ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football vs. Iowa State

It's probably time that we admit that WVU football is dead in the water.

Like I mentioned earlier, it's likely that we won't beat another FBS team until we play Kansas next year.

The program is dead.

The new HC doesn't have a track record of recruiting or developing NFL-level players, and the recruiting commitment list so far is unimpressive. Very dark days are ahead, folks. There is nothing to make you say that you can't wait for next week's game or next season or the next year after that. There is nothing with WVU football to get excited about.

It's a dead program. There will be plenty of sparse crowds the next two years. It will be like the Cignetti era all over again.

Go jump off a bridge ass hole. Brown is playing with Holgs leftovers that suck.

I'll have to wait in line behind Coach Brown. He looked like he missed Troy on the cameras. He and his offensive staff did a wonderful job preparing our guys on the three plays he calls.

It's probably time that we admit that WVU football is dead in the water.

Like I mentioned earlier, it's likely that we won't beat another FBS team until we play Kansas next year.

The program is dead.

The new HC doesn't have a track record of recruiting or developing NFL-level players, and the recruiting commitment list so far is unimpressive. Very dark days are ahead, folks. There is nothing to make you say that you can't wait for next week's game or next season or the next year after that. There is nothing with WVU football to get excited about.

It's a dead program. There will be plenty of sparse crowds the next two years. It will be like the Cignetti era all over again.

Exactly what I said. It's dead. Not on life support. DEAD. No excitement at all. Boring offense. Boring play calls.

I'll have to wait in line behind Coach Brown. He looked like he missed Troy on the cameras. He and his offensive staff did a wonderful job preparing our guys on the three plays he calls.

Hard to call plays when the defense is in the backfield with 7 players in the backfield because the O-Line can't block a girl scouts rally of cookie sales.

“We’re always going to try to build our team through high school football recruiting,” Brown said. “That’s how you build your foundation. I think it’s important to have guys in your program for four or five years.

What's the motto for this year? Trust the climb?

Seems like some of the fans didn't get the message.

They'll be on here after the next loss crying in their beer, downgrading everybody and anything.

They'll be on here after the next win saying everything's fixed and propping up everyone and anything.

Same as every week: Wash, rinse, repeat.

Exactly what I said. It's dead. Not on life support. DEAD. No excitement at all. Boring offense. Boring play calls.

Agree- the stadium was dead yesterday most of the game and the team looked like they were completely uninspired.

Brown is holding back players until next year and already abandoned this one.

Cant see where it is coming close to improving anywhere and the schedules are not going to get easier.

Shame the previous HC put no effort into building a program.

He built plenty and would have won 7 games at least— unfortunately the new coach pushed 10 players out and cant seem to coach up the rest.

You dont inherit the too RB corps in the BIG 12 and produce one if the worst rushing attacks in cfb if you know what you are doing as a coach.

Brown prepared his team all offseason and had to make sudden changes to correct his misjudgements after just the second game.

Has nothing to do with the previous staff.

He built plenty and would have won 7 games at least— unfortunately the new coach pushed 10 players out and cant seem to coach up the rest.

You dont inherit the too RB corps in the BIG 12 and produce one if the worst rushing attacks in cfb if you know what you are doing as a coach.

Brown prepared his team all offseason and had to make sudden changes to correct his misjudgements after just the second game.

Once again falsification on your part. Please google correct facts on so called pushed 10 players out.

too should be two.
cfb should be spelled out such as: College Football
offseason is 2 words: off season.

Wrong. Can win in Houston, can't win here. Lucky to have one win with Dana right now because we'd have to score at least 45 a game with Allison, which has never happened before, because his crappy defense would give up 44 a game to everyone with the possible exception of JMU who would only score 40.

You do if you have one of the worst offensive lines. But you don't understand even the ranking system used. The RB corp is ranked against the other RB corps in the conference - many of them only have one RB they predominantly use- and therefore little is known about the rest of them. Most schools don't use the round-robin type of rushing attack WVU uses especially if they have a stud back like OSU with Hubbard, ISU did with Montgomery, or KU with Pooka.

At least there were changes. Dana never made any changes or adjustments. That's why WVU was never safe with a lead in the second half and always faltered down the stretch.

Is this really a Marshall board? I read the same compaints, criticisms over there.

What you have in Allen and a few other posters are people who were incredibly wrong as they worked night and day for the last 8 years to get rid of the second winningest coach in WVU history and claimed anyone could step in and immediately do better, now trying to protect their own egos from the vast array of lies, libel and innuendo they spread because the new coach is not performing well.

They try to blame the previous coach--long gone for it.

and when facts blow up those ridiculous lies, they turn to attack anyone who dare discuss what is really going on.

Its about protecting their own ego--they could obviously care less about WVU, they are talking about ME rather than the 41 yards rushing, or the 190 total yards gained by WVU against ISU.

Talking about a message board poster instead of discussing the coach they are championing has a recruiting class ranked 57th nationally and 9th in the BIG 12 (remember how they blasted Holgorsen's recruiting classes night and day like myself told them it's -but now their egos can't admit how wrong they were so they claim recruiting doesn't matter). The hypocrisy flowing in their posts is nothing short of astounding.

Allen has been trolling this board for YEARS but now is calling for me to be banned because I'm injecting facts into the discussion about the new coach that simply is not getting the job done for WVU. Allen is giving Brown a pass in his incredibly hypocritical stance, while he blasted the previous coach relentlessly for performing far better.

^^ Same Old Song & Dance ^^

NB 6 games in and Buck still stuck on Foldgerson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT