ADVERTISEMENT

2-10 Stony Brook, then 10 games against Top 25 Big 12 teams for WVU

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Inconsistent performance against a 5-6 Buffalo team, even though WVU finally won, knocked Mountaineers out of Top 25. Matthews absence because of his injury didn’t affect voters’ choices.

Even though WVU gave #1 Purdue such a run for its money – down by 4 with 5 minutes left in game.

Stony Brook (2-10) at 6 p.m. Thursday is final non-conference game before the Big 12 gauntlet of #4 Kansas, #7 Texas, #12/#13 Baylor, #20/#19 TCU. That’s 8 of the 18 Big 12 games where every W will be an upset!

Time for WVU to be "Kansas" on offense, whipping pass from player to player till someone is unguarded for an easy basket. Last Saturday I counted TEN times Kansas player touched ball on 1 possession before a shot was taken, and easily made. Mountaineers need more passing inside the 3-point arc and less one-on-one dribbling!

Reactions: Hogan's Hero
Inconsistent performance against a 5-6 Buffalo team, even though WVU finally won, knocked Mountaineers out of Top 25. Matthews absence because of his injury didn’t affect voters’ choices.

Even though WVU gave #1 Purdue such a run for its money – down by 4 with 5 minutes left in game.

Stony Brook (2-10) at 6 p.m. Thursday is final non-conference game before the Big 12 gauntlet of #4 Kansas, #7 Texas, #12/#13 Baylor, #20/#19 TCU. That’s 8 of the 18 Big 12 games where every W will be an upset!

Time for WVU to be "Kansas" on offense, whipping pass from player to player till someone is unguarded for an easy basket. Last Saturday I counted TEN times Kansas player touched ball on 1 possession before a shot was taken, and easily made. Mountaineers need more passing inside the 3-point arc and less one-on-one dribbling!
Stony Brook 4-8
WVU won by 18 (without out Matthews)
WVU was never in the Top 25
AP 27th - up from 34th
CP 27th - up from 29th

They open Big 12 play
@ KSU
@ OSU

We play the same conference schedule every year. Not like we're playing these guys for the first time ever.

Chuck Landon is this you?

Same offense as Kansas? WVU #2 in Big 12 scoring. WVU #3 in margin of victory.
Defense is the issue CFE not the offense.

10-Baylor
9-WVU
8-Kansas

FG% WVU #2
3rd in 3pt FG's made and 3rd in FG%
#2 in FT 73%

Rebounds (this is killing Huggins)
WVU #5

I'm thinking you fall asleep during games and dream most of this shit up.

Last edited:
Stony brook is 4-8

Stony Brook lost to
Florida, Rhode Island, Brown, Florida International, Eastern Washington, Yale, Bryant, Wagner.
That’s 9 L’s.
And beat Miami-Hamilton, St. Joe’s, Sacred Heart and Army.
That’s 4 L’s.

So it’s 4-9.

You got it wrong. I got it wrong. But I think we both agree that Stony Brook is a nothingburger.

Stony Brook lost to
Florida, Rhode Island, Brown, Florida International, Eastern Washington, Yale, Bryant, Wagner.
That’s 9 L’s.
That’s 4 L’s.

So it’s 4-9.

You got it wrong. I got it wrong. But I think we both agree that Stony Brook is a nothingburger.
I only count 8 loses. This is actually getting kinda dumb but thought I’d post one more time. Lol

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Stony Brook lost to
That’s 9 L’s.
That’s 4 L’s.

So it’s 4-9.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Stony Brook lost to
That’s 9 L’s.
That’s 4 L’s.

So it’s 4-9.

So are your posts.

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
ADVERTISEMENT