ADVERTISEMENT

Trey Lowe could possibly be the QB we need for 2019.

WVpride304

All-Conference
Dec 27, 2017
It was 2nd and 10 when Lowe comes in. Trey Lowe only had 2 plays at QB where he ran a 9 yard run up middle and made it 3rd and 1. Dumb Dana then throws a hitch pass that went for -2 yards and made it 4th and 3. Dumb Dana then puts terrible stiff Allison back in and we fail to convert on 4th and 3.

Why not let Lowe get first down when it was 3rd and 1? Hand off or let him run it again. Dana called plays worse than Spavital. He completely screwed over Trey Lowe and gave him no chance. Just rediculous. Dana just refuses to develop or give a dual threat a chance. It’s all on him. Lowe is clearly better than Allison and has more upside and talent. Lowe seems to be big, athletic and throws a nice ball. He could end up being the new coaches starting QB and I think he will. There was no evidence that Lowe isn’t good enough. I hear he will beat Allison out anyway after spring.

Reactions: RAK
I never understood why he didn't get more plays. Meanwhile, Clemson beat Cuse because they had a QB to step in when Lawrence went down. The key point is a having a backup developed to go.

Trey Lowe obviously cant drop back throw well. That doesnt bode well for him in Dana's system. Maybe he should transfer to Ole Miss. He'd be a way better fit. Dana is one-dimensional imo. It would take him half a season to learn how to use Lowe effectively.

Trey Lowe obviously cant drop back throw well. That doesnt bode well for him in Dana's system. Maybe he should transfer to Ole Miss. He'd be a way better fit. Dana is one-dimensional imo. It would take him half a season to learn how to use Lowe effectively.

Who's Dana?

Reactions: Euell
Dana Holgorsen current HC of WVU possible HC of Houston. Sarcasm has failed you

If Dana is here its going to be interesting to see who comes out as no.1 QB, or how much of a chance he will give Lowe. He only has himself to blame for never having a backup ready. Just go back to last year after Grier broke his finger.

Why does Dana recruit players that aren't a good fit for his system?

Reactions: deedoubleyou
@WVpride304 -

"I hear he will beat Allison out anyway after spring." : the voice inside your head doesn't count.

"Dana just refuses to develop or give a dual threat a chance"
- Not. He started Skyler for 2 years and ran a lot of zone read.

"Lowe is clearly better than Allison and has more upside and talent. "
Really? Based on what? The 2 plays he was in the game?

"Lowe seems to be big, athletic and throws a nice ball."
How much have you seen Trey throw in a game?

But, actually I do agree with you that Dana didn't give Trey enough reps in the bowl game. If Trey can't be trusted to throw a pass beyond the LOS in the camping world bowl, then that may say more about Dana than about Trey. And if so, why didn't Holgs install a few plays for Trey to run. The BS line him up outside as a decoy while McKoy runs wildcat was from last bowl game, and it didn't work then.
Lowe does seem athletic and at very least, if we can sign a transfer QB, then maybe Lowe should have the opportunity to play a different position.

------

It was 2nd and 10 when Lowe comes in. Trey Lowe only had 2 plays at QB where he ran a 9 yard run up middle and made it 3rd and 1. Dumb Dana then throws a hitch pass that went for -2 yards and made it 4th and 3. Dumb Dana then puts terrible stiff Allison back in and we fail to convert on 4th and 3.

Why not let Lowe get first down when it was 3rd and 1? Hand off or let him run it again. Dana called plays worse than Spavital. He completely screwed over Trey Lowe and gave him no chance. Just rediculous. Dana just refuses to develop or give a dual threat a chance. It’s all on him. Lowe is clearly better than Allison and has more upside and talent. Lowe seems to be big, athletic and throws a nice ball. He could end up being the new coaches starting QB and I think he will. There was no evidence that Lowe isn’t good enough. I hear he will beat Allison out anyway after spring.

Have to admit I was wondering the same thing about the play call.

As this is not overly scientific, Trey Lowe does have a video on YouTube that shows his arm strength, which looks pretty good. He comes from good pedigree and barring getting a stud grad transfer, Lowe should be our best 2019 option IMO.

I won’t say who said this cause it’s a players parents but Trey Lowe will start and be good. They said he is way better than Allison potential wise, talent wise and upside wise. They said he is actually already better. Dana is just a horrible coach and that’s why he is going to West Liberty aka U of Houston. Dana is not power 5 material and was going to be fired at WVU. You have to win 9-10 games consistently at WVU. Dana sucks too bad to do that anywhere. He will get fired at Houston as well. You’ll see. He’s a horrible coach and overhyped offensive coordinator.

Our chances of a big time transfer is nil now and we are going to suck something awful next season. Why not put the Freshman in?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT