ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football vs. Long Island

Doege takes a lot of sacks. He also gets tackled behind the LOS often as well.
200.gif

Three years in and WVU's offense still looks like an abortion in progress. FIU averaged 11 yards per play against Long Island and didn't give up ONE tackle for a loss. The score of this game better be 56 at the half and a 70-7 final.

SO, 38-0 AT HALF DESPITE USING BACKUP QB AND OTHER 2ND TEAMERS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU? LONG ISLAND IS A TERRIBLE TEAM. NOWHERE NEAR POWER-5 LEVEL. WVU CAN NAME THE SCORE. MORE IMPORTANT TO GIVE EXPERIENCE TO LOWER CLASSMEN TO GET READY FOR VIRGINIA TECH.

SO, 38-0 AT HALF DESPITE USING BACKUP QB AND OTHER 2ND TEAMERS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU? LONG ISLAND IS A TERRIBLE TEAM. NOWHERE NEAR POWER-5 LEVEL. WVU CAN NAME THE SCORE. MORE IMPORTANT TO GIVE EXPERIENCE TO LOWER CLASSMEN TO GET READY FOR VIRGINIA TECH.
No, it isn't. You just admitted that LIU is terrible and that WVU should name the score. It certainly hasn't so far. This game should be so lopsided that it's boring. It's gonna be an easy win, but I'm not seeing WVU messing around and still getting 1st downs. Against a team like LIU, 8 yard gains SHOULD be our worst plays. LIU's D should be ecstatic with incompletes and its O should be celebrating when it gets a 5 yard gain.

Remember when Delaware St came to town? Fans left early because it just felt like a scrimmage against Cal U or Fairmont.

I know it's LIU, but I'll give this to Greene, he makes watching the offense fun. It wasn't exciting in the first half, despite the score. I suspect many of us never found the offense enjoyable to watch over the last two years.

And now I wonder if Greene will bear the brunt of that bad snap.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
That bad snap was a good laugh. If you're going to have a bad snap, it may as well be as goofy as that one.

I know it's LIU, but I'll give this to Greene, he makes watching the offense fun. It wasn't exciting in the first half, despite the score. I suspect many of us never found the offense enjoyable to watch over the last two years.

I agree Greene makes the offense look more alive. Not too mention he appears to be our best runner, and he has made a few very good throws, especially the 28 yard bomb after he spun out of a sack in the first half. Doege would've been sacked on that one for sure.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Leddie didn't get yards against subpar competition. 1.5 ypc at this point in the game. Odd to me.

WVU is meant to have that style of offense. We should get back to that style of recruiting, Running QB.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
WVU have any 9/11 remembrance planned or does the Diversity Committee think it was too racist somehow?

Younger WVU fans may not know this but Chris Gray, who played QB for WVU in the early 90s, died in the Twin Towers on Sept 11, 2001.

No, it isn't. You just admitted that LIU is terrible and that WVU should name the score. It certainly hasn't so far. This game should be so lopsided that it's boring. It's gonna be an easy win, but I'm not seeing WVU messing around and still getting 1st downs. Against a team like LIU, 8 yard gains SHOULD be our worst plays. LIU's D should be ecstatic with incompletes and its O should be celebrating when it gets a 5 yard gain.

Remember when Delaware St came to town? Fans left early because it just felt like a scrimmage against Cal U or Fairmont.

66-0 STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU? PLAYING EVERYONE ON THE 3-DEEP CHART?

Just watched the replay. I'm not going to lie, I don't feel much better than I did after the Maryland game. Sure the score was 66-0, but that was more due to oppositions incompetence than WVU's prowess. Not physically dominating this game is very concerning and something that can be addressed regardless of the players. I don't mean that in regards to this season, but the strength and conditioning coach should be catching some grief. It was mostly sloppy with ugly line play on the offensive side. Doege still really struggles with the deep ball and missed many deep routes. Next week will show if WVU really learned anything the last 2 games or not.

Lastly, I think all referees should be required to curl 50 lb dumbells for 20 reps minimum. First Hoculi and now this guy.

Reactions: Rootmaster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT