ADVERTISEMENT

Washington Post: WVU considering firing DH

using Mitch Vingle as a source? shame on them.

if Lyons is going to do this, he needs to do it immediately. You can't wait a month, that's not fair to the guy and his staff, and you better have a replacement lined up.

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
Well, if you fire him this late then there's really only a few choices you will have to find a replacement....and one of them would have to be Rich Rod. Could all the rumors flying around be coming true? Rich Rod turns down South Carolina after being contacted and told that WVU may be in the process of firing Holgorsen?????

I'll say this, unless it is Rich Rod I don't like firing Holgerson for an unproven coordinator. It didn't work before. I'd rather keep him another year and then make the decision next December. However, if Rich Rod is an option, go for it now.

Ugh, the thought of Rich Rod is tough to stomach. I think he's washed up, his offense is a dime a dozen these days, and he consistently fields horrid defenses. This program is just starting to make progress of the defensive side of the ball. It would suck to throw that away.

I'd say we are exploring options. Otherwise, why not come out with a statement supporting your coach? It doesn't mean Dana is done, it just means we are asking him to restructure his contract or seeing what's available.

Ugh, the thought of Rich Rod is tough to stomach. I think he's washed up, his offense is a dime a dozen these days, and he consistently fields horrid defenses. This program is just starting to make progress of the defensive side of the ball. It would suck to throw that away.

Unless there was a falling out that I'm not aware of, Rich and Gibson were close when here at WVU, correct? Wouldn't it be logical that he would not bring Casteel back with him and keep Gibson as the DC? But I agree, it would be a mistake for anyone to replace Tony Gibson as the DC. Furthermore, I'd be OK with giving Holgorsen one more year and potentially promoting Gibson to head coach. I know he has no experience, but there's no doubt he can coach. We've seen the improvement on the field on his side of the ball.

ticket revenue is about to take a historic drop. they have to be considering options

Could all the rumors flying around be coming true? Rich Rod turns down South Carolina after being contacted and told that WVU may be in the process of firing Holgorsen?????.
Please.. someone just unplug it.
needle-record.jpeg

The article is actually a blog by a person the paper fired "amicably" in the past.

He sites Mitch Vingle.

There has to be something like 20 openings for HC's out there and schools have already taken the top available candidates. There isn't any sure fire coach out there to come in, take over the program, recruit better and win more games. Holgorsen has a nice recruiting class on board and has a huge buyout.

It seems that the desire of some to get rid of this coaching staff--since they arrived--is outpacing the actual situation. We'll see what happens.

Hell, there are plenty of good coaches right here on this message board. Just ask them.

Reactions: tigeer
Well, if you fire him this late then there's really only a few choices you will have to find a replacement....and one of them would have to be Rich Rod. Could all the rumors flying around be coming true? Rich Rod turns down South Carolina after being contacted and told that WVU may be in the process of firing Holgorsen?????

I'll say this, unless it is Rich Rod I don't like firing Holgerson for an unproven coordinator. It didn't work before. I'd rather keep him another year and then make the decision next December. However, if Rich Rod is an option, go for it now.

I don't want that gimmick coach back here. He sucks at Arizona and he will suck here. Once teams figured him out, he was done. I would much rather have DH.

Draft Warez! If he's not available then try Shuless or Druncan. All three of 'em are more qualified than El Producto.

I don't want that gimmick coach back here. He sucks at Arizona and he will suck here. Once teams figured him out, he was done. I would much rather have DH.

Every offense is a "gimmick". Thus, every coach is a "gimmick" coach. So, what's your point?

Yes...................Rich Rod can be taken at his word. If you tell Rich Rod that you have millions of dollars waiting for him..............you can sure get his commitment.............and as a bonus you get Rita. Well, I ain't sure you get Rita. Word is that ............when Rita leaves..........Rita's gone. Ask Delbert McClinton about Rita.

Didn't that Rita leave Delbert for Waylon? It's tough to compete against an ex-Cricket.

If it was worth considering now, then it was worth considering a month ago to get out on the front end of changes. I thought then there were too many changes this year and we'd be too far down the pecking order. But I think what we saw this year (lots of openings...even from monster schools) will become the norm considering the money these days. Therefore, I don't think December/January is the time to enter the fray. I truly worry about leadership and hope that I'm wrong despite hope not being a strategy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT