ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release Three game series with Ohio in football

You really have issues....sad you can't carry on a simple covno anymore without going off the deep end.

Who said anything about things can change in 2025? That wasn't even part of the conversation...
Once again get an education. You don't like the schedule don't follow the team. Very few teams play 11 P5 schools. That's a grind and rarely ends well.

Keep your hate in the woodshed bitch.

You really need it explained why WVU shouldn't give MAC teams home games?

They can go to Shepherd next if you like.
PSU, Iowa along with multiple Big 10 teams schedule road games at MAC schools. Just beat the shit out of them and move on.

Reactions: Tylerite
Lighten the schedule in the future, that’s already happening. It happens cause Oklahoma and Texas are leaving the Big XII conference. Do you really think any 2 potential unnamed schools replacing them in the Big XII will be as tough?
Do you think if WVU goes to a watered down and post SEC/B1G raided ACC it will be as tough as what the Big 12 has been (but won’t be after Oklahoma and Texas leave)?
By any logical response the answer will be “HECK No.”. The ironic part is the fcs tomato cans that we will play those seasons will likely have a higher rating in Sagarin and be tougher than THE Ohio University. WVU will definitely have an easier schedule in the future.

As for the travel habits of Sandusky State playing at a MAC school. I assume you mean Temple. Philadelphia is little different than Athens in terms of exposure. Philadelphia has what 1.6 million people and a huge Alumni base for Sandusky and everyone. Athens Ohio has a population of about 25k. There a comma and 3-0s difference there meaning a factor of 64 between the 2 places.

As for Oklahoma at Tulane, about 400,000 live in New Orleans. Tulsa also has a population of 400,000. Those cities are a factor of 16 larger. Charleston WV has about 2x as many as Athens 25000.

According to google, Peden Stadium which is the home venue for THE Ohio University seats 24000 people. And again Athens is in the middle of no where.

My question would be when was the last time WVU traveled to an opponent and played in a stadium that small, much less a non-conference and a non-P-5 school? My guess is @Richmond in 1979. There may have been a temple game not at the Vet in the 80s but I don’t remember that. When was the last time WVU played in a MAC Stadium? Early 70s or maybe 60s

this is a bad move. It will be real bad if THE Ohio University buys out the last game and turns a 2 for 1 into a 1&1 with some change. They could easily do that if the B1G offers a million dollar payday for them to come & get their tail handed to them. UCF did that and may have paid $50k cause they did the same thing to Pitt which turned 2-1 series into 1-1 & $50k like 3-4 years later. Not a good scheduling moves unless you are talking from an Athens OH Perspective. Even Ed Pastilong has to be shaking his head cause even he didn’t schedule away games at MAC schools where the signs say BFE 10 miles back.

I’m done on this.

Lighten the schedule in the future, that’s already happening. It happens cause Oklahoma and Texas are leaving the Big XII conference. Do you really think any 2 potential unnamed schools replacing them in the Big XII will be as tough?
Do you think if WVU goes to a watered down and post SEC/B1G raided ACC it will be as tough as what the Big 12 has been (but won’t be after Oklahoma and Texas leave)?
By any logical response the answer will be “HECK No.”. The ironic part is the fcs tomato cans that we will play those seasons will likely have a higher rating in Sagarin and be tougher than THE Ohio University. WVU will definitely have an easier schedule in the future.

As for the travel habits of Sandusky State playing at a MAC school. I assume you mean Temple. Philadelphia is little different than Athens in terms of exposure. Philadelphia has what 1.6 million people and a huge Alumni base for Sandusky and everyone. Athens Ohio has a population of about 25k. There a comma and 3-0s difference there meaning a factor of 64 between the 2 places.

As for Oklahoma at Tulane, about 400,000 live in New Orleans. Tulsa also has a population of 400,000. Those cities are a factor of 16 larger. Charleston WV has about 2x as many as Athens 25000.

According to google, Peden Stadium which is the home venue for THE Ohio University seats 24000 people. And again Athens is in the middle of no where.

My question would be when was the last time WVU traveled to an opponent and played in a stadium that small, much less a non-conference and a non-P-5 school? My guess is @Richmond in 1979. There may have been a temple game not at the Vet in the 80s but I don’t remember that. When was the last time WVU played in a MAC Stadium? Early 70s or maybe 60s

this is a bad move. It will be real bad if THE Ohio University buys out the last game and turns a 2 for 1 into a 1&1 with some change. They could easily do that if the B1G offers a million dollar payday for them to come & get their tail handed to them. UCF did that and may have paid $50k cause they did the same thing to Pitt which turned 2-1 series into 1-1 & $50k like 3-4 years later. Not a good scheduling moves unless you are talking from an Athens OH Perspective. Even Ed Pastilong has to be shaking his head cause even he didn’t schedule away games at MAC schools where the signs say BFE 10 miles back.

I’m done on this.
Thank God you're done. Because your argument is lame.

So #2 should play on the road to open the season against the weak AAC. You people are blind.
I think it's a smart play on Oklahoma's part, especially if the game is played in the Superdome. Think Tulane built a new stadium but not sure of size. Good publicity to recruit that area, since they probably already knew they were sec bound when game was scheduled a year or two back, maybe longer. Two headed snake was working on that deal for a long time.

Reactions: Rootmaster
I think it's a smart play on Oklahoma's part, especially if the game is played in the Superdome. Think Tulane built a new stadium but not sure of size. Good publicity to recruit that area, since they probably already knew they were sec bound when game was scheduled a year or two back, maybe longer. Two headed snake was working on that deal for a long time.
It's played at Tulane home field. Yulman Stadium is the on-campus venue for football at Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana. It currently has a capacity of 30,000 spectators, with 4,500 premium seats in two fan clubs - the Westfeldt Terrace and the Jill H. and Avram A. Glazer Family Club. WVU recruits the Ohio area.

Case closed.

It's played at Tulane home field. Yulman Stadium is the on-campus venue for football at Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana. It currently has a capacity of 30,000 spectators, with 4,500 premium seats in two fan clubs - the Westfeldt Terrace and the Jill H. and Avram A. Glazer Family Club. WVU recruits the Ohio area.

Case closed.
Lmao...so your slagheap hollow logic says wvu playing MAC lightweight Ohio in Athens will help recruiting in the state of Ohio? Really? Might want to rethink that opinion.

Reactions: KingCoal
Lmao...so your slagheap hollow logic says wvu playing MAC lightweight Ohio in Athens will help recruiting in the state of Ohio? Really? Might want to rethink that opinion.
No different than your lame ass replies that it's Ok for #2 to play at a smaller school. Might want to rethink your entire life decisions. You're a failure.

There has got to be a better opponent for WVU to play and not give an away game to. Where are all the people that railed on Marshall games because they can only seat 40,000? Ohio can fit around 20,000 on a good day.

Is this the future beyond 2025?
Marshall wanted a 1 for 1, this is a 2 for 1.

Big difference between Ohio and Tulane.
Tulane from 2008 to 2020 is W 55 L 105 Real Power House!
Ohio From 2008 to 2020 is W 96 L 64 - yeah boy way worse than Tulane.

Seating Yulman Stadium 30,000
Seating Paden Stadium 27,000

Where is this so called big difference?

Tulane from 2008 to 2020 is W 55 L 105 Real Power House!
Ohio From 2008 to 2020 is W 96 L 64 - yeah boy way worse than Tulane.

Seating Yulman Stadium 30,000
Seating Paden Stadium 27,000

Where is this so called big difference?
Apparently if you see an apple and an orange together you immediately say they're both apples.

Hey Allen...watching donald j at a rally in Alabama. Must be 100,000 there to hear our real president.
I heard he asked Biden to join him but Biden couldn't find Alabama.

22TRUMPsub2-master1050.jpg

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – West Virginia University Director of Athletics Shane Lyons has announced that the Mountaineers have inked a three-game football series with Ohio University.

The first game will be played in Athens, Ohio, on Saturday, Sept. 6, 2025. The second and third games will be played in Morgantown, on Saturday, Sept. 18, 2027 and Saturday, Sept. 1, 2029.

West Virginia and Ohio have met 17 prior times on the gridiron with the Mountaineers holding a 13-4 series advantage over the Bobcats. The two teams last played in 2001 with WVU coming away with a 20-3 victory in Morgantown.

West Virginia opens its 2021 season at Maryland, on Sat., Sept. 4, at 3:30 p.m. The game will be televised on ESPN.
WVU needs to get one or two of these teams on its schedule: Ohio State, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Nebraska, or Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT