ADVERTISEMENT

toronto

COOL MAN

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2001
What was the bigger story locally at it's height.....Rob Ford or Nazem Kadri ?? I ask that jokingly, of course......but the amount of run this Kadri "story" is getting is really pretty silly.

Originally posted by COOL MAN:
What was the bigger story locally at it's height.....Rob Ford or Nazem Kadri ?? I ask that jokingly, of course......but the amount of run this Kadri "story" is getting is really pretty silly.
It is...and the Kadri thing has been ALL MORNING on radio...however the media ( Kypreos, Doug McLean and a few other Rogers folk) are absolutely hammering Shanny on why air it so publicly yet divulge no info on the actual incidents? He has invited a firestorm of speculation , and innuendo....rather than simply stating 'we have an internal issue and it will be handled as such'...also the guy hasn't been heard from for months and this is how he chooses to turn on the spotlight? Frankly for a prez I expect better judgement on his own behalf...inexperience I guess? Brendan....be prepared for ' I want to be traded' next...and the return on an RFA is now less with other GM's having raised eyebrows imo....a train wreck really as usual. Why invite attention you dont want???

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/brendan-shanahan-disciplines-nazem-kadri-with-benching-150733995.html

I'm wondering if Nonis disagreed......perhaps strongly.....as to the need come down on Kadri publicly; therefore forcing Shanahan to deliver the message. However, from a distance, I find myself wondering if Shanny has developed enough juice with the media and fanbase to get away with that speech in so short a time in the job. Regardless, it's hard for me to see how Kadri can come back after being rolled under the bus so publicly by the damned President of the organization.

BTW, if there's any legitimacy to my argument, wouldn't you think Nonis has more or less signed his own death certificate ??.

The excuse they're using is Nonis was away scouting and wouldn't be back inside of the 12 hours that was required to address it???? Really? ...yes we all fell off the turnip truck...media included. I think there is definitely something to your theory, not that he hadn't planned his own funeral already anyway with the results seen from the team he 'built'.....or maybe...just maybe the new prez is just as incompetent as the old one...the saga continues lol!

BTW...I had a hotel booked for tonight's game in the Burgh and had to cancel on Tuesday (work)...
mad.r191677.gif
...the wife would have loved this game, and is now giving me the stink eye (she's a Crosby nut)...figured this one would be a high scoring affair. A win is a win, but DAMN!!!
This post was edited on 3/12 10:11 PM by torontoeers

Originally posted by torontoeers:
The excuse they're using is Nonis was away scouting and wouldn't be back inside of the 12 hours that was required to address it???? Really? ...yes we all fell off the turnip truck...media included. I think there is definitely something to your theory, not that he hadn't planned his own funeral already anyway with the results seen from the team he 'built'.....or maybe...just maybe the new prez is just as incompetent as the old one...the saga continues lol!

BTW...I had a hotel booked for tonight's game in the Burgh and had to cancel on Tuesday (work)...
mad.r191677.gif
...the wife would have loved this game, and is now giving me the stink eye (she's a Crosby nut)...figured this one would be a high scoring affair. A win is a win, but DAMN!!!
Never heard of this 12 hour "requirement"......something pertaining to the Collective Bargaining Agreement ??? Will be interesting to see how long this whole thing ends up sticking to Shanny; with no playoffs, I'd assume for awhile (especially if Kadri ends up demanding a trade, which I assume almost HAS to happen).

One more question about Kadri; exactly what IS his story ?? I've seen him play well on occasion.....once or twice against the Pens.....but have really never considered him any great shake on a game-in game-out basis (though I admit I don't watch the Leafs THAT closely). Will be curious to see what the Leafs will demand for him, which I assume will be borderline a king's ransom. Just not sure who'd be willing to pay it (or, more importantly, why).

As for last night's game, you guys would have been losing your minds after the Oil tied it up.....about the ONLY satisfying thing ended up being Sid's LONG overdue good game. Hope it jump-starts a big home stretch for him.

Originally posted by COOL MAN:

Originally posted by torontoeers:

mad.r191677.gif
Never heard of this 12 hour "requirement"......something pertaining to the Collective Bargaining Agreement ??? Will be interesting to see how long this whole thing ends up sticking to Shanny; with no playoffs, I'd assume for awhile (especially if Kadri ends up demanding a trade, which I assume almost HAS to happen).

One more question about Kadri; exactly what IS his story ?? I've seen him play well on occasion.....once or twice against the Pens.....but have really never considered him any great shake on a game-in game-out basis (though I admit I don't watch the Leafs THAT closely). Will be curious to see what the Leafs will demand for him, which I assume will be borderline a king's ransom. Just not sure who'd be willing to pay it (or, more importantly, why).

As for last night's game, you guys would have been losing your minds after the Oil tied it up.....about the ONLY satisfying thing ended up being Sid's LONG overdue good game. Hope it jump-starts a big home stretch for him.
The deal with Kadri is...whether they like to admit it or not they really didn't want to take him at the draft from what I know...Burke was trying to do a deal with Ottawa (Murray) to drop down in the draft , Murray wasn't biting and they elected to take 'the best available player', I believe at the time the question surrounded his attitude. If you watch him in interviews post game etc he comes across as the snot nosed punk. His act appears to be wearing thin...he has actually improved his play in the second half of this season to the point of actually being a plus player and somewhat D responsible. I think there will be teams that have significant interest this summer, regardless of the latest developments. I think they may need to arrange a sign/trade scenario to make it happen though as he is an RFA...I would NOT want to see him as a Pen...but then again he wouldn't get away with his current act in our locker room imo....there is more than one who would knock him down a peg...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT