ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football at Virginia Tech

Congrats team on the crushing beat down of VT over there. Going forward comes the toughest part of the schedule starting with Texas. Obviously BIG 12 play will be much tougher than VT.

Congrats team on the crushing beat down of VT over there. Going forward comes the toughest part of the schedule starting with Texas. Obviously BIG 12 play will be much tougher than VT.
This from the guy that picked Tech to win.

Absolutely the nastiest, trashiest, obnoxious fanbase in the country.

Girls are skanks and the boys are betas.

Wanted to talk crap before the game, couldn't find one to even open their mouth after.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
A couple related notes...

1. The announcers, as usual, completely sucked on ESPN. Hype, hype, hype, hype, hype. Everything and anything except the football game. At one point they said "And coming up, we'll tell you about WVU and VTs upcoming schedule." As if I need ESPN to tell me who WVU and VT will be playing in the future. The thing they have a monopoly on is the game they're covering. Show me the game action and then replays of the game action. Literally everything else I can get on my own and I don't need ESPN for.

2. One of the things they hyped was the historic rivalry of WVU and VT. Okay, that's legit. Just because they incessantly hyped things doesn't mean everything they hyped was all BS. But the thing is, WVU-VT hasn't played in many years until these two games, and after these two games they're not scheduled to play anymore. One reason hyping the WVU-VT rivalry works is because there are people that remember it. The longer and longer WVU-VT plays rarely, the less and less that hyping the WVU-VT rivalry is going to interest anyone, which in turns mean the WVU-VT rivalry will gradually die. And the same goes for all other gradually discontinued rivalries. It doesn't feel like it's happening because it's happening slowly, but it is happening. It's like the frog in very gradually boiling water thing. All the rivalries that have been disrupted by conference realignment are in the process of dying, every single day. That's something that ESPN doesn't highlight, because not highlighting it makes them money.

Very good game and very good win. I love watching us run all over them. Great game WVU, offensively and defensively. We may have left a few points on the field, but it was a solid win and I loved it.

I watched the game in VA with a bunch of Hokie fans at a busy sports bar, and I have to say that they were all good sports. One of the loudest most obnoxious VT fans at the establishment actually starting rooking for WVU as the game went on lol. He was wasted and funny, but a good sport about it nonetheless. The VT fans I conversed with all felt the same way I do --this should be an every year game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT