ADVERTISEMENT

Week 6 picks here

Stone_Cold

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2001
I'm traveling this entire week. Who wants to give me the results from week 5?

Sled cheated to win 1 game. BC was favored by 5, but geezer was the only person on the planet to have BC -2.5, and, of course, BC won by only 3. A very questionable 1-2, as both Kansas and Utah didn't come close to covering for Sled.

Sled cheated to win 1 game. BC was favored by 5, but geezer was the only person on the planet to have BC -2.5, and, of course, BC won by only 3. A very questionable 1-2, as both Kansas and Utah didn't come close to covering for Sled.
I had utah at plus 2...it's not my fault I had to pick early and the line for BC uva was 2.5 when I picked....I don't cheat...that's left up to ambulance chasers

I had utah at plus 2...it's not my fault I had to pick early and the line for BC uva was 2.5 when I picked....I don't cheat...that's left up to ambulance chasers
Are you using CBS sports for the betting lines? I'm not sure what we ended up agreeing on for all to use, unless it's simply the honor system. Obviously, you're normally not an honorable human being, but in this case, the opening line on CBS was actually BC -2.

Are you using CBS sports for the betting lines? I'm not sure what we ended up agreeing on for all to use, unless it's simply the honor system. Obviously, you're normally not an honorable human being, but in this case, the opening line on CBS was actually BC -2.
any fan of the skunkweasels has no right to call anyone else not honorable....and if your short term memory hasn't failed it was me who suggested that we all agree on one site to use for picks but noone ever said yes or no

any fan of the skunkweasels has no right to call anyone else not honorable....and if your short term memory hasn't failed it was me who suggested that we all agree on one site to use for picks but noone ever said yes or no
You're the dishonorable person that claimed to have gone 2-1 last week. Fortunately, King was paying attention to your outlandish lie, and called you out.

Last week's records: Tony 3-0, Stone 2-1, King 2-1, MHerd 2-1, WBGVA 2-1, and Slow Head 1-2

Season records:

Tony - 11-4
Stone - 10-5
Slow Head - 9-5-1
King - 9-6
MHerd - 8-6-1
WBGVA - 3-3

If any of this is incorrect and you're not Slow Head, let me know.

Reactions: Stone_Cold
How the hell did slow and I end up with a tie on our records? Thought if you laid 3 and won by 3, it was an L.

Nope, it's called a "push" in the gambling world, and the house would return all of the money that you bet, but not pay you any extra, so calling it a tie makes sense. It's like kissing your sister or, in Slow Head's case, his wife.

Nope, it's called a "push" in the gambling world, and the house would return all of the money that you bet, but not pay you any extra, so calling it a tie makes sense. It's like kissing your sister or, in Slow Head's case, his wife.
That sounds reasonable. I'm probably confusing this with parlay cards, which used to be my form of gambling, albeit 40 years ago.

we bringing families into it now?......don't make me tell them about your sheep friend

week 5 results are under the Week 5 string. Tony back on track with an undefeated week

Don't 'believe' again. You were 1-2.
You lost Utah game and Kansas game. You won BC/Virginia

week 5 results are under the Week 5 string. Tony back on track with an undefeated week
I had done all of this already. You posted that you were busy traveling, so I calculated last week's results and the updated records in this very thread yesterday morning (see above). I think you've read too many of Slow Head's brain-dead posts and it's dropped your IQ by about 50 points.

I had done all of this already. You posted that you were busy traveling, so I calculated last week's results and the updated records in this very thread yesterday morning (see above). I think you've read too many of Slow Head's brain-dead posts and it's dropped your IQ by about 50 points.
lol... I'm brain dead from this conference.

I'm as guilty as others, but perhaps it would make things easier to score the weekly results if we simply posted our picks in the weekly thread, and referred to slow sled as a cheating, bloviating jerk in a separate thread.

I'm as guilty as others, but perhaps it would make things easier to score the weekly results if we simply posted our picks in the weekly thread, and referred to slow sled as a cheating, bloviating jerk in a separate thread.
"bloviating"?.......looks like your evening GED classes are doing some good after all...my congratulations

should i point out to Snow that you made 1 pick that was the same as mine? His head is going to explode

Maryland +20 (Ohio State) reverse psychology/jinx
Michigan -19 (Minnesota) more reverse psychology/jinx
Arizona/USC UNDER 72 points

• Haha
Reactions: Humptod
Maryland +20 (Ohio State) reverse psychology/jinx
Michigan -19 (Minnesota) more reverse psychology/jinx
Arizona/USC UNDER 72 points
I tried using that logic last year, due to my hatred of Michigan State, and ended up being wrong about four straight weeks. Now trying to pick small spread games, basically toss-up games, picking who I think will win outright.

Week 6 results
Slow 3-0, MHerd 2-1, King 1-1-1, WBVA 1-2, Tony 0-3, Stone sucked 0-3

Please let me know of any disputes. King, shame you didn't pick the line at later date as Maryland ended at +17 at kickoff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT