ADVERTISEMENT

To make non-NY6 Bowls more meaningful, what if....

WVex-pat in GA

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2007
Ellijay, GA - High above the Coosawattee River
….Bowl results were ranked by conference and individual team achievement and used to slot P5 teams in "Kick-off Classics" for future seasons? There are 4-5 of these neutral site games at the start of the season now, and it would be easy for ESPN to add a couple more; most are tied into existing bowl partners.

Maybe the top performing conference in bowl games and the worst performing conference each get a team slotted to one of the kick-off games; let's say the Chick-fil-A Kick-off Classic for example. Top conference worst team against worst conference top team, maybe. Go through the order and slot all the conferences and teams in 5-7 of these kick-off games.

Fans seem to be more interested in these kick-off games so maybe that interest could help support some of the wonky bowl games and give them something to play for. Kind of like home field advantage for the MLB All-Star Game.

You want to make the bowls meaningful. Don't have 40 plus bowls. Don't take 5-7 6-6 or 7-5 even. Cut it back to 32 or 24 or 20. With 32 bowls you have 64 teams. There are 43 teams with 8, 9 and 10 wins. there are 26 teams with 7 wins. So with 32 you get some 7-5 teams. if you want teams to have 8 wins to make a bowl 20 bowls would that. If you want 24 bowls you might have a few 7-5 teams. Having 32 bowls you might get a some 6-6 teams. To many bowls saturate the end season.

You want to make the bowls meaningful. Don't have 40 plus bowls. Don't take 5-7 6-6 or 7-5 even. Cut it back to 32 or 24 or 20. With 32 bowls you have 64 teams. There are 43 teams with 8, 9 and 10 wins. there are 26 teams with 7 wins. So with 32 you get some 7-5 teams. if you want teams to have 8 wins to make a bowl 20 bowls would that. If you want 24 bowls you might have a few 7-5 teams. Having 32 bowls you might get a some 6-6 teams. To many bowls saturate the end season.

Absolutely ...then make the remaining bowls early games in a true DI playoffs.

I think it is anticipation...

I haven't really looked through the bowl games.
I think Oklahoma St vs Mizzou in Memphis is going to get some play.

Mizzou has been mouthy lately.

It is how the fanbases treat the game.

Truthfully because Syracuse took one of your recruits in Lee Kpogba I think y'all should hype the game.

I think it is anticipation...

I haven't really looked through the bowl games.
I think Oklahoma St vs Mizzou in Memphis is going to get some play.

Mizzou has been mouthy lately.

It is how the fanbases treat the game.

Truthfully because Syracuse took one of your recruits in Lee Kpogba I think y'all should hype the game.
Except they didn't take a recruit who still had an offer from us.

Everyone loses recruits that commit...

You won't find a school that doesn't lose a player that wants to go elsewhere

Sometimes it is playing time, other times it position or it is distance from home.

Being wrong is OK. Everyone is wrong every once in awhile. You being wrong about a recruit is expected.

Being wrong is OK. Everyone is wrong every once in awhile. You being wrong about a recruit is expected.

Rivals was big on him so he was on the National Stage.
Since you are a paying member go read the write up on the decommitment by National writer Adam Friedman

Being committed is meaningless.

Washington's Head Coach whined about his commits looking elsewhere.

I don't see why certain programs won't let their commits visit elsewhere if they are upfront about it.

If not you then have recruits sneaking around talking to other schools.

Rivals was big on him so he was on the National Stage.
Since you are a paying member go read the write up on the decommitment by National writer Adam Friedman

It was on the Blue Lot before it happened. I trust our writers when they post stuff not some random Texas guy who doesn't know that he doesn't know.

It was on the Blue Lot before it happened. I trust our writers when they post stuff not some random Texas guy who doesn't know that he doesn't know.

I am not on the BlueLot so I don't know what was said.
But like I said Kpogba became a national prospect after the summer camps so his decommitment was covered elsewhere.

He wanted to take advantage of his rise but WV didn't want him visiting other schools while he was committed.

His offer was not pulled. WV would not pull an offer on a Top 10 LB.
After his decommitment WV was still interested in having him in their class.

So...

The bowl game could be used to shut Syracuse up.
They were recruiting Kpogba before he decommited from WV.

Truthfully it is funny that he ends up there.

I am not on the BlueLot so I don't know what was said.
But like I said Kpogba became a national prospect after the summer camps so his decommitment was covered elsewhere.

He wanted to take advantage of his rise but WV didn't want him visiting other schools while he was committed.

His offer was not pulled. WV would not pull an offer on a Top 10 LB.
After his decommitment WV was still interested in having him in their class.
I am sure you would know more than anyone who contributes to the paid forums. Thanks for gracing us with boundless ignorance.

Reactions: Rootmaster
I am sure you would know more than anyone who contributes to the paid forums. Thanks for gracing us with boundless ignorance.

Like I said Kpogba wasn't just another recruit.
He was a national recruit so he was covered elsewhere.
Especially on Rivals. 247 is not high on him but they covered the decommitment as well.

So like I said the story isn't just confined to behind the paywall on this board.
The national recruiting experts covered it as well.

Like I said Kpogba wasn't just another recruit.
He was a national recruit so he was covered elsewhere.
Especially on Rivals. 247 is not high on him but they covered the decommitment as well.

So like I said the story isn't just confined to behind the paywall on this board.
The national recruiting experts covered it as well.
Like I said ignorance.

Like I said ignorance.

Ignorance would be accepting the story you want to believe.

WV is not going to pull an offer on a recruit trending upward
Especially with a position that they need bodies.
Especially sideline to sideline LB.

Kpogba shot up the recruiting rankings.

What you are claiming does not make sense.

Like I said he ended up decommiting because WV did not want him visiting other schools not because they didn't think he can play.

One of the schools who was on him to visit was Syracuse.

Ignorance would be excepting the story you want to believe.

WV is not going to pull an offer on a recruit trending upward
Especially with a position that they need bodies.
Especially sideline to sideline LB.

Kpogba shot up the recruiting rankings.

What you are claiming does not make sense.

Like I said he ended up decommiting because WV did not want him visiting other schools not because they didn't think he can play.

One of the schools who was on him to visit was Syracuse.
Ignorance is lack of knowing and you are lacking. He went to Syracuse. That says it all.

Ignorance is lack of knowing and you are lacking. He went to Syracuse. That says it all.

He went to Syracuse because they went after your recruit...

Like I said the bowl game can have importance in shutting Syracuse up next time they actively go after one of your commits.

You’re such a dooshbag man you really are. Provide the link please 5-0 because you’re very unreliable as a source.

5-0 is failing to understand that his decommitment had everything to do with other schools trying to get Kpogba to visit.

Miami used to be everyone's fifth visit even when they were committed.

Big time recruits like to visit other schools because of the perks.

Miami knows this and uses this to their advantage

WVU wanted Kpogba for his defense. His offense improved during senior season and he decided that was what he would play in college. This second-hand story may be correct or not. I'm much more interested in the prospects we did sign.

Reactions: still5-0vstarheels
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT