ADVERTISEMENT

What needs to be done is really very simple -

Nova Mountaineer

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
Morgantown
Hire the Syracuse coach. Did you notice how the Orange coach was on the sideline?
He managed the game with his headsets - watched the game calmly and gave instructions
calmly, did not yell at players or coaches, when a player made a mistake he calmly
talked to him. Calm, cool and collected - and the team reflected his demeanor.
On the Mountaineer sideline head looked and acted harried, seemed extremely
disorganized and unsure when he was selecting plays, almost constantly yelling
looked like a bum (again).
AND the Mountaineers in their play reflected theircoach's approach. They were
not ready to play. I suggest there are very, very few head coaches at our level who
don't have a second quarterback ready to play -I suggest all that make $3 million have
one ready to play - I take that back - all but one.
Players again showed through stupid penalities the undisciplined atmosphere
which IS Dana. IMHO he proved again he does not have the skills, emotional mindset
or understanding of what it takes to be a major football head coach.
And further Dana hasn't created an atmosphere of a true TEAM. Leading players
left the team - and he supported those decisions. But that's not the thrust of my comments
above - it's what went on on the field in this game.

Reactions: pburg01 and RAK
WVU defense intercepted Dungey twice, one practically handing the offense a TD.

Gibby’s guys sacked Dungey FIVE times.

That’s SEVEN turnovers by the defense. No way you should lose a game when you force SEVEN turnovers!!! Never!!!

TWO completions to Sills till late in the game. He showed up for bowl, unlike Grier, and gets ignored like that. 90 yards for Sills and that’s only because near the end they had no choice but to throw to him and he made 2 great gains. It was a waste of Sills’ time to show up in Orlando.

Allison flunked his audition for 2019. He missed on more passes than he made. He held the ball way too long. Grier would go 1, 2, 3 and then throw to someone, run or throw it away. And Allison didn’t see open receivers far too many times. And he threw at their ankles, WAY over their heads, so far off target that even caught passes were out of bounds. He was like a deer in the headlights. Or Pinocchio stiffly standing back there waiting for Geppepo to pull his strings.

And yet Trey Lowe stayed on the bench, completing the only 2 passes he was allowed to throw.

Was Dana so bullheaded about proving Allison was the 2019 QB that he didn’t give a crap about the final score? It was hard not to barf watching this.

I know these lower-level bowl games are to give next season’s players experience. But I think you should play to win EVERY game, even if both teams are 0-11.

Excuse me while I barf again.

Hire the Syracuse coach. Did you notice how the Orange coach was on the sideline?
He managed the game with his headsets - watched the game calmly and gave instructions
calmly, did not yell at players or coaches, when a player made a mistake he calmly
talked to him. Calm, cool and collected - and the team reflected his demeanor.
On the Mountaineer sideline head looked and acted harried, seemed extremely
disorganized and unsure when he was selecting plays, almost constantly yelling
looked like a bum (again).
AND the Mountaineers in their play reflected theircoach's approach. They were
not ready to play. I suggest there are very, very few head coaches at our level who
don't have a second quarterback ready to play -I suggest all that make $3 million have
one ready to play - I take that back - all but one.
Players again showed through stupid penalities the undisciplined atmosphere
which IS Dana. IMHO he proved again he does not have the skills, emotional mindset
or understanding of what it takes to be a major football head coach.
And further Dana hasn't created an atmosphere of a true TEAM. Leading players
left the team - and he supported those decisions. But that's not the thrust of my comments
above - it's what went on on the field in this game.
Syracuse is not a stepping stone to wvu. If babers is looking to move on he has his sights set on a blue blood job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT