ADVERTISEMENT

Trump praised Putin's justification to invade Ukraine as 'genius' and 'savvy'

moe

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Fayetteville, WV
That's coming from the leader of the Repub party. Trump's love for all things Putin/Russia hasn't faded a bit and Trump still wants to help him all he can, especially now. Trump backing Putin's narrative is not helpful.

"I went in yesterday, and there was a television screen, and I said, 'This is genius.' Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine — Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that's wonderful," Trump said when asked about the news. "I said, 'How smart is that?' And he's going to go in and be a peacekeeper."

"I knew Putin very well. I got along with him great. He liked me. I liked him," Trump said. "I mean, you know, he's a tough cookie, got a lot of the great charm and a lot of pride. But the way he — and he loves his country, you know? He loves his country."

"We could use that on our southern border. That's the strongest peace force I've ever seen. There were more army tanks than I've ever seen," Trump said. "They're going to keep peace all right. No, but think of it. Here's a guy who's very savvy. … I know him very well — very, very well."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...-as-genius-and-savvy/ar-AAUaZbL?ocid=msedgntp

That's coming from the leader of the Repub party. Trump's love for all things Putin/Russia hasn't faded a bit and Trump still wants to help him all he can, especially now. Trump backing Putin's narrative is not helpful.

"I went in yesterday, and there was a television screen, and I said, 'This is genius.' Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine — Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that's wonderful," Trump said when asked about the news. "I said, 'How smart is that?' And he's going to go in and be a peacekeeper."

"I knew Putin very well. I got along with him great. He liked me. I liked him," Trump said. "I mean, you know, he's a tough cookie, got a lot of the great charm and a lot of pride. But the way he — and he loves his country, you know? He loves his country."

"We could use that on our southern border. That's the strongest peace force I've ever seen. There were more army tanks than I've ever seen," Trump said. "They're going to keep peace all right. No, but think of it. Here's a guy who's very savvy. … I know him very well — very, very well."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...-as-genius-and-savvy/ar-AAUaZbL?ocid=msedgntp
Trump also said the US had not responded forcefully enough to the Russia-Ukraine conflict.

"It's a joke compared to what the other side does. You know, he sends 3,000 troops. I heard this morning, 3,000 troops. What's that going to do except get in trouble?" Trump said. "No, I would like to see our southern border protected, and they are handling Ukraine so badly."

Additionally, Trump said he used to discuss Ukraine with Putin when he was president, adding that the Russian leader "always wanted" to invade the neighboring country.

"I knew that he always wanted Ukraine. I used to talk to him about it. I said, 'You can't do it. You're not going to do it.' But I could see that he wanted it. I used to ask him. We used to talk about it at length," Trump said.

Trump knows @moe very well, too. So well, in fact, he invaded @moe's mind and took over without even one shot being fired. No tanks, guns, or ammo needed. Now all @moe can do is submit his thought life to Trump.

Reactions: roadtrasheer

Remember when Russia was invading neighbors during Trump's administration. I don't that happened under Obama and Biden.

Trump knows @moe very well, too. So well, in fact, he invaded @moe's mind and took over without even one shot being fired. No tanks, guns, or ammo needed. Now all @moe can do is submit his thought life to Trump.

Moe really does have Trump on his mind way too often. I was curious to see how many times he has mentioned Trump in the past year. I set the search function for one full year and found that Moe has mentioned Trump so many times that the search couldn't even go back a full year because Moe maxxed out the number of times he mentioned Trump.

President Trump hasn't even been in office for over a year now but @moe has still mentioned Trumps name over 200 times.

Trump also said the US had not responded forcefully enough to the Russia-Ukraine conflict.

"It's a joke compared to what the other side does. You know, he sends 3,000 troops. I heard this morning, 3,000 troops. What's that going to do except get in trouble?" Trump said. "No, I would like to see our southern border protected, and they are handling Ukraine so badly."

Additionally, Trump said he used to discuss Ukraine with Putin when he was president, adding that the Russian leader "always wanted" to invade the neighboring country.

"I knew that he always wanted Ukraine. I used to talk to him about it. I said, 'You can't do it. You're not going to do it.' But I could see that he wanted it. I used to ask him. We used to talk about it at length," Trump said.
[/QUOTE]
lol obviously Trump is a self serving idiot. Trump wanted to help Putin then and now. Trump's subservience to Putin helped get us to where we are today. Unamerican POS.

lol obviously Trump is a self serving idiot. Trump wanted to help Putin then and now. Trump's subservience to Putin helped get us to where we are today. Unamerican POS.
[/QUOTE]

I love how Putin took ground under Bush, Obama, and now Biden, but it’s all Trump’s fault. You all are forever and irreparably broken.

Trump is the best President of my lifetime.

[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing acknowledging the intelligence of your enemy is something a Democrat wouldn't do ? I can see why someone like Putin would use your weakness against you.

Reactions: 30CAT

I love how Putin took ground under Bush, Obama, and now Biden, but it’s all Trump’s fault. You all are forever and irreparably broken.

Trump is the best President of my lifetime.
[/QUOTE]
I think, perhaps, the point is that our former president is praising a move as "genius"..........

lol 🤡 He's a fvcking criminal and should going to jail soon (with immediate family members) if there's any justice in this world. I guess you slept through the last admin.
This nicely illustrates how he would have handled the Russian invasion of Ukraine as president. Glad that stupid fvk is gone.

Reactions: moe
Troye, a Homeland Security and counterterrorism adviser to former Vice President Mike Pence, hit out at Trump for calling Putin "very savvy" after the Russian president announced Moscow's recognition of the independence of two self-proclaimed republics in eastern Ukraine.

In a tweet reacting to the comments, Troye said: "Absolutely despicable that Trump, his loyal pundits & many Republicans remain an asset & mouthpiece for Russian propaganda—Even more abhorrent that a fmr U.S. President would praise Putin's tyrannical actions on Ukraine & suggest them as a strategy for use on our Southern Border."

Donald Trump's Praise of Putin 'Despicable,' Says Former Mike Pence Advisor

lol 🤡 He's a fvcking criminal and should going to jail soon (with immediate family members) if there's any justice in this world. I guess you slept through the last admin.
A criminal? When was he charged and convicted? I must’ve missed that

I think, perhaps, the point is that our former president is praising a move as "genius"..........
Is it really that big of a deal? One can’t appreciate an enemy’s tactical decision making? Was Rommel a Nazi but yet respected as a tactician?

Reactions: Airport
This nicely illustrates how he would have handled the Russian invasion of Ukraine as president. Glad that stupid fvk is gone.
Why are you focused on Trump when he is the only President for the last 22 years where Putin didn’t make advances in Europe? Your guy is the one sitting in the oval while Putin is gobbling up Ukraine. Is this bizarro world?

All evidence points to if Trump was in office, this wouldn’t be happening, but yet, in your warped world, this is somehow Trump’s fault. Do you not see how broken you are on this?

The point you miss is he wouldn't have to handle the Russian invasion of Ukraine, because IT WOULDN'T BE HAPPENING.

The dumbass you voted for opened the door the moment he reversed the US on Nord 2.

• Haha
Reactions: TarHeelEer and moe
Why are you focused on Trump when he is the only President for the last 22 years where Putin didn’t make advances in Europe? Your guy is the one sitting in the oval while Putin is gobbling up Ukraine. Is this bizarro world?

All evidence points to if Trump was in office, this wouldn’t be happening, but yet, in your warped world, this is somehow Trump’s fault. Do you not see how broken you are on this?

Remember how they lost their shit when Trump lectured NATO leaders about who is paying the tab while members are making deals with Russia? The meltdown from the left when Trump threatened to cut US funding until other nations stepped up to the plate?

This mess is the left's making. From the left in US to the left in Europe.

Remember how they lost their shit when Trump lectured NATO leaders about who is paying the tab while members are making deals with Russia? The meltdown from the left when Trump threatened to cut US funding until other nations stepped up to the plate?

This mess is the left's making. From the left in US to the left in Europe.
Correct. The left is easily mocked and at fault for anything Putin does. The reality is, Putin’s actions can be traced directly back to an unenforced redline in Syria. He took Crimea shortly after, and now that basically the same administration is in office, he’s planning to take all of Ukraine. Biden is being made into a punk bitch by Putin, same as Obama was.

The point you miss is he wouldn't have to handle the Russian invasion of Ukraine, because IT WOULDN'T BE HAPPENING.

The dumbass you voted for opened the door the moment he reversed the US on Nord 2.
Sheer speculation. And the point you’re missing is Biff is applauding Putin. His adoration of him is freaking creepy AF yet you dumbasses condone it.

Sheer speculation. And the point you’re missing is Biff is applauding Putin. His adoration of him is freaking creepy AF yet you dumbasses condone it.

Not speculation. He certainly didn't do it when Orange Man Bad was in office. Hell, Trump killed 200 Russian mercs within first few months in office. Putin wasn't going to screw around with that.

The American right supports Putin, just watch Fox News (and listen to Trump, Repubs, etc.) Putin has a lot of admirers on this board.

Trump was/is not justifying what Putin is doing....Trump correctly pointed out Putins invasion strategy.

And this from the article is a lie:

"Trump baselessly claimed that the reason the Russian president chose to invade Ukraine now — rather than during his own presidency — is because he had a better relationship with Putin than President Joe Biden does."

Show us the Trump quote that states Trump claimed any such thing.

Trump was/is not justifying what Putin is doing....Trump correctly pointed out Putins invasion strategy.

And this from the article is a lie:

"Trump baselessly claimed that the reason the Russian president chose to invade Ukraine now — rather than during his own presidency — is because he had a better relationship with Putin than President Joe Biden does."

Show us the Trump quote that states Trump claimed any such thing.
Trump on Ukraine: "If properly handled, there was absolutely no reason that the situation currently happening in Ukraine should have happened at all. I know Vladimir Putin very well, and he would have never done during the Trump Administration what he is doing now, no way!"

The American right supports Putin, just watch Fox News (and listen to Trump, Repubs, etc.) Putin has a lot of admirers on this board.
LOL...Really...from what I have seen from the American right talking heads and congressional leaders is that Biden is NOT doing enough against Putin.

Yep, anything they can do to attack America at a critical time.
The left hates America. The right loves America, The left is more like Putin's ideology and the right wants to fight it. The left male lives to suck on dicks. They are weak, they are Putin's bitch. Panty waisted bitches.

There is a difference between Applauding & recognizing your enemies abilities. It is a genius move by Putin, a move Democrats know all to well . Putin is playing the victim to a situation he created. Biden gave Putin the energy dependency of Europe & with that the money & control (power) to take over Ukraine....yep canceling our energy independence was all on Trump..

Reactions: 30CAT
Trump on Ukraine: "If properly handled, there was absolutely no reason that the situation currently happening in Ukraine should have happened at all. I know Vladimir Putin very well, and he would have never done during the Trump Administration what he is doing now, no way!"
Nothing "baseless" about what Trump said and he NEVER said this: "he had a better relationship with Putin than President Joe Biden does."

Here is Trumps full comment:

"In a statement on Tuesday, Trump said, “If properly handled, there was absolutely no reason that the situation currently happening in Ukraine should have happened at all. I know Vladimir Putin very well, and he would have never done during the Trump Administration what he is doing now, no way!”
“The weak sanctions are insignificant relative to taking over a country and a massive piece of strategically located land. Now it has begun, oil prices are going higher and higher, and Putin is not only getting what he always wanted, but getting, because of the oil and gas surge, richer and richer,” he continued.
Finally, he said, “The U.S. was energy independent under the Trump Administration, an independence that we had never obtained before, and oil prices would have remained low. Now, what a mess our Country is in!”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: moe
Is it really that big of a deal? One can’t appreciate an enemy’s tactical decision making? Was Rommel a Nazi but yet respected as a tactician?
General Robert E Lee, Stonewall Jackson and even Napoleon were revered military tacticians of their respected engagements. Even now the woke want their deeds destroyed because feelings are more permeating. At least moe agrees President was so awesome he keeps talking about him.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
Nothing "baseless" about what Trump said and he NEVER said this: "he had a better relationship with Putin than President Joe Biden does."
Of course what Trump said is baseless (just made up) and the writer was paraphrasing Trump not quoting him shew.

Of course what Trump said is baseless (just made up) and the writer was paraphrasing Trump not quoting him shew.
FOX NEWS February 23, 2022 5:15am EST:
It is time for Biden to talk a little less and act a little more. It is time for Biden to surprise Putin, even if that means our allies get a little nervous. Norms are all well and good if your goal is to maintain the status quo, to keep things moving in their present direction.

But the present direction of foreign affairs is trending much better for Russia and China than it is for the West. If it isn’t time to abandon norms, it's certainly time to adjust them. Sadly, neither Biden, nor his top officials, appear to have the courage or foresight to understand this.

Trump did say this. Sounds pretty factually at the moment and when Biden was running point for Obama in Ukraine.

Lol.

Hunter Biden's ex-lovers could come back to haunt him as federal grand jury investigates his tax affairs​

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT