ADVERTISEMENT

West Virginia needs to lock down their state next year

SECAggyFan

Freshman
Dec 20, 2017
Your state is producing 2 top OT next year.
One 5 star and one 4 star OT from Huntington WV.

Looks like Ohio State is going to steal both.
One has already committed.

Does WVU not have enough pull to keep those players in state.

I think if DH loses both of those he actually deserves to be fired

Do we really need half baked, simplistic discourse from someone whose only relationship to this board is the $10 paid monthly? The last sentence is complete BS. Coaches recruit players. Dana is doing so with these two and many others. They choose either to accept an offer to WVU or they choose otherwise. Loose them? What does that mean? It is a totally idiotic comment by someone not even a Mountaineer fan paying his fee to be allowed to make such inane, idiotic comments.

Do we really need half baked, simplistic discourse from someone whose only relationship to this board is the $10 paid monthly? The last sentence is complete BS. Coaches recruit players. Dana is doing so with these two and many others. They choose either to accept an offer to WVU or they choose otherwise. Loose them? What does that mean? It is a totally idiotic comment by someone not even a Mountaineer fan paying his fee to be allowed to make such inane, idiotic comments.

Not every year do Top OT recruits fall into WVU's lap.
If DH cannot take advantage of this situation they need to find someone who can

It is simple. You don't let your Top players leave the state especially when you are not a state that produces many top prospects.

If you think that is how recruiting works than you must have the intelligence of a 9 year old.

Recruiting is a shady business.
Thing is WVU has issues selling their state and their program elsewhere.
They shouldn't have the same problem in state.

WVU fans need to be on this guy's twitter reminding him every day what state he is from and how much pride he will feel by representing his home state.

That is the number one OT in the country..
You don't let that walk out of your state.

Not every year do Top OT recruits fall into WVU's lap.
If DH cannot take advantage of this situation they need to find someone who can

It is simple. You don't let your Top players leave the state especially when you are not a state that produces many top prospects.
What makes you think they should “fall into our lap”? If only recruiting was as easy as some of you posters thought. Ask yourself this question, “if you were a five star recruit offered by every single blueblood in the country, would you come to WVU?” Most recruits wouldn’t. It’s just reality.

What makes you think they should “fall into our lap”? If only recruiting was as easy as some of you posters thought. Ask yourself this question, “if you were a five star recruit offered by every single blueblood in the country, would you come to WVU?” Most recruits wouldn’t. It’s just reality.

WVU is no longer in the Big East
That mentality allowed WVU to win the Big East once Miami left.

In the Big XII that will get you more 8-4 seasons.

Will Grier and WVU's championship dreams next year will be good for the conference if they can get passed Tennessee
A lot of people are wanting WVU to go into Austin undefeated and in the Top 5 next year.

But.....West Virginia because of their lack of size will not beat TCU, Texas or Oklahoma next year

Texas' DL will once again push WVU around like last year.

So if WVU has a chance at getting the top OT's in the country why wouldn't they risk everything to get them

Sometimes you have to take chances to have success
You don't win anything unless you roll the dice

Urban Meyer had a slight heart attack last year after the Oklahoma game.
This is actual factual information from OU media that tried to speak with Urban Meyer after the game

Why wouldn anyone want to go there when Meyer is about to leave.
He was the only coach that could get players out of the South.
They will be back to Slohio State after Meyer

Bw5lP3mIYAA2tUh.png:large

Will Grier and WVU's championship dreams next year will be good for the conference if they can get passed Tennessee
A lot of people are wanting WVU to go into Austin undefeated and in the Top 5 next year.

But.....West Virginia because of their lack of size will not beat TCU, Texas or Oklahoma next year

So if WVU has a chance at getting the top OT's in the country why wouldn't they risk everything to get them

Risk everything to get them? I assume you mean to pay. Oh, so we should risk probation to sign a 5 star OL who may or may not pan out? That’s ridiculous.

Just call me dad has a great point about letting the kid know how special it is to be a hero and play for your home state. Pound away at that and let the player know. I feel the same way.

WV has a bunch of basketball talent in the state especially class of 2019 and beyond. Taevon Horton of a Fairmont Senior needs recruited for 2018. He is the real deal. Huggs needs to get him too.

Reactions: JustCallMeDad

You're a fking clown. I can't believe you're allowed to continue spilling your drivel here.

Look at all the Pitt fans on here telling WVU they do not have the right to recruit their own state

Some of you are very messed up individuals.

Koolaid Boy sounds like his boyfriend just pulled out of him.

How many accounts now......25. See you are making new ones everyday.
With the same I hate WVU and they suck nonsense

Just call me dad has a great point about letting the kid know how special it is to be a hero and play for your home state. Pound away at that and let the player know. I feel the same way.

WV has a bunch of basketball talent in the state especially class of 2019 and beyond. Taevon Horton of a Fairmont Senior needs recruited for 2018. He is the real deal. Huggs needs to get him too.
Do you really believe WVU isn’t already trying that? Of course they are. Always have. You guys obviously are young and unaware of our recruiting here. It’s not a lack of effort

Lmao! No it’s not the fans or residents job. Good grief dude. These are college kids. It’s not a pro sports team nor is it the fans job. We are not on the payroll.

Difference between states that win and places that do not.

Some of you are either upset that one of your players is going elsewhere or just plain retarded.

Yes, schools rely on people outside of the university to recruit players.

Julio Jones at Bama for example. Nick Saban told the administrators at his high school in Foley, AL? to keep other schools away from him.
When Pete Carroll and SC came to Alabama to see Julio Jones the school acted like they didn’t know where he was.

I guess your fanabase is not used to having a 5 star player under your nose.
The entire country is about to circle around Huntington, WV for the top OT in the country.

Your have to protect your state. I guess the player grew up a Marshall fan. His twitter has Go Herd tweets but doesn’t mean he doesn’t follow WVU.
No reason for him to go to Ohio St.

WVU will probably give a chance to start from day one.
At Ohio St they have top OT’s every year.

Last edited:
Read Caden Sterns commitment letter that he put on twitter.
LSU was trying to sneak in from the side like they always do but they had their hand slapped this time because Sterns is a future NFL All Pro DB.

WVU should do the same thing to Ohio St with Wright.
He is a West Virginia boy.

Read Caden Sterns commitment letter that he put on twitter.
LSU was trying to sneak in from the side like they always do but they had their hand slapped this time because Sterns is a future NFL All Pro DB.

WVU should do the same thing to Ohio St with Wright.
He is a West Virginia boy.
We aren’t Texas. Lol. And trust me, WVU will be trying as they always do.

You must of not watched the game last year. Grier was starting to pick your precious D apart. You would ahve lost that game by double digits if Grier just hands the ball off at the goal line.

It’s unbelievable the self hate anti WVU negative attitude our own people have. Justcallmedad is spot on. I have argued the same thing. If I post how good one of our own high school WV prospects are they freak out and say he sucks or can’t play at WVU. It’s sad and ridiculous on all these boards on all WV sites.

Justcallmedad I posted here and at 247site about getting more top in state talent and they all argue at how we can’t take a WV kid and other anti negative WV drivel. It’s just pathetic. WVU misses out on top in state players in both football and basketball and recruits out of state flops over them.

Go look at the Taevon Horton Fairmont Senior thread I posted on 247eersports. It’s responses are that no way should we recruit in state kids that much. It’s crazy their this stupid and anti WV.

WVU goes after the best players willing to come to Morgantown. I never check their high school location before deciding whether to cheer for any player in a Mountaineer uniform. And I LMAO over the trolls fight in this thread.

You must of not watched the game last year. Grier was starting to pick your precious D apart. You would ahve lost that game by double digits if Grier just hands the ball off at the goal line.

You have to be kidding right....
WVU wasn’t going to be able to run the ball that close to the goal line. They are a finesse teams that plays football with high heels and purses.

Texas shut down Drew Lock and Mason Rudolph who are a lot better QBs than Will Grier.

Good try though.

WVU wasn’t going to be able to run the ball that close to the goal line. They are a finesse teams that plays football with high heels and purses.

Texas shut down Drew Lock and Mason Rudolph who are a lot better QBs than Will Grier.

Good try though.
We had first and goal from the 10, two runs and we had a half yard to go. Grier was just starting to torch your defense and your offense would not have performed the same when you got behind. It's not like your offense was particularly good. Our offense was so poor with our backup that we were all embarrassed and we still managed to hit one pass for a TD. Grier goes down without contact, just fumbled the ball and tried to dive on it. Ended our season. It wasn't anything your defense did.

Good try though.
A&M hates Texas, why would you even care?By the way, those two QB's are good, but our receivers are much better than Missouris

We had first and goal from the 10, two runs and we had a half yard to go. Grier was just starting to torch your defense and your offense would not have performed the same when you got behind. It's not like your offense was particularly good. Our offense was so poor with our backup that we were all embarrassed and we still managed to hit one pass for a TD. Grier goes down without contact, just fumbled the ball and tried to dive on it. Ended our season. It wasn't anything your defense did.

At least you had hope.

Actually what happened was the safety had containment on the corner so Grier attempted to reach out and touch the end zone or pile on with the ball but his small hands caused him to fumble.

The game wasn’t particularly close.

Your OL and DL were pushed around most of the game and Will Grier only plays QB.

A QB doesn’t change an outcome of a game by that much.

Continue to hold onto hope instead of demanding that things change at WVU.
The same issues will reappear next year. It wasn’t like it was just Texas and Oklahoma that pushed you around.
It was TCU, Oklahoma St and Iowa St.

Last edited:
At least you had hope.

Actually what happen was the safety had containment on the corner so Grier attempted to reach out and touch the end zone or pile on with the ball but his small hands caused him to fumble.

The game wasn’t particularly close.

Your OL and DL were pushed around most of the game and Will Grier only plays QB.

A QB doesn’t change an outcome of a game by that much.

Continue to hold onto hope instead of demanding that things change at WVU.
The same issues will reappear next year. It wasn’t like it was just Texas and Oklahoma that pushed you around.
It was TCU, Oklahoma St and Iowa St.
How have you guys done since ole coked up Mansiel was there? Still think the QB doesn't matter? It was pouring rain at that time and he did fumble it and tried to get the ball back by diving on it. Ended our season. Let me get this straight, tCU and ISU pushed us around? We were down one score at tCU when a bad call kept us from possibly tying up the game in teh fourth and we were driving. We got up on ISU 20-3 at the half. We did not finish like we should and kill them but they didn't do a lot either.

It’s unbelievable the self hate anti WVU negative attitude our own people have. Justcallmedad is spot on. I have argued the same thing. If I post how good one of our own high school WV prospects are they freak out and say he sucks or can’t play at WVU. It’s sad and ridiculous on all these boards on all WV sites.

Justcallmedad I posted here and at 247site about getting more top in state talent and they all argue at how we can’t take a WV kid and other anti negative WV drivel. It’s just pathetic. WVU misses out on top in state players in both football and basketball and recruits out of state flops over them.

Go look at the Taevon Horton Fairmont Senior thread I posted on 247eersports. It’s responses are that no way should we recruit in state kids that much. It’s crazy their this stupid and anti WV.
Who said we shouldn’t go after the kid? Lol. Try reading comprehension

How have you guys done since ole coked up Mansiel was there? Still think the QB doesn't matter? It was pouring rain at that time and he did fumble it and tried to get the ball back by diving on it. Ended our season. Let me get this straight, tCU and ISU pushed us around? We were down one score at tCU when a bad call kept us from possibly tying up the game in teh fourth and we were driving. We got up on ISU 20-3 at the half. We did not finish like we should and kill them but they didn't do a lot either.

Watch the game and the line of scrimmage.
Iowa St had issues because they can only do two things on defense. Rush 3 and drop 8 or blitz and put the WRs in man coverage.
They do not have the talent to do either and Grier was good enough QB to take advantage.
Iowa St adjusted and for a lot of that game punished WVU.

Look at the stat lines the last 3 times Texas and WVU have played.

Texas’ defense was the reason they loss one of them but in all 3 games they rushed for over 200 yards on WVU.

Texas’s new DC is elite. One of the best in the country. Texas is bringing in new players that fit his scheme better and they also redshirted a lot of players last year.

Their defense will be better next year and their OL will be better next year.

Because of that WVU needs to improve in the trenches as well.

If not Texas is going to kill Will Grier. You might have to reattach this head back onto his body.

Look at the stat lines the last 3 times Texas and WVU have played.

Texas’ defense was the reason they loss one of them but in all 3 games they rushed for over 200 yards on WVU.

Texas’s new DC is elite. One of the best in the country. Texas is bringing in new players that fit his scheme better and they also redshirted a lot of players last year.

Their defense will be better next year and their OL will be better next year.

Because of that WVU needs to improve in the trenches as well.

If not Texas is going to kill Will Grier. You might have to reattach this head back onto his body.
Without the injury, Texas, your mortal enemy would have lost 3 in a row to us. Your basketball team, I'm talking about A&M, ran into the same problem we did? Drug test positive for some of your players? I thought they would win the SEC.

Without the injury, Texas, your mortal enemy would have lost 3 in a row to us. Your basketball team, I'm talking about A&M, ran into the same problem we did? Drug test positive for some of your players? I thought they would win the SEC.

You could hold out hope that was the case but Will Grier was on pace for his second worst game of the year.

His worst game was Oklahoma St. Also in the rain.
His third worst game was Va Tech.

Grier did go 6-8 but for only 50 yards as the majority of his passes were passes to the flat to make the safties honest.

His QB rating was the second worst for the season.

So I don’t see how Grier was going to save WVU when he was on pace for an average game and he doesn’t play DL.

You could hold out hope that was the case but Will Grier was on pace for his second worst game of the year.

His worst game was Oklahoma St. Also in the rain.
His third worst game was Va Tech.

Grier did go 6-8 but for only 50 yards as the majority of his passes were passes to the flat to make the safties honest.

His QB rating was the second worst for the season.

So I don’t see how Grier was going to save WVU when he was on pace for an average game and he doesn’t play DL.
He went out in the first quarter. Jesus, are all people from Texas as stupid as you or do they just reside in the liberal enclave of Austin?

This is what made the difference not the injury

Texas 42-233-2

West Virginia 29-56-0

This is the rushing yards for that game

Even with Grier they couldn’t run the ball.

He went out in the first quarter. Jesus, are all people from Texas as stupid as you or do they just reside in the liberal enclave of Austin?

He played an entire quarter.

Even your coach before the game said that WVU needed to find a way to run the ball

One dimensional teams might work on Delaware St and make Will Grier look like a Heisman candidate but against any real defense it doesn’t work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT