ADVERTISEMENT

Trump thinks he can MAGA his way out of jail

moe

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Fayetteville, WV
Trump trying to rile up the rubes who are more than happy to pay his legal bills. Besides, that's all he has left.

On Tuesday, Donald Trump's legal team sent a letter to the Department of Justice, asking for a meeting with Attorney General Merrick Garland to discuss an investigation being run by special prosecutor Jack Smith. Initially, the widespread assumption was this letter indicated that Trump's lawyers fear indictments are coming soon and are hoping to negotiate a deal. Soon, however, it became clear that this letter was not written in good faith. The intended audience is not Garland at all, but the MAGA base, particularly those with open wallets.

To be clear, it's not a good strategy. Despite Trump's now-regular crowing about how proud he was of January 6, it's worth remembering that throwing a MAGA mob at the Capitol to steal an election didn't work. The MAGA method makes even less sense now. At least on January 6, there was a somewhat tangible goal (stop the electoral vote-counting) and the mob's role in it was well-defined. This is more about vibes, and guessing that Garland will blanch when reminded that Trump is loved by millions of delusional conspiracy theorists. But this tactic is just as likely to backfire, especially as both Garland and Smith are experienced prosecutors who likely have a poor opinion of criminals who resort to threats and intimidation.

Moe likes reading Salon. They do a lot of articles like this.

Trump trying to rile up the rubes who are more than happy to pay his legal bills. Besides, that's all he has left.

On Tuesday, Donald Trump's legal team sent a letter to the Department of Justice, asking for a meeting with Attorney General Merrick Garland to discuss an investigation being run by special prosecutor Jack Smith. Initially, the widespread assumption was this letter indicated that Trump's lawyers fear indictments are coming soon and are hoping to negotiate a deal. Soon, however, it became clear that this letter was not written in good faith. The intended audience is not Garland at all, but the MAGA base, particularly those with open wallets.

To be clear, it's not a good strategy. Despite Trump's now-regular crowing about how proud he was of January 6, it's worth remembering that throwing a MAGA mob at the Capitol to steal an election didn't work. The MAGA method makes even less sense now. At least on January 6, there was a somewhat tangible goal (stop the electoral vote-counting) and the mob's role in it was well-defined. This is more about vibes, and guessing that Garland will blanch when reminded that Trump is loved by millions of delusional conspiracy theorists. But this tactic is just as likely to backfire, especially as both Garland and Smith are experienced prosecutors who likely have a poor opinion of criminals who resort to threats and intimidation.
let it go.....let the legal system work.

He also thought Pence could put him back in the WH. He's severely flawed.

Yes he is......we have had many "flawed" President's......just in different ways.

I don't get why you folks are sooooo obcessed with Donald Trump.....he is not the President.

You should be thinking about the budget,inflation or maybe the border instead of Trump......You act like he will be elected again......trust me..... he won't.

Moe likes reading Salon. They do a lot of articles like this.

Remember all the articles they did on how the "walls were closing in" on his Russian collusion scam. @moe was ready to see him in jail then.

Wonder why he doesn't bring up those stories anymore? 🤔
@moe
230.jpg
It's true Tump's not in jail, but one can still hope huh Trumpers?

Yes he is......we have had many "flawed" President's......just in different ways.

I don't get why you folks are sooooo obcessed with Donald Trump...........You act like he will be elected again......trust me..... he won't.
That thought absolutely terrifies them. They'd all rather die than see Trump back in Office again because they know he'd torment the Hell out of 'em if he ever got back in. It's their singular mission in Life now to make sure that doesn't happen.

I'm not so sure he won't get re-elected, but whoever does will make the Left's life equally as miserable. Trump will just sting a little more since they all honestly thought they'd gotten rid of him once and for all.

YOU thought he "colluded" with Russians to steal the '16 election! You STILL think he did. You're the one who's severely flawed...good Lord really?
giphy.gif

I don't get why you folks are sooooo obcessed with Donald Trump.....he is not the President.

You should be thinking about the budget,inflation or maybe the border instead of Trump......You act like he will be elected again......trust me..... he won't.
The likelihood you are 100% correct should tell us this country is beyond repair. Every American should be protesting every day over how he’s been vilified and wrongfully accused and indicted by a corrupt system. The fact nobody is shows me we are doomed. People just don’t care. Our founders and ancestors sacrificed for soo much to give us our freedoms and we are willfully throwing it away worrying about stupid personalities over policies. And relying on msm to tell us how we feel.

The likelihood you are 100% correct should tell us this country is beyond repair. Every American should be protesting every day over how he’s been vilified and wrongfully accused and indicted by a corrupt system. The fact nobody is shows me we are doomed. People just don’t care. Our founders and ancestors sacrificed for soo much to give us our freedoms and we are willfully throwing it away worrying about stupid personalities over policies. And relying on msm to tell us how we feel.
Very well stated and I'm in 100 agreement. It's literally downright criminal what they've done to him and gotten away with. It's honestly why he gets my vote no matter what. If they were that determined to even break the Law to keep him from holding office, all the more reason I want to stick it to them because no one has been held accountable for their abject disregard of the Law and our Constitution when it comes to him.

Why hasn't anyone been prosecuted or even charged over those forged 302's the FBI presented to the FISA court to justify illegally spying on him? They knew all that crap about that dossier was bogus, yet they claimed to the FISA court the information was legitimate from a legitimate source.

That's perjury and submitting falsified evidence which is a felony in my book! Who's been charged in any of that? It's outrageous, and Trump deserves another chance if for no other reason to fire all the criminals who've so far escaped Justice.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT