ADVERTISEMENT

Trump named Time Magazine Person of the Year

When was the last time a President-Elect didn't win this?
Guess I should have just looked it up myself. Bubba Clinton did not win in 1996 for his re-election and George H W Bush did not win in 1988 for his first and only election. The Endangered Earth won that year, <laughing so hard I'm crying emoji>

WVU PolSci instructor assigned either Time or Newsweek subscription for outside reading and class discussion.

You mean like Barack Obama or Yasser Arafat receiving the Nobel Peace Prize? I still shake my head over those.
I really would not have had a problem with Obama getting the prize had he done something at that point.

Exactly. But that was one of those WTF? moments.
He got based on his potential. It was total crap. I would have loved for him to have gotten based on merit, but all the committee did was cheapen the value of the prize. No disrespect intended for Obama in saying that. It wasn't his fault they chose him.

Reactions: Boomboom521
He got based on his potential. It was total crap. I would have loved for him to have gotten based on merit, but all the committee did was cheapen the value of the prize. No disrespect intended for Obama in saying that. It wasn't his fault they chose him.
I guess he could have turned it down. Of course, the prize had been cheapened already by some of their previous picks, including giving it to Yasser Arafat in 1994. I remember thinking "Let's see ... prize named for the inventor of dynamite ... given to a notorious terrorist for his promotion of the use of explosives. Yep, makes perfect sense." [thumbsup]

Reactions: CAJUNEER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT