dumbest yet, and that's quite an accomplishment.

Congratulations to Syracuse and their 3-point marvels, to the remaining Big 12 teams (get as many as possible in the Elite Eight, Final Four and title game) and, most of all, Huggins Heroes for a fanastic, entertaining season despite Oscar the head-case leaving, COVID, few fans in the stands, etc. It helped get your fans through the pandemic isolation, guys. I tip my hat off to my alma mater's basketball team. Now I have a golf tee time for tomorrow to work on my game so that Paula's brother and I can defend our title in the Cuyahoga Falls Brookledge league.

Congratulations to Syracuse and their 3-point marvels, to the remaining Big 12 teams (get as many as possible in the Elite Eight, Final Four and title game) and, most of all, Huggins Heroes for a fanastic, entertaining season despite Oscar the head-case leaving, COVID, few fans in the stands, etc. It helped get your fans through the pandemic isolation, guys. I tip my hat off to my alma mater's basketball team. Now I have a golf tee time for tomorrow to work on my game so that Paula's brother and I can defend our title in the Cuyahoga Falls Brookledge league.
You must cause a wind storm everytime you open your size number 12 doublewide mouth. Blowhard. Too funny.

CFE, you and your ilk were looking so far ahead to Loyola and Baylor that you forgot about the 'Cuse and the coach's boy, Buddy.

Oops, gonna need yet another excuse CFE, as Texas Tech just bit the dust.

Still have Baylor and Kansas to play in the title game. Again, my congratulations to Syracuse and Boeheim's son, the one with the 3-point 6-shooter in his brain. SO proud of Huggins Heroes all season long, and today. Overcame a deficit of, I think, 15 points to go ahead. Still want to see slo-mo of foul or tieup call with 2.2 seconds left. That decided the winner. Not saying it was wrong, because I don't react like Big 10 fans. But it did determine the winner. Tieup and jump ball and WVU has a possession arrow and the ball on its half of the court with a 2 to force overtime or a 3 to win it.

Still have Baylor and Kansas to play in the title game. Again, my congratulations to Syracuse and Boeheim's son, the one with the 3-point 6-shooter in his brain. SO proud of Huggins Heroes all season long, and today. Overcame a deficit of, I think, 15 points to go ahead. Still want to see slo-mo of foul or tieup call with 2.2 seconds left. That decided the winner. Not saying it was wrong, because I don't react like Big 10 fans. But it did determine the winner. Tieup and jump ball and WVU has a possession arrow and the ball on its half of the court with a 2 to force overtime or a 3 to win it.

He had possession of the ball when he was fouled. The replay clearly showed that.

The more you Brag about Big 12 the more Big 12 disappears.

Reactions: Rootmaster

Why don’t you just apologize for polluting up the site with Big 12 Conference pride garbage. Like I said wait til Sweet Sixteen is set then let the Conference Pride crap commence. You realize the Sooners are gonna get beat handily and Kansas is anything more than a 15-25 ranked team right old timer.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL

Any opinion on the egg the Big 12 laid today? Your threads got humiliated small town sports writer.

I agree. I think Gonzaga and Loyola would be the two toughest tests left for WVU and the Big 12. Ludwig, skinny mustache and all, was awesome. Never saw a big man have such good hands with slapping the ball away without fouling! Did it time after time. The entire Loyola offense revolved around getting Ludwig the ball, then having a smaller player zip around him, get handed the ball and, because Ludwig is a Berlin Wall keeping the defenders away, having a clear shot! Derek and Gabe both would have serious problems with Ludwig.

Another take that didn’t end well. You proved to know nothing old timer.

Another horrible take. So sad that a sports writer is so bias and unprofessional.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT