ADVERTISEMENT

Want to bet against the numbers? Be my guest!

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
The numbers, the gods I live by, are warning you.

If you bet on 15 seed Oral Roberts or 5 seed Creighton to win March Madness you might as well set your money on fire and at least enjoy watching it go up in flames.

You have a slim chance if you bet on Chicago Loyola since 8 seed Villanova did it in 1985, the first year for a 64-team field. But that was almost 4 decades ago. Sure you want to take that chance with your rent money?

That’s the lowest seed to ever win it IN HISTORY.

Since 1985, when March Madness expanded to 64 teams, NO 15 seed like Oral Roberts this year has ever won the title. And NO 5 seed like Creighton has ever won it either.

1 seed won it all in 2019 (Virginia), 2018 (Villanova) and 2017 (North Carolina) so the 1 seed is on a 3-year winning streak. Gonzaga, 1 seed, get it?

7 seed Connecticut in 2014 is the last champion that was not a 1 or 2 seed.

6 seed Kansas won it in 1988.

ALL the other titles were won by seeds 1, 2, 3 and 4.

It’s way easier to knock off a higher seed in the 1st or 2nd rounds because they don’t see you coming.

By Sweet Sixteen, Elite Eight and Final Four you can’t sneak up on the bluebloods. And they have fresh game film to study till they put the uppity whippersnappers in their place.

Doesn’t mean it can’t happen. But the numbers show that it DID NOT happen in all of history. If you choose to ignore history then hope you didn't borrow your betting money from Guido who breaks kneecaps if you don't pay him.

Bet the house on Oral Roberts and you can become a millionaire . . . or more likely be homeless.

Year Seed-Champ

1-Virginia

1-Villanova

1-North Carolina

2-Villanova

1-Duke

7-Connecticut

1-Louisville

1-Kentucky

3-Connecticut

1-Duke

1-North Carolina

1-Kansas

1-Florida

3-Florida

1-North Carolina

2-Connecticut

3-Syracuse

1-Maryland

1-Duke

1-Michigan State

1-Connecticut

2-Kentucky

4-Arizona

1-Kentucky

1-UCLA

1-Arkansas

1-North Carolina

1-Duke

2-Duke

1-UNLV

3-Michigan

6-Kansas

1-Indiana

2-Louisville

8-Villanova

Let's call out this thread for what it is: A transparent attack on #15 Oral Roberts, which beat not only #2 Ohio State, but also #7 Florida, the latter of which beat WVU in Morgantown. Using CFE's love for the transitive property against him, Oral Roberts beat Florida, which beat WVU, so ORU is better than WVU, and this cuts CFE deeply.

Let's call out this thread for what it is: A transparent attack on #15 Oral Roberts, which beat not only #2 Ohio State, but also #7 Florida, the latter of which beat WVU in Morgantown. Using CFE's love for the transitive property against him, Oral Roberts beat Florida, which beat WVU, so ORU is better than WVU, and this cuts CFE deeply.

YOU HAVE SO MUCH BULLSHIT THAT YOU MUST BE A TRUMP SUPPORTER. I JUST PUT THE NUMBERS OUT THERE. YOU UNHAPPY, ATTACK THE NUMBERS, NOT ME. AND I DID SAY IT COULD HAPPEN THAT 15 ORAL ROBERTS WINS IT ALL BUT IT HASN'T HAPPENED YET. YOUR HATRED OF EVERYTHING I POST AFFECT YOUR READING COMPREHENSION? NO WONDER YOU'RE DOING TO DIE 7.5 YEARS SOONER THAN ME.

It official, you’re crazy. You need to get back on your meds.

WHAT EXACTLY IS CRAZY OUT RESEARCHING AND POSTING THE NUMBERS? OR IS IT CRAZY TO RESPOND NEGATIVELY TO EVERYTHING I POST. IF I SAID YOUR WIFE WAS BEAUTIFUL YOU WOULD CONTRADICT ME. DETAILS, MAN! WHAT IS "CRAZY" ABOUT MY POST. YOU NEED YOUR MEDS!

YOU HAVE SO MUCH BULLSHIT THAT YOU MUST BE A TRUMP SUPPORTER. I JUST PUT THE NUMBERS OUT THERE. YOU UNHAPPY, ATTACK THE NUMBERS, NOT ME. AND I DID SAY IT COULD HAPPEN THAT 15 ORAL ROBERTS WINS IT ALL BUT IT HASN'T HAPPENED YET. YOUR HATRED OF EVERYTHING I POST AFFECT YOUR READING COMPREHENSION? NO WONDER YOU'RE DOING TO DIE 7.5 YEARS SOONER THAN ME.
I have a great quote for you, Paw Paw: "If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain." This was attributed to the Great Winston Churchill, but who knows whether he actually said it. Regarding your drivel about numbers, the final scores of its last two games against heavily-favored opponents establish that Oral Roberts is pretty damn good, and not deserving of your scorn and ridicule. As for using historical seedings to justify your warning, the seeds this year are uniquely unreliable, due to the small number of nonconference games played because of COVID-19. This is why you were fooled into pounding your frail chest about the Big 12 (and, boy did you ever). The Big 12 went 4-5 vs. the SEC in the conference challenge series, and, although the B1G won its challenge vs. the ACC this season, it barely did so, and these were warnings signs that all of us should have heeded, but we didn't do so.

Confused. Frustrated. Empty headed. A typical libtard who thinks they are important or know anything about anything. They fake and blowhard through life pretending to have achieved anything. But when cfe looks in a mirror he sees a loser.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
I have a great quote for you, Paw Paw: "If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain." This was attributed to the Great Winston Churchill, but who knows whether he actually said it. Regarding your drivel about numbers, the final scores of its last two games against heavily-favored opponents establish that Oral Roberts is pretty damn good, and not deserving of your scorn and ridicule. As for using historical seedings to justify your warning, the seeds this year are uniquely unreliable, due to the small number of nonconference games played because of COVID-19. This is why you were fooled into pounding your frail chest about the Big 12 (and, boy did you ever). The Big 12 went 4-5 vs. the SEC in the conference challenge series, and, although the B1G won its challenge vs. the ACC this season, it barely did so, and these were warnings signs that all of us should have heeded, but we didn't do so.

NO SCORE OR RIDICULE BY ME. NOT MY STYLE. I JUST PUT UP THE NUMBERS. YOU ACCUSE THE NUMBERS OF SCORN OR RIDICULE, NOT ME. JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE THE NUMBERS DON'T ATTACK ME.

MORE NUMBERS. ATTACK AWAY IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Seed # of Champs % of Champs
1 22 63%
2 5 14%
3 4 11%
4 1 3%
5 0 0%
6 1 3%
7 1 3%
8 1 3%

NO 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 seed has EVER won it in history. That's not scorn or ridicule. That's a fact. IF you can handle the truth.

1 seed wins more often than THE REST OF THE FIELD!

88% percent of the time the champion comes from the top 3 seeds. Cinderella is a heartwarming story. But it rarely happens. Doesn't mean it can't. It means it didn't throughout history.

A fact. Not ridicule. No scorn. Stop making it personal and become more intelligent.

I let the numbers be my guide, not MY opinion or YOUR opinion. And I'll live 7.5 years longer than you because of it. Medically proven.

Ha ha, good one immediately above, CFE. You keep missing my point, though. The seeding is less accurate this season than it has been in prior seasons, due to the reduced number of non-conference games caused by the pandemic. In other words, you're comparing apples to oranges, and wrongly extrapolating past results to this tournament. Does this mean that Oral Roberts will advance? Absolutely not. Gonzaga hasn't lost a single game, and played a good non-conference schedule, so the the Bulldogs are the clear favorite. Baylor also was unbeatable until ravaged by the virus, so the Bears should be No. 2 at this point. Have you seen #6 USC or #8 Loyola-Chicago play? These teams are woefully "underseeded," and may make a deep run.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Ha ha, good one immediately above, CFE. You keep missing my point, though. The seeding is less accurate this season than it has been in prior seasons, due to the reduced number of non-conference games caused by the pandemic. In other words, you're comparing apples to oranges, and wrongly extrapolating past results to this tournament. Does this mean that Oral Roberts will advance? Absolutely not. Gonzaga hasn't lost a single game, and played a good non-conference schedule, so the the Bulldogs are the clear favorite. Baylor also was unbeatable until ravaged by the virus, so the Bears should be No. 2 at this point. Have you seen #6 USC or #8 Loyola-Chicago play? These teams are woefully "underseeded," and may make a deep run.

Seeding is, as you say, doesn't take into account all the COVID-missed non-conference games which gave us more head-to-head comparisons. Good point. All I do is point out the history. World War I history DID play a role in causing World War II, but your points are valid. And I don't understand why some people get angry at me for quoting the truth (the numbers). I keep saying: Doesn't mean it CAN'T happen. Just means it DIDN'T happen. Why get angry over that statement? Maybe it's what my grandson once said to a fellow 9th grader: "You mean you're angry at me because I'm smarter than you?" The honest reponse by his friend: "Well, uh, yeah!" It's a puzzlement.

WHAT EXACTLY IS CRAZY OUT RESEARCHING AND POSTING THE NUMBERS? OR IS IT CRAZY TO RESPOND NEGATIVELY TO EVERYTHING I POST. IF I SAID YOUR WIFE WAS BEAUTIFUL YOU WOULD CONTRADICT ME. DETAILS, MAN! WHAT IS "CRAZY" ABOUT MY POST. YOU NEED YOUR MEDS!

Your numbers are irrelevant sir. They don’t add to the conversation. It’d like me posting the daily temperature for the 5 years then have you predict the temperature in a month. If you post like a moron I’m gonna give you my honest assessment. There ya go again trying to frame like an amateur to save your crap posts about WVU and the Big 12. I wouldn’t argue with you about my wife. If your weren’t such an insecure homer you’d be real and say “boys I flopped on that one”. Instead, because you are an insecure homer, you go off on some weird posting rampage. I thought I suggested you get back on your meds. You’re like @WVUFanForever. Plagiarizing my material is no way for a small town so called sportswriter to post. Get your own material.

Seeding is, as you say, doesn't take into account all the COVID-missed non-conference games which gave us more head-to-head comparisons. Good point. All I do is point out the history. World War I history DID play a role in causing World War II, but your points are valid. And I don't understand why some people get angry at me for quoting the truth (the numbers). I keep saying: Doesn't mean it CAN'T happen. Just means it DIDN'T happen. Why get angry over that statement? Maybe it's what my grandson once said to a fellow 9th grader: "You mean you're angry at me because I'm smarter than you?" The honest reponse by his friend: "Well, uh, yeah!" It's a puzzlement.
Because you have a transparent political agenda. You "data mine" and are only into the numbers that support the propaganda that you're trying to push. You continue to ignore the 4-5 record vs. the SEC in the Conference Challenge, and these are real numbers/game results. You also ignored the numbers in the computer models all season when you insisted that the Big 12 was the best conference in America. The computer models ended up being wrong, but not because they didn't support your argument that the Big 12 was best.

Check the politics at the door dumbass

Reactions: KingCoal

Checkmate! Old timer just has no idea so cut him a break and play along haha.

Amazing how cfe's fake personality and writing style keeps getting pushed to the curb by the style used by several of his other fake...personas. Really should be more consistent. then again cfe has obviously never written anything in her life.

NO SCORE OR RIDICULE BY ME. NOT MY STYLE. I JUST PUT UP THE NUMBERS. YOU ACCUSE THE NUMBERS OF SCORN OR RIDICULE, NOT ME. JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE THE NUMBERS DON'T ATTACK ME.

MORE NUMBERS. ATTACK AWAY IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Seed # of Champs % of Champs
1 22 63%
2 5 14%
3 4 11%
4 1 3%
5 0 0%
6 1 3%
7 1 3%
8 1 3%

NO 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 seed has EVER won it in history. That's not scorn or ridicule. That's a fact. IF you can handle the truth.

1 seed wins more often than THE REST OF THE FIELD!

88% percent of the time the champion comes from the top 3 seeds. Cinderella is a heartwarming story. But it rarely happens. Doesn't mean it can't. It means it didn't throughout history.

A fact. Not ridicule. No scorn. Stop making it personal and become more intelligent.

I let the numbers be my guide, not MY opinion or YOUR opinion. And I'll live 7.5 years longer than you because of it. Medically proven.

I think Gonzaga, Bama or Michigan is gonna win the title. So your lovefest with your 7th grade NUMBERS exercise is laughable to me. A complete waste of time.

It’s funny how all of this started because you posted in a HOMER rage about how well WVU and the Big12 were going to do. You made the ROOKIE mistake of counting your chickens before they hatched.

NOW TRY TO KEEP UP

Then you start deflecting and projecting through some self proclaimed NUMBERS SCHEME. If you weren’t so angry we could laugh together at how bad and sloppy your perspective was regarding WVU and the Big 12.

Seriously old timer go to bed. It’s almost 6:30pm. You must be exhausted.

9th grade huh? Obviously in the band. Or you’re leaving out the ice on the black eye thing haha.

I always get a kick out of the smartest guy in the room stick.

Thank you for saving me from betting my entire estate on Oral Roberts to win it all. Shew, that was close. I was about to sign the papers.

This might be popular, but I wish WVU would move to the ACC.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
9th grade huh? Obviously in the band. Or you’re leaving out the ice on the black eye thing haha.

I always get a kick out of the smartest guy in the room stick.
He's such a narcissist that he thinks that he's the most highly educated and intellectual poster on this board, but somehow never rose to a level higher than a two-bit reporter at small-time newspapers in a state that he dislikes.

Because you have a transparent political agenda. You "data mine" and are only into the numbers that support the propaganda that you're trying to push. You continue to ignore the 4-5 record vs. the SEC in the Conference Challenge, and these are real numbers/game results. You also ignored the numbers in the computer models all season when you insisted that the Big 12 was the best conference in America. The computer models ended up being wrong, but not because they didn't support your argument that the Big 12 was best.

WRONG? You "data mine" and are only into the numbers that support the propaganda that you're trying to push.

I DATE MINE AND REPORT THE NUMBERS EVEN IF THEY DO NOT SHOW WHAT I THOUGHT THEY WOULD SHOW.

I SPENT 43 YEARS GETTING PAID FOR DOING MY RESEARCH AND GOING WHERE THE TRUTH TOOK ME. YOU SHOULD TRY IT.

AND THE BIG 12 IS THE BEST CONFERENCE IN AMERICA WHEN IT COMES TO DEPTH. THE NUMBERS SUPPORT IT. MARCH MADNESS DID NOTHING TO DISPROVE THAT.

AM I WRONG? OF COURSE. SO ARE YOU. SO IS EVERYONE EXCEPT THE GUY THEY HUNG ON THE CROSS FOR BEING SO RIGHT THAT IT MADE THEM ANGRY. I KNOW HOW HE FEELS WHEN PEOPLE RESPOND ANGRILY TO ME BECAUSE I'M RIGHT AND THEY'RE WRONG.

WRONG? You "data mine" and are only into the numbers that support the propaganda that you're trying to push.

I DATE MINE AND REPORT THE NUMBERS EVEN IF THEY DO NOT SHOW WHAT I THOUGHT THEY WOULD SHOW.

I SPENT 43 YEARS GETTING PAID FOR DOING MY RESEARCH AND GOING WHERE THE TRUTH TOOK ME. YOU SHOULD TRY IT.

AND THE BIG 12 IS THE BEST CONFERENCE IN AMERICA WHEN IT COMES TO DEPTH. THE NUMBERS SUPPORT IT. MARCH MADNESS DID NOTHING TO DISPROVE THAT.

AM I WRONG? OF COURSE. SO ARE YOU. SO IS EVERYONE EXCEPT THE GUY THEY HUNG ON THE CROSS FOR BEING SO RIGHT THAT IT MADE THEM ANGRY. I KNOW HOW HE FEELS WHEN PEOPLE RESPOND ANGRILY TO ME BECAUSE I'M RIGHT AND THEY'RE WRONG.

Connecting yourself to Jesus. Be careful there.

He's such a narcissist that he thinks that he's the most highly educated and intellectual poster on this board, but somehow never rose to a level higher than a two-bit reporter at small-time newspapers in a state that he dislikes.

He’s gone down a dark path since his EPIC prediction fail. He just can’t let it go and now he’s throwing haymakers in the dark.

If you were ever correct about anything, then you wouldn't have to post that you're right, over and over again. Nobody cares about your menial job as a small town newspaper reporter. If you'd shut up and listen every once in a while--in this case, pay closer attention to the words in others' posts--then you'd realize that many posters on here have educational and vocational credentials that dwarf yours. You state your opinions--and that's all that they are--with incredible conviction, but if you honestly think that the performance of the Big 12 teams in the Tournament doesn't cast doubt as to the validity of your premature proclamation that the Big 12 conference was the deepest in America (my God, you're a broken record), then I can't help you. By the way, is there a trophy or banner that member schools receive for having played in the deepest conference in America, as determined by an incredibly biased former small town newspaper sportswriter?

Connecting yourself to Jesus. Be careful there.

YOU HAVE THE SAME FLAW THAT TOO MANY PEOPLE HAVE. YOU THINK THAT IF YOU WOULD DO THE WRONG THAT EVERYONE ELSE WOULD DO THE WRONG. YOU CAN'T CONCEIVE OF A PERSON WHO PUTS MORALITY ABOUT PROFITS, HONOR ABOVE PUTTING THE SPOTLIGHT ON YOURSELF. SO I GET TO OUT-LIVE BY 7.5 YEARS, TOO.

YOU HAVE THE SAME FLAW THAT TOO MANY PEOPLE HAVE. YOU THINK THAT IF YOU WOULD DO THE WRONG THAT EVERYONE ELSE WOULD DO THE WRONG. YOU CAN'T CONCEIVE OF A PERSON WHO PUTS MORALITY ABOUT PROFITS, HONOR ABOVE PUTTING THE SPOTLIGHT ON YOURSELF. SO I GET TO OUT-LIVE BY 7.5 YEARS, TOO.
Well fake everything dude...maybe its time for you to seek professional help. Really. You've left the ledge in your rearview mirror. Way beyond rational.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL

You are talking with people who don't care about the truth. They just want to troll. Makes them feel better about their worthless lives.
This doesn't make you Jesus.

You are talking with people who don't care about the truth. They just want to troll. Makes them feel better about their worthless lives.
This doesn't make you Jesus.

WHERE DID I SAY I'M JESUS. I SAID THE ONLY PERFECT MAN GOT NAILED TO THE CROSS. WANT TO DISPUTE THAT, TOO? I HAVE POSTED AND I'LL REPEAT IT THAT YOU A PERFECT HANDLE FOR THE WAY YOU RESPOND TO PEOPLE.

Thank you for saving me from betting my entire estate on Oral Roberts to win it all. Shew, that was close. I was about to sign the papers.

This might be popular, but I wish WVU would move to the ACC.

Me too! If I had two sports wishes the first would be for WVU to be admitted into the. ACC tomorrow. The second wish would be for Pitt to never play Penn State in any sport until the earth blows up.

Reactions: deedoubleyou

Obviously you were drunk when you wrote this babbling post. Hopefully you gave your keys to the Elks Club Lodge 001
bartender and got taxi home(assuming you have no idea what the Uber App is).

• Haha
Reactions: KingCoal
If you were ever correct about anything, then you wouldn't have to post that you're right, over and over again. Nobody cares about your menial job as a small town newspaper reporter. If you'd shut up and listen every once in a while--in this case, pay closer attention to the words in others' posts--then you'd realize that many posters on here have educational and vocational credentials that dwarf yours. You state your opinions--and that's all that they are--with incredible conviction, but if you honestly think that the performance of the Big 12 teams in the Tournament doesn't cast doubt as to the validity of your premature proclamation that the Big 12 conference was the deepest in America (my God, you're a broken record), then I can't help you. By the way, is there a trophy or banner that member schools receive for having played in the deepest conference in America, as determined by an incredibly biased former small town newspaper sportswriter?

your menial job as a small town newspaper reporter?

YOU MEAN LIKE THE CHARLESTON DAILY MAIL, LARGEST IN WEST VIRGINIA?
AKRON BEACON JOURNAL, WITH 4 PULITZERS WHERE MY "MENIAL JOB" SAVED COMPANY $300,000 WITH MY ONE IDEA AND BROUGHT A $5 MILLION COMPUTER IMPROVEMENT WITH ANOTHER TACTIC?
ST. PETERSBURG TIMES?

SMALL TIME MIND MUCH?

your menial job as a small town newspaper reporter?

YOU MEAN LIKE THE CHARLESTON DAILY MAIL, LARGEST IN WEST VIRGINIA?
AKRON BEACON JOURNAL, WITH 4 PULITZERS WHERE MY "MENIAL JOB" SAVED COMPANY $300,000 WITH MY ONE IDEA AND BROUGHT A $5 MILLION COMPUTER IMPROVEMENT WITH ANOTHER TACTIC?
ST. PETERSBURG TIMES?

SMALL TIME MIND MUCH?
Wow your number of fictitious pulitzers has incressed since your last lie lol. Actually I heard you won a Bullshitzer though. What a dork. Keep your lies consistent doofus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT