ADVERTISEMENT

What Makes WVU an Attractive HC Position?

pmccartney9

Sophomore
Jul 28, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
So, I'm looking for the positives here and these are my takes on the current makeup. Granted I've been back to the school at least once a year for a home game so there may be more to add or offer to this list.

1. - Facilities. I think the previous AD (Ollie) and the current AD have done a great job of elevating the profile the school as a whole. When I see the massive improvements alone at MPS I'm impressed. I would imagine with the raising of funds for the #ClimbingHigher initiative this can only lead to better for the football program as a whole.

2. - Salary. Granted the state isn't going to pay a new HC around 4 MM a year to start. However, with the potential for a HC from a mid conference to come here and make 2.8 - 3.5 MM/yr. That's attractive. Plus, with Gee involved and having such a great ability to raise funds, this could mean more for the position.

3. - Fan Base. I can't say enough about how loyal the fan base is for the teams at WVU.

4. - Returning talent. We've done well with the constant increase in talent at WVU for the football program. Not only do you see that with more consistent recruits that are high 3s and 4s but we do a great job of recruiting the JUCO ranks as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News