ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA & USC - Welcome to our world.

Soaring Eagle 74

All-Conference
Jan 4, 2008
Their travel will be worse than ours. On the plus side, some of their games will be televised before the majority of the country goes to bed.

They'll have a couple more West coast teams joining the B1G. Look for Oregon and Washington to also make the move at some point in the coming months.

Then the next grab for the Big 10 will be UNC, UVA and possibly Duke as the SEC takes in Clemson, Florida State and possibly Miami.

Then the next grab for the Big 10 will be UNC, UVA and possibly Duke as the SEC takes in Clemson, Florida State and possibly Miami.
No. I've already said watch for Oregon and Washington to be next. I'm in the know. Stop listening to bucky and other trolls.

• Haha
Reactions: KingCoal
This was already known several years ago but the local troll swore up and down it wasn't going to happen.

Separation from NCAA by the SEC and B1G is coming. Might as well prepare yourself now.

I said months ago that the Big 10 was not going to stand by and let the SEC up stage them. I said a few from the PAC 12-check! Then NotreDame which would be the most logical fit for them, then a grab for a couple of ACC schools.
The SEC would strip the ACC of it’s football powerhouses and both conferences would form their own 4 team playoff.
The remaining p5 schools would be merge into more regional conferences with the G4 or 5 and try to survive on Tuesday night TV games on ESPN3 and Facebook Live. That is until it all collapses.

I said months ago that the Big 10 was not going to stand by and let the SEC up stage them. I said a few from the PAC 12-check! Then NotreDame which would be the most logical fit for them, then a grab for a couple of ACC schools.
The SEC would strip the ACC of it’s football powerhouses and both conferences would form their own 4 team playoff.
The remaining p5 schools would be merge into more regional conferences with the G4 or 5 and try to survive on Tuesday night TV games on ESPN3 and Facebook Live. That is until it all collapses.
There's still a slight slimmer of hope that the SEC and/or B1G would invite WVU, but thinking they would be well down the pecking order. We're only at 32 teams currently within the SEC/B1G footprint. I believe in time, that number will balloon to at minimum, 40 teams, and possibly even 48.

Regardless, college sports as we knew it, are headed towards a cliff at a high rate of speed. I'll have to see how it all plays out, but as of today, I'm not sure I'll ultimately go along for the ride.

Reactions: LowellGeorge
SEC and B1G at 20 teams each. The 40 split from NCAA forming their own Division. I fully believe the media mainly ESPN is behind all of this.

Get ready for pods.

There's still a slight slimmer of hope that the SEC and/or B1G would invite WVU
laugh-lol.gif

Neither school had the choice
Kinda sad and it upsets some of their boosters
Like I have said the entire time. The networks run everything now. The Lincoln Riley thing pretty much foreshadowed this move

SEC and B1G at 20 teams each. The 40 split from NCAA forming their own Division. I fully believe the media mainly ESPN is behind all of this.

Get ready for pods.
Wrong
Actually a media war. If it was ESPN alone they would have no reason to spend money.
Actually ESPN vs FOX. FOX is trying to get the balls back. Disney took their studios a couple of years ago. FOX as we knew it doesn't really exist. If it wasnt for rules and regulations ESPN would own everything but Disney cannot have ABC and FOx https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/cu...7/disney-fox-merger-deal-details-marvel-x-men

Last edited:
West Virginia isn't a state according to the diehards therefore WVU doesn't exist in their minds.
SEC vs B1G is a Civil War reenactment
What happened after Texas joined the US... California joined as a free state

The market size and income in the state allow them to have that point of view
Virginia joining the B1G changes things. Give WVU one chance against VA Tech in a football game for a spot

A lot of people want the two Mississippi schools to fight for a spot. Loser walks winner talks

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT