ADVERTISEMENT

This Whole National Anthem Hullabaloo

Anyone else sick and tired of this issue? Pro players are primadonnas who will whore out their principles for ten seconds of publicity. I realize there are race issues, isolated police brutality issues, and social issues that need addressed. I do not think the true underlying motive has anything to do with this. It is more of a political whim designed to inflame an already delicate situation. Taking the flag and national anthem hostage in order to hijack a political viewpoint that is antithetical to one's view is myopic and childish. As a believer of Christ, I am part of a group of people regularly ostracized and ridiculed for beliefs diametrically opposed to mainstream political correctness. At times I do not believe popular opinion today reflects the moral traditions our flag once stood for, but neither the flag, nor the national anthem perpetrated those actions. I'll continue to stand for Old Glory and proudly sing her anthem, not just for the flag but the countless patriots who bled for her.

They are actually standing up for their beliefs; like African Americans shouldn't be choked to death on a sidewalk in NYC and the cop gets away with murder. Or shot while sitting in a car seat with his girlfriend filming the whole thing and a two year old child in the back seat and the cop gets away with murder.

Oh God damn, another Christian enduring persecution in this country. I feel so sorry for you. Those lashings must be tough.

snowflake.jpg

I think the point being made is that MANY of these people that are angry at the anthem protests completely support the following:

1. Rebel flag
2. Confederate monuments
3. Nazi protests

Ironic?
Why do you think that? Unlike you, many of the people who are upset at the antics can afford to attend an NFL game.

Why? Because they did something that goes against your beliefs? You do realize that just because players are kneeling doesn't mean they hate the USA. Right? And you do realize that 90% of those kneeling today weren't doing it until our fearless leader decided to call them "SOB's". Right? You still have respect for him?
When sports uses their platform for political statements, they open themselves up to be criticized over it. No?
I'm fmexing my right, as a military war vet to think it's a disgusting display to carry their message. Fair?

Reactions: MOUNTIE IN MD
They are actually standing up for their beliefs; like African Americans shouldn't be choked to death on a sidewalk in NYC and the cop gets away with murder. Or shot while sitting in a car seat with his girlfriend filming the whole thing and a two year old child in the back seat and the cop gets away with murder.

Oh God damn, another Christian enduring persecution in this country. I feel so sorry for you. Those lashings must be tough.

snowflake.jpg
Countryroads hates the police and calls other snowflake. Irony.

Reactions: Tin10Ten
I think the point being made is that MANY of these people that are angry at the anthem protests completely support the following:

1. Rebel flag
2. Confederate monuments
3. Nazi protests

Ironic?
Not at all. If any of those were somehow demonstrated during our national anthem of an NFL game, I would disapprove even more. Time, place, and manner are all relevant.

Apple meet Orange.

Damn them for using their rights as americans..... damn them... we should be able to tell them what to do....
Serious queston. What would happen to you if you decided to protest something at your job while on company hours ? Would you get away with it ? I'm just asking maybe you would. But I think that if 99% of us did that,we'd be fired in a NY second. My issue isn't with the protesting ( even though half the ones kneeling have know idea why they are doing it other than LOOK AT ME ) it's with the NFL. the NFL will fine the shit out of a guy for celebrating to much after a TD. He's just EXPRESSING HIMSELF . Doesn't that player have that right ? Why don't they fine the players for kneeling for our Anthem ? After all it is a by law in the NFL rule book that ALL players and coaches stand at attention with helmets in left hand. These players are employed by the NFL. The NFL has the right to fire anyone that doesn't stand for the Anthem in protest while in a NFL uniform and on company time.

Anyway, I like our chances with TCU. I think with a healthy D we can slow TCU down enough . As in all games, the turnover battle will be a major factor.

What are your keys to a W ?

I always look forward to your post and appreciate all that ou bring to the board.

Says the out of touch white guy who lives every day ensconced in privilidge and has long since forgotten what life is like for real people.

Newt goes nuclear on the NFL: "If you're a multi-millionaire who feels oppressed, you need a therapist."

...so you don't agree with Newt ?

82, You bring a lot of good stuff to this site. But you seemingly have never met a right wing thought or site or picture that you don't embrace. Try thinking before you post in the future. A smart conservative argument wins the day frequently. Right wing blather does not!

all I see is blah,blah,blah...

thnaks...

is this fact good enough for 'ya...

I wonder if you guys were outraged when, in 2009, the Tea Party used the Fourth of July as their day of protest against Obama's fiscal policies?

I wonder if you guys were outraged when, in 2009, the Tea Party used the Fourth of July as their day of protest against Obama's fiscal policies?

You're quite missing the point, aren't ya?

The Bill of Rights limits government. We, as individuals, and businesses, are free to do as we please. If you want to come in my house, I can make you take your shoes off, no scratch that. I can make you strip down to your skivvies if you want to enter. That's my choice. Your choice is, you don't have to come in. I would probably never have another visitor if I did such a thing (I might be onto something here).

Beckham has the right to protest against the government, or whatnot. He also has the right to crawl around on all 4 and act like he's peeing on a ghost fire hydrant. I would never take any political advice from someone who does, though. (Did that really happen, heard it on the radio this morning?)

His employer has the right to fine him for one or both behaviors, if they are so inclined. They won't be, though. And I have the right to turn the whole mess off and never listen/watch again. Everyone has choices, and rights. But there are consequences to those choices.

Says the out of touch white guy who lives every day ensconced in privilidge and has long since forgotten what life is like for real people.

When you use the word "ensconced" in a sentence, you should try to spell "privilege" correctly. Just sayin' in my white privilege world. My first memories were from a trailer park, how about you?

White privilege is a farce and an excuse. I don't do excuses.

Another irrelevant comparison.

Irrelevant to you. Not to me. And what about these rock groups that make political songs, or stand on stage and make anti-Trump statements? Are they not also "entertainment"? Do they not also have a marketing firm, or entertainment group, or record company, that are basically their "owners"? Nobody is complaining on here about those bands. Why is that? Because it doesn't matter....just like this football kneeling situation. Folks, it's not a big deal! Now, get your panties out of your cracks, and GROW UP!

Reactions: POWVA
Irrelevant to you. Not to me. And what about these rock groups that make political songs, or stand on stage and make anti-Trump statements? Are they not also "entertainment"? Do they not also have a marketing firm, or entertainment group, or record company, that are basically their "owners"? Nobody is complaining on here about those bands. Why is that? Because it doesn't matter....just like this football kneeling situation. Folks, it's not a big deal! Now, get your panties out of your cracks, and GROW UP!
The fact alone that it is a RULE in the NFL rule book that "all players and coaches are to stand at attention with helmets in left hand during the national anthem " is really reason enough that Those Who Kneel SHOULD Be fined. Just like the players get fined for show boating . None of the group's you mention above have that type of language in the contracts they sign.

Do you actually believe that the bands are employed in the same sense that NFL players are? You do have one thing correct. It doesn't matter, at all. I don't see those bands and I'll now not support the NFL in any capacity.

The fact alone that it is a RULE in the NFL rule book that "all players and coaches are to stand at attention with helmets in left hand during the national anthem " is really reason enough that Those Who Kneel SHOULD Be fined. Just like the players get fined for show boating . None of the group's you mention above have that type of language in the contracts they sign.

But you guys are upset that they are kneeling, not that there isn't a "fine". Come on.

Reactions: stevek01
all I see is blah,blah,blah...

thnaks...

is this fact good enough for 'ya...

Is thnaks another word for dotard. Just kidding. Exactly what point are you trying to make here? That there is a crime problem in our cities? We all know that. There is also a drug problem in Appalachia. We know that as well. You are using random facts to make what point? Do you know what changes in this country if everyone stands for the national anthem? Or if nobody stands. Or if the anthem is even played before a game. Nothing. Nothing changes at all. All of the problems that this country has remain the same. The Divider and Chief again creates a wedge to inflame his base. And so here we are. What has been accomplished? We try to ignore trolls on this site. Maybe we should do that with twitter as well.

Reactions: slumpy
But you guys are upset that they are kneeling, not that there isn't a "fine". Come on.
Don't you think if the NFL imposed a stiff fine the kneeling would end ?

IMO.... the fact the players are being so disrespectful by kneeling AND the fact the NFL is to afraid to enforce their own rules is what gets my panties all twisted.

I don't have a problem at all with people protesting for whatever reason but the fact that anyone else that protested on company time or while in uniform of any kind would be fired.

That bothers the living shit out of me. That's just my opinion . I think 90% of the ones kneeling don't have a fvcken clue as to why they are kneeling other than LOOK AT ME !!!

Newt goes nuclear on the NFL: "If you're a multi-millionaire who feels oppressed, you need a therapist."

...so you don't agree with Newt ?
Do you think oppression of a race can be sliced up by money? I think
When you use the word "ensconced" in a sentence, you should try to spell "privilege" correctly. Just sayin' in my white privilege world. My first memories were from a trailer park, how about you?

White privilege is a farce and an excuse. I don't do excuses.
Tar, I apologize. I was referring to Newt. I was actually homeless in your great state, but I fought to put my life together and teach my two young boys to respect everyone, maybe not politicians. I own two bars and live a good life. Self made. My spelling hasn't tripped me up along the way, but I'll work on it. I don't know you so I won't take shots. Again, I apologize if you felt that comment was made of you.

Special kind of stupid.

Do you think oppression of a race can be sliced up by money? I think

Tar, I apologize. I was referring to Newt. I was actually homeless in your great state, but I fought to put my life together and teach my two young boys to respect everyone, maybe not politicians. I own two bars and live a good life. Self made. My spelling hasn't tripped me up along the way, but I'll work on it. I don't know you so I won't take shots. Again, I apologize if you felt that comment was made of you.
I appreciate your story slumpy. Was what Newt said wrong though?

I appreciate your story slumpy. Was what Newt said wrong though?
Every man has a right to pick his fight. I stand for the anthem and I think serving your country is the greatest thing you can do, but I completely understand the frustrations of black America. And I respect it. Racism is alive and well and any form of discussion to stop it is fine with me.

Every man has a right to pick his fight. I stand for the anthem and I think serving your country is the greatest thing you can do, but I completely understand the frustrations of black America. And I respect it. Racism is alive and well and any form of discussion to stop it is fine with me.
I agree with everything you said and feel very much the same. At the same time I think protesting during the anthem is a bad idea and I understand why people are responding to it the way they are. This cause could be framed so much better if a less offensive method were utilized.

Reactions: slumpy

Some of the most vile racists in this country are African Americans.

Have you seen wall-to-wall coverage of the Tennessee church shooting like we did when that bigot, Dylan Roof, shot up that African American church?

Of course not ... and you won't ... and there's a reason why you won't.

Where's the outrage?

The racism goes both ways ... but only ONE WAY is ever covered.

There's as many injustices towards Caucasians these days as African Americans.

Sadly, people like yourself can't even see it.

Some of the most vile racists in this country are African Americans.

Have you seen wall-to-wall coverage of the Tennessee church shooting like we did when that bigot, Dylan Roof, shot up that African American church?

Of course not ... and you won't ... and there's a reason why you won't.

Where's the outrage?

The racism goes both ways ... but only ONE WAY is ever covered.

There's as many injustices towards Caucasians these days as African Americans.

Sadly, people like yourself can't even see it.

Oh you poor oppressed whitey.

What a pussy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT