ADVERTISEMENT

" We must all learn to live together as brothers and sisters....

A thread begun in honor of MLK saying we should all live together as brothers and sisters ends with an African American agreeing with a racist that African Americans are inferior in intelligence to whites.

Great job honoring the man and his beliefs.

Where on Earth did you get that? No one is inferior to anyone else by Creation. However certain cultures excel in certain disciplines just as I'm sure you notice in your classroom boom.

My culture...African American doesn't cherish academic success as much as Jewish culture does. Are we inferior to Jews? Absolutely not. Is our culture different in terms of emphasis?

Yes!

We move, we dance, we run and jump and play hard. It's why so many of our kids are such good Athletes. Can Jews play football? Sure. But why do you see more of them going to Law school on academic scholarships than Blacks getting full ride schollies to dunk a Basketball?

Ans:

Culture. Not race...Culture.

Do you think that our system of keeping people in slum areas and in bad public schools keeps these kids from becoming all they can be?
I think some public schools fail their students, yes. I think that there are ways to fix the problem that do not require privatization

I hear you. I feel like this “hands off - Business first” approach already failed once in my voting lifetime under W, but it’s your guys’ time to shine.
You do realize that the reason the housing problem happened was because the government mandated that banks give loans to people who couldn't afford it and then things cascaded from there. Again, our government's reach into business ended porrly. It's not the first time either. It has happened here in Roanoke several times.

Reactions: atlkvb
Do you think that our system of keeping people in slum areas and in bad public schools keeps these kids from becoming all they can be?

Yes! And who is against school choice vouchers to free them from those failing Government run schools? Leftists.

Reactions: Airport
I think some public schools fail their students, yes. I think that there are ways to fix the problem that do not require privatization
Again, our government created the problem. I'm not sure that the creator of the problem wants to relinquish control.

You do realize that the reason the housing problem happened was because the government mandated that banks give loans to people who couldn't afford it and then things cascaded from there. Again, our government's reach into business ended porrly. It's not the first time either. It has happened here in Roanoke several times.
Deregulation of the lending industry and the market had nothing to do with it?

Lack of money where it’s most needed is causing the problem

And who is against tax free enterprise zones to spur economic growth in inner cities so more Blacks can own their private buisinesses?

Leftists.

Deregulation of the lending industry and the market had nothing to do with it?
Mandating that lenders give money to people who couldn't afford it was the problem and then everybody got in on the act. Govt created the problem and then by dragging it's feet kept the problem longer than it should have gone on. You don't slowly cut off the leg when it's infected.

Private competition based schools work better.
When looking at the present model, sure. They pay for for teachers, and have a student body that overwealmingly has better parent engagement, less discipline issues among students, and students come from better home environments......among other factors that contribute to the skewed figures.

When looking at the present model, sure. They pay for for teachers, and have a student body that overwealmingly has better parent engagement, less discipline issues among students, and students come from better home environments......among other factors that contribute to the skewed figures.

Poor kids do just as well. Study after study shows it and more importantly the Parents overwhelmingly favor them(vouchers)

Who is against it?

Leftists...especially in Teacher Unions.

Poor kids do just as well. Study after study shows it and more importantly the Parents overwhelmingly favor them(vouchers)

Who is against it?

Leftists...especially in Teacher Unions.
I’m talking about the scale, not the socioeconomic background of the student. Scale private schools to the level you and others advocate for, and their success will be diminished while public schools will be even further diminished

Remember, privatization is bad when you are talking about health care and such......but good when you are talking about schools.......
Healthcare is much worse and more expensive since our govt decided to get too involved.

I’ve studied Letter from Birmingham extensively...and could quote most of it for you.....it’s one of my favorite works.

Are you saying that I can’t appreciate his views and ideas if I don’t subscribe to his religion?

(missed this earlier)

I'm saying to understand his views is to understand the prism of his Religion through which he spoke. You cannot separate the two because his views were animated by his Faith.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT