ADVERTISEMENT

Trump to announce

wvu2007

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2013
That Carrier will keep 1000 jobs in the US at Indiana plant.

Yay, it was all Trump. Maybe he can start having his ties and shirts made in the US instead of China and Mexico.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-utc-idUSKBN13P038?il=0

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump will visit Indiana on Thursday to announce a deal with United Technologies Corp (UTX.N) on keeping close to 1,000 factory jobs in its Carrier plant, CNBC reported, citing sources.

The deal, which includes new inducements from the state, will be spearheaded by former Indiana Governor Mike Pence, the vice president-elect, CNBC posted on its Twitter handle. (bit.ly/2gH6PmG)

U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders turned up the pressure on Trump, on Saturday, about his pledge to try to stop an Indiana air conditioner manufacturer from moving 1,400 jobs to Mexico.

Both Sanders, who challenged Hillary Clinton for the Democratic nomination, and Trump seized on an announcement earlier this year by United Technologies's Carrier division that it would shift production to Mexico as an example of how trade deals hurt U.S. workers.

United Technologies was not immediately available for comment.

Yay, it was all Trump. Maybe he can start having his ties and shirts made in the US instead of China and Mexico.

It's good news for 1000 people and you hate it. It pisses you off. How sad and pathetic of a racist you must be.

Reactions: WVU82
It doesn't make me mad, you mental midgets don't realize he's not authorized to make any deals. Pence, as governor can. Trump can't.

When is Trump going to start buying steel and aluminum from the US instead of China?

It doesn't make me mad, you mental midgets don't realize he's not authorized to make any deals. Pence, as governor can. Trump can't.

When is Trump going to start buying steel and aluminum from the US instead of China?

Damn, you really are stupid.

I think you were missing, as usual a rather large point. On January 17 Donald Trump will become our next president. Carrier certainly knows that. Throughout the campaign Trump brought up the issue with Carrier about moving their jobs out of Indiana. I have no doubt Trump is talking with carrier about his tax plan, which will lower corporate taxes from 35% to 15%. I am sure he is also talking to Carrier about his repatriation plan which will allow corporations like carrier to bring trillions back to the United States. I suspect carrier liked what they heard and combined with the inducements from Indiana, made their decision to stay. That is great for the 1000 workers. Yet you seem to be ticked off that those workers kept their jobs. Pathetic.

I think you were missing, as usual a rather large point. On January 17 Donald Trump will become our next president. Carrier certainly knows that. Throughout the campaign Trump brought up the issue with Carrier about moving their jobs out of Indiana. I have no doubt Trump is talking with carrier about his tax plan, which will lower corporate taxes from 35% to 15%. I am sure he is also talking to Carrier about his repatriation plan which will allow corporations like carrier to bring trillions back to the United States. I suspect carrier liked what they heard and combined with the inducements from Indiana, made their decision to stay. That is great for the 1000 workers. Yet you seem to be ticked off that those workers kept their jobs. Pathetic.
He isnt upset that 1k jobs were saved. He is pissed because he was wrong about Trump and he cant stand being wrong.

Reactions: Airport
He isnt upset that 1k jobs were saved. He is pissed because he was wrong about Trump and he cant stand being wrong.

He's not wrong about trump, he was wrong about the American people being fed up with liberal doctrine. He has been shown what a leader can do when he or she is inclined to get involved in something that is good for the US. Unlike giving Iran 1.8 billion dollars.

He's not wrong about trump, he was wrong about the American people being fed up with liberal doctrine. He has been shown what a leader can do when he or she is inclined to get involved in something that is good for the US. Unlike giving Iran 1.8 billion dollars.
I agree. You defined it better than I did.

I agree. You defined it better than I did.

Did you watch the video that I posted earlier of a book from a Canadian interview? he likened Trudeau going up against Trump to Bambi going up against Godzilla. He is sincerely frightened that Canada will be non-competitive with the US due to the lowering of US taxes and the illumination of any carbon tax. And he is right.

This is an example of the power of the presidency.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/2...tml?_r=0&referer=http://www.drudgereport.com/

From the New York Times, a brief article on the carrier situation. In it you can see lots of leverage that Trump had in this situation. My opinion is that large companies the plan to move factories and jobs out of the US, may experience similar meetings with Trump. United technologies that owns carrier, does a lot of business with the federal government.

I have no doubt Trump is talking with carrier about his tax plan, which will lower corporate taxes from 35% to 15%.

If corporate taxes are lowered from 35 to 15 per cent and spending on infrastructure increases, where does the additional revenue come from to make up the difference?

If corporate taxes are lowered from 35 to 15 per cent and spending on infrastructure increases, where does the additional revenue come from to make up the difference?

Very interesting. Obama piles up the largest amount of debt in fact more debt than all prior presidents combined and you are now suddenly concerned about taking on more debt. Lol.

I fully expect that we will have deficits during the trump administration. I also believe that lower tax rates are extraordinarily stimulative. GDP will grow and tax revenues paid to the treasury will actually increase. We saw this under the Reagan administration. Reagan dramatically lowered taxes but taxes actually paid to the treasury nearly tripled during his eight years in office.

Trump will also be able to extract additional revenue when he enables the repatriation of the $3 trillion worth of overseas profits. He will impose a 10% tax bringing in $300 billion. Unleashing the energy industry will also create hundreds of thousands of new jobs and bring in additional revenue. Killing Obamacare will be very stimulative for job creation as well.

More jobs mean more tax revenue even if the rates are lower.

By the way, ridding ourselves of Obamas regulatory abuse will be as stimulative as lowering taxes.

Last edited:
Which number is larger?
35% of 1 million
15% of 3 million

So business revenue is going to TRIPLE?

You are a special kind of stupid. You never disappoint.

I hate to break it to you, but the middle class like you and I are going to pay the price, just like under Reagan.

And WVPATX, you are sorely misinformed about Reagan. Tax revenue went from 618 billion to 991 billion and the debt tripled.

I hate to break it to you, but the middle class like you and I are going to pay the price, just like under Reagan.

And WVPATX, you are sorely misinformed about Reagan. Tax revenue went from 618 billion to 991 billion and the debt tripled.
I see you didnt answer the question. You need to forget the notion that you are smarter than me and pay attention so you can learn something. How much tax revenue is generated from 1000 jobs?

Lol the middle class is in much worse shape now than it was when Reagan was President.

Number one I did not say that GDP was going to triple under Trump. That is just another lie on your part.

I Did overstate the growth under Reagan. He had nearly doubled the tax revenues for the treasury not tripled as I stated. That was my fault.

As you can see in the following article, the middle class did particularly well under Reagan. They paid a lower percentage of their earnings in taxes while the rich paid a higher percentage.

From the lethargy under the hapless Jimmy Carter, Reagan generated dramatic economic growth and in rebuilding our military, destroyed the Soviet Union. And Clinton benefited big time from the peace dividend generated by Reagan.

We tried Obama's method of economic stimulation. Massive regulations. Raising taxes. Gutting our energy industry. Gutting our military. Passing in the dead of night Obama care, a huge job killer. Spending on stimulus that didn't stimulate. Piling up more debt than all prior presidents combined. All for such Meagher GDP growth. This is how you spell failure.

We can now get additional evidence that Reagan's policies are much sounder economic policies resulting in much better economic performance. If trumps policies succeed just as Reagan's did, Keynesian economics is dead.

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2001/03/the-real-reagan-economic-record

Last edited:

Are you seriously trying to say that despite Carrier stating Trump and Pence have been working with them to get this deal done, all of the discussions between them occurring at Trump Tower over the last week or so, that Trump had nothing to do with this? That's your position? This was all Pence, or neither Pence nor Trump had anything to do with saving American jobs?

Personally, I see this as Trump already pulling together and delivering on campaign promises of assisting the middle class keep jobs in the US...you know, those guys you say the GOP doesn't care about and the reason you are so rooted in the DNC. I would think you would be really excited about not only this one but the Ford deal as well. These are American working men and women that are being taken care of and ensuring they keep their jobs. I thought that was your chief concern??

Plain & simple having employment opportunities solves most problems in this country, jobs will fix the insurance problem ,jobs will fix the rate of pay problem,jobs will fix the crime rate

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT