ADVERTISEMENT

Today in Western Civilization

59358dfa62182.jpeg

We were first (Black folks) with that racist eugenicist Margaret Sanger and her desires to get rid of us to "purify" the races.

But you do make a good point. I feel sorry for White folks today. You've allowed the Left to essentially make you an endangered species!

Umm, you posted a tweet that said Jihadists were the most violent source of religious war in history. I pointed out our own Christian shame in this country, slave owners, and their deplorable violence against "their property."
Hell, white Christians still lynched blacks in the 1950s and 1960s here in the US.

countryroads89 do you also give the abolitionist movement (also Christian) as much credit for ending slavery in this country as you accuse Christians of conducting slavery?

Just wondering why your historical analysis of Christian influence in this country is limited to them only owning slaves when their greater impact was in them both condemning it and helping to eradicate it?

Those White Christians you say lynched Blacks in the 50's and the 60's were Democrat members of the KKK. Didn't you know that?

countryroads89 do you also give the abolitionist movement (also Christian) as much credit for ending slavery in this country as you accuse Christians of conducting slavery?

Just wondering why your historical analysis of Christian influence in this country is limited to them only owning slaves when their greater impact was in them both condemning it and helping to eradicate it?

Those White Christians you say lynched Blacks in the 50's and the 60's were Democrat members of the KKK. Didn't you know that?

A little history lesson:

1. The abolitionist group that really got things going were Quakers......and they were ridiculed and persecuted by other Christians early on.......

2. Levi Coffin....the "father" of the Underground RR.....was a Quaker. His family were harassed and forced to leave their farm in North Carolina because of their refusal to accept the slave ways in the South and their outspoken beliefs on slavery being wrong.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
A little history lesson:

1. The abolitionist group that really got things going were Quakers......and they were ridiculed and persecuted by other Christians early on.......

2. Levi Coffin....the "father" of the Underground RR.....was a Quaker. His family were harassed and forced to leave their farm in North Carolina because of their refusal to accept the slave ways in the South and their outspoken beliefs on slavery being wrong.

Quakers weren't the only ones in the Abolitionist movement, and they were Christians too. Christians were the primary movers behind the Abolitionist movement and they were riducled for arguing for the dignity of all people by non believers and non Christians.

Quakers weren't the only ones in the Abolitionist movement, and they were Christians too. Christians were the primary movers behind the Abolitionist movement and they were riducled for arguing for the dignity of all people by non believers and non Christians.

You must not have read my post. Quakers were the ones that ORGANIZED something to help slaves. Sure, there were "some" Christians who were against slavery, but it was the Quakers that began to do something about it (Underground Railroad). Most Christians were outspoken about the Quakers attempts and did not agree with helping slaves escape......mainly because they did not want them living in northern cities......and that's why Canada (British owned) became a focal point for runaways.....they weren't accepted in northern cities either, and were often turned in to bounty hunters (sometimes even if they weren't slaves).

You must not have read my post. Quakers were the ones that ORGANIZED something to help slaves. Sure, there were "some" Christians who were against slavery, but it was the Quakers that began to do something about it (Underground Railroad). Most Christians were outspoken about the Quakers attempts and did not agree with helping slaves escape......mainly because they did not want them living in northern cities......and that's why Canada (British owned) became a focal point for runaways.....they weren't accepted in northern cities either, and were often turned in to bounty hunters (sometimes even if they weren't slaves).

Not really disputing your history here (mostly correct) however I think for some unexplained reason you are diminishing the significant role most Christians played in abolishing slavery and calling attention to the immorality of it.

Last edited:
The British Colonies and the US weren't anywhere close to the worst offenders in the slavery of Africans.

• Number of Slaves Delivered to Each Country / Destination (12)

Country / Destination
Slaves Delivered

%
Brazil 4,000,000 35.3
Spanish Empire (including Cuba) 2,500,000 22.1
British West Indies 2,000,000 17.7
French West Indies (including Cayenne) 1,600,000 14.1
British North America & U.S. 500,000 4.4
Dutch West Indies (including Surinam) 500,000 4.4
Danish West Indies 28,000 0.2
Europe (including Portugal, Canary Islands, Madeira, Azores, etc. 200,000 1.8
Total 11,328,000 100.0

To recap, blacks as well as whites were slave owners. The U.S. by shear numbers wasn't nearly the worst offender on the "slavery" issue. And all of this ended in the U.S. 100+ years before any of us were born.

Now let's deal with the current slavery issue and the enslavement of little girls and young women to satisfy the perverted sexual proclivities of the Muslims of the middle east.

I said most of what you posted (re Quakers spearheading abolitionist movement) was correct, but your downplay of other Christian efforts in the movement was off base.

Two good historical perspectives on the historicity of Christian influence in the movement.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/history/issues/issue-33/abolitionists.html

http://www.jubilee-centre.org/the-a...nscience-and-political-action-by-john-coffey/

I really hope this a thread of bad jokes and trolling humor, because if some of this shit is what you guys really believe......there's just no words to describe how foolish you've become

Reactions: countryroads89
I really hope this a thread of bad jokes and trolling humor, because if some of this shit is what you guys really believe......there's just no words to describe how foolish you've become

There are no words to describe how dangerous the left has become.

It boggles the mind that the left has aligned themselves with those that seek to convert or enslave everyone on the planet.

To recap, blacks as well as whites were slave owners. The U.S. by shear numbers wasn't nearly the worst offender on the "slavery" issue. And all of this ended in the U.S. 100+ years before any of us were born.

Now let's deal with the current slavery issue and the enslavement of little girls and young women to satisfy the perverted sexual proclivities of the Muslims of the middle east.

Your claims about how horrible Muslims are with modern-day slavery and such is interesting.......here's what I found:

• Modern-day slavery is estimated up to $35 billion generated annually.
  • The UN estimates 27-30 million individuals are currently caught in the slave trade.
  • India has the most slaves of any country (18.4 million)
  • China is second (3.4 million)
  • Pakistan is third (2.1 million)
  • Bangladesh is fourth (1.5 million)
  • Uzbekistan is fifth (1.2 million)

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Your claims about how horrible Muslims are with modern-day slavery and such is interesting.......here's what I found:

• The UN estimates 27-30 million individuals are currently caught in the slave trade.

3 of the 5 countries you listed are heavily Muslim dominated.

Just the other day you were blaming Christians for essentially looking the other way or opposing efforts to end slavery in this country, yet I don't see your post condemming these Muslim nations for not only allowing it (slavery) but encouraging it.

Why the pass from you for them, and the derision for Christians who primarily fought to end this injustice to God's people?

Just the other day you were blaming Christians for essentially looking the other way or opposing efforts to end slavery in this country, yet I don't see your post condemming these Muslim nations for not only allowing it (slavery) but encouraging it.

Why the pass from you for them, and the derision for Christians who primarily fought to end this injustice to God's people?

Justify? Where the F**K did I do that? Please, either stop responding to me or at least stop insinuating that I say something when I obviously DID NOT! Thank you.

The point of the statistics was to show that people (not just Muslims) are part of this modern-day slave trade. That includes: White Americans, Mexicans, Muslims, Hindu, etc etc etc.

3 of the 5 countries you listed are heavily Muslim dominated.

China: 21.6 million Muslims (1.6% of China's population)
India: 172 million Muslims (14.% of India's population)

The three you spoke of, true.....they are heavily Muslim dominated. But what are the overall numbers of the people that participate in the illegal slave trade practices of today, including North and South America, Europe, etc.? Lumping it as a "Muslim problem" is a little distorted, don't you think?.....(obviously you don't.......)

Reactions: atlkvb
Justify? Where the F**K did I do that? Please, either stop responding to me or at least stop insinuating that I say something when I obviously DID NOT! Thank you.

The point of the statistics was to show that people (not just Muslims) are part of this modern-day slave trade. That includes: White Americans, Mexicans, Muslims, Hindu, etc etc etc.

OK, you didn't make THAT point clear in your post (or explain that's why you posted it)

You did make it clear the other day Christians were responsibile for or didn't have much of a problem with slavery pre-civil war days in this country, and as I said I don't hear you condemming Muslim countries who practice it to this day even though I assume you are just as against their promotion of it as you expressed against Christians?

China: 21.6 million Muslims (1.6% of China's population)
India: 172 million Muslims (14.% of India's population)

The three you spoke of, true.....they are heavily Muslim dominated. But what are the overall numbers of the people that participate in the illegal slave trade practices of today, including North and South America, Europe, etc.? Lumping it as a "Muslim problem" is a little distorted, don't you think?.....(obviously you don't.......)

Yes, I'd agree with this. We need to call it out in all of its ugliness wherever it is whoever is doing it.

OK, you didn't make THAT point clear in your post (or explain that's why you posted it)

You did make it clear the other day Christians were responsibile for or didn't have much of a problem with slavery pre-civil war days in this country, and as I said I don't hear you condemming Muslim countries who practice it to this day even though I assume you are just as against their promotion of it as you expressed against Christians?

Again, you are misinformed or just plain wrong! I never said anything negative about Christians. My response was in the direction and towards those that made the claim "Christians helped slaves". Sure, SOME did.....and SOME owned them.....and SOME supported slavery. But to make the blanket statement of "Christians were against slavery" is not accurate.......

And to clarify another point, I don't care what Muslims do or don't do.......I'm not a Muslim. And, I'm also not an Atheist.......hmmm......what does that make me? Oh, Christian..........but one without blinders and filled with a holy war hatred towards others........

Reactions: Boomboom521
Again, you are misinformed or just plain wrong! I never said anything negative about Christians. My response was in the direction and towards those that made the claim "Christians helped slaves". Sure, SOME did.....and SOME owned them.....and SOME supported slavery. But to make the blanket statement of "Christians were against slavery" is not accurate.......

And to clarify another point, I don't care what Muslims do or don't do.......I'm not a Muslim. And, I'm also not an Atheist.......hmmm......what does that make me? Oh, Christian..........but one without blinders and filled with a holy war hatred towards others........

MountaineerWV who do I hate, and why are you accusing me of saying something about you I didn't say? You suggested in that thread that Christians were as adamant about slavery as those who practiced it, and while it is true some Christians did indeed support it, I pointed out to you that it was Christians who called for it's end on moral grounds.

You responded that it was the Quakers who organized the abolitionist movement, which I never contested although that is not entirely true, but you forgot that they too were indeed Christians. I even linked you to some good history of Christian involvement in the abolitionist movement to counter your suggestions that Christians were more concerned about protecting slavery than fighting against it.

All that other stuff you posted is just your take on something I either never said or what you think I said. The only other thing I asked you which you still have not answered is why you were so quick to call out Christians for their involvement with slavery and you've never voiced similar concern about the Muslim practice of it today?

OK so you say don't care...fine. Why did you single out Christians for it?

Take your blinders off.

Last edited:
1) You suggested in that thread that Christians were as adamant about slavery as those who practiced it, and while it is true some Christians did indeed support it, I pointed out to you that it was Christians who called for it's end on moral grounds.

2) You responded that it was the Quakers who organized the abolitionist movement, which I never contested although that is not entirely true, but you forgot that they too were indeed Christians. I even linked you to some good history of Christian involvement in the abolitionist movement to counter your suggestions that Christians were more concerned about protecting slavery than fighting against it.

3) All that other stuff you posted is just your take on something I either never said or what you think I said. The only other thing I asked you which you still have not answered is why you were so quick to call out Christians for their involvement with slavery and you've never voiced similar concern about the Muslim practice of it today?

1. I suggested nothing like that. I suggested that SOME Christians DID support slavery.....SOME did NOT want to abolish slavery........and so on. You cannot say "Christians wanted to end slavery", because that is insinuating that ALL did......which is false.

2. The Quakers were the first......and you speak of all the links you provide, well here's one.......http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/first-american-abolition-society-founded-in-philadelphia.......you are welcome!

3. Why do I call out Christians? Well, kind of why I call out whites for some of our stupid things. Or why I call out males for their stupid things......because that's what I am. I'm a white, male, Christian-American.......and when Christians do some of the same things that any other religious group does, why should I only be critical of the other group?

Perhaps, just perhaps, if our society would focus on what WE are doing wrong instead of finding blame in everyone else we would solve a lot more problems......

The only other thing I asked you which you still have not answered is why you were so quick to call out Christians for their involvement with slavery and you've never voiced similar concern about the Muslim practice of it today?

OK so you say don't care...fine. Why did you single out Christians for it?

Take your blinders off.

OK, let me turn this around on you. Why are you quick to go after and attack Democrats while your Republican buddies on here post negative, racist pictures and statements about others? And before you ask, just go and look at some of the stuff that's being posted........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT