ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football at Texas Tech

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Game is set to kickoff at 5:30 p.m. Saturday and will be televised by ESPN2.

Crazy!! We catch that ball and that score never happens. Have we got the ball to start every game this year? I think we have.

Backup QB starting, 3 WR not playing, and TT's offense is cutting through our "top-ranked" defense like a hot knife goes through butter.

And we have a guy who is not even playing who costs us 15 yards.

Pathetic.

Backup QB starting, 3 WR not playing, and TT's offense is cutting through our "top-ranked" defense like a hot knife goes through butter.

And we have a guy who is not even playing who costs us 15 yards.

Pathetic.

Giving up yards to Texas Tech is inevitable. No matter who they have or don't have. The problem is that we've missed several passes on offense and questionable 3rd and 4th down play calls.....or we could have 14 more points on the board now.

It is hard to be positive. I’m trying. But some guys can make mistake after mistake and still get opportunities. Plus some play calling that is weird to say the least.

Defense is not playing well, but the offense is still shitting the bed when it matters most and preforming worse. Just once I'd like to see the offense pull its weight.

Reactions: Rootmaster
If we take a step back and look at the big picture, WVU didn't really have any practice throughout the Spring and Summer. Our players and coaches dedicated that time to marching for felonious fentanyl addicts, facilitators for drug rings, and getting men who disagreed with the aforementioned "causes" fired. Men who might have prevented this cheddar cheese, undisciplined team. Perhaps when football is the focus next year, WVU won't look like a bunch of special olympians out there.

If we take a step back and look at the big picture, WVU didn't really have any practice throughout the Spring and Summer. Our players and coaches dedicated that time to marching for felonious fentanyl addicts, facilitators for drug rings, and getting men who disagreed with the aforementioned "causes" fired. Men who might have prevented this cheddar cheese, undisciplined team. Perhaps when football is the focus next year, WVU won't look like a bunch of special olympians out there.

Please do not be so offensive to special olympians.

Houston Baptist, a school you'd expect to see in a 1990s college football movie about a legendary coach who comes out of retirement to guide a virgin program (and virgin boys, being good Baptists) to beat the big-time program that unceremoniously let him go for refusing to do dirty deeds, played TT better than WVU did today.

Last edited:
Bad loss. No other way to look at it. Offense had 3 or 4 opportunities with the score tied, and good field position, to take over the game. But then we decided that we wanted to have our QB run around in the backfield and make throws that he can't make with his lack of arm strength.

When will we get a coaching staff that recruits the kind of QB that best fits WVU football? It's not a pocket statue with no arm strength.

If Sam James plays again I will never watch again after watching/attending since 1980. I don’t want to hear the BS from the coaches. He is crap. Talent does not make a player and he sucks period. Again cost us a game or ruined momentum. Unreal

If Sam James plays again I will never watch again after watching/attending since 1980. I don’t want to hear the BS from the coaches. He is crap. Talent does not make a player and he sucks period. Again cost us a game or ruined momentum. Unreal

Well, he did. He was in on the final drive.

So, let's see:

1. Texas Tech had backup QB who hadn't started a game since 5 years ago in high school.
2. They were down to their 3rd string RB.
3. They had their top three WR's out.

And we gift wrapped them the game.

I take it back, when the defense really needed to step up and get a stop it also shit the bed and gave up a 4+ minute drive. Both sides of the ball screwed the pooch in this game. This team is only marginally better than last year and that is underperforming the reasonable expectations of year 1 to year 2 growth after 5 games. Obviously Brown deserves at least 3 years and COVID really wrecked preparation for this season, but the longer we keep seeing performances like this the more his luster fades.

Also, the defensive showing may not having been improved, but it certainly wasn't helped by having a lack of a true coordinator. Hope it was worth it to satisfy a blubbering pussy that isn't even playing this year by hamstringing an entire unit of your team.

Reactions: wilmingtoneer
Pretenders.

Built a good record by beating garbage teams at home.

Played a garbage team, that was using its JV offense, on the road today and lost.

Somebody needs to tell HCNB to recruit wide receivers who can catch the ball and hang on to it. That's kinda important at that position.

Same undisciplined shoot-yourself-in-the-foot brand of football every week. Ticket office people should be glad they're limiting ticket sales because why would anybody want to pay good money to watch that same old crap every week?

Had them against the wall game in had driving for the win then got James'd giving up a scoop and score.

Pretenders.

Built a good record by beating garbage teams at home.

Played a garbage team, that was using its JV offense, on the road today and lost.

Somebody needs to tell HCNB to recruit wide receivers who can catch the ball and hang on to it. That's kinda important at that position.

Same undisciplined shoot-yourself-in-the-foot brand of football every week. Ticket office people should be glad they're limiting ticket sales because why would anybody want to pay good money to watch that same old crap every week?

We were picked to finish 8th or 9th.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT