ADVERTISEMENT

This Whole National Anthem Hullabaloo

Andhelfer

All-Conference
May 12, 2016
Wheeling
can't seem to stop the run either!!!! GEEZ both of the teams I root for used to be able to stop the run not the pass now the role has reversed????? I think I dealt with not stopping the pass better!!!!!

Steelers deserved to lose this game. Their heads were clearly not focused on playing the game. There was more energy focused on coordinating not coming out to pay honor to the great nation that gives them the freedom and opportunity to play a game to make millions. If I was their starting left tackle, I would demand a trade request.

Reactions: pburg01
I am with you....for a Rooney organization to allow the team to disrespect our nation, I am done with all of em.

I'm pretty sure they kept them in the locker room because they didnt want guys kneeling or ignoring the flag. They'd rather avoid the situation completely than let guys go out there and draw attention to themselves. You see they let Villanueva go out.

I'm pretty sure they kept them in the locker room because they didnt want guys kneeling or ignoring the flag. They'd rather avoid the situation completely than let guys go out there and draw attention to themselves. You see they let Villanueva go out.
No way they would stop him. That would have brought serious heat.

Steelers deserved to lose this game. Their heads were clearly not focused on playing the game. There was more energy focused on coordinating not coming out to pay honor to the great nation that gives them the freedom and opportunity to play a game to make millions. If I was their starting left tackle, I would demand a trade request.
They lost becaused they played poorly. Nothing more, nothing less. C'mon Doc. Stay out of these murky waters. I have always appreciated your thoughtful comments.

Reactions: OregonMountie
They lost becaused they played poorly. Nothing more, nothing less. C'mon Doc. Stay out of these murky waters. I have always appreciated your thoughtful comments.
I wish I could on this one. Why did they play poorly? They had other agendas on their mind. It's how I feel and I can't help it. No offense to Bears fans here, but it was the Bears. This loss did not upset me.

Reactions: POWVA
Anyone else sick and tired of this issue? Pro players are primadonnas who will whore out their principles for ten seconds of publicity. I realize there are race issues, isolated police brutality issues, and social issues that need addressed. I do not think the true underlying motive has anything to do with this. It is more of a political whim designed to inflame an already delicate situation. Taking the flag and national anthem hostage in order to hijack a political viewpoint that is antithetical to one's view is myopic and childish. As a believer of Christ, I am part of a group of people regularly ostracized and ridiculed for beliefs diametrically opposed to mainstream political correctness. At times I do not believe popular opinion today reflects the moral traditions our flag once stood for, but neither the flag, nor the national anthem perpetrated those actions. I'll continue to stand for Old Glory and proudly sing her anthem, not just for the flag but the countless patriots who bled for her.

Anyone else sick and tired of this issue? Pro players are primadonnas who will whore out their principles for ten seconds of publicity. I realize there are race issues, isolated police brutality issues, and social issues that need addressed. I do not think the true underlying motive has anything to do with this. It is more of a political whim designed to inflame an already delicate situation. Taking the flag and national anthem hostage in order to hijack a political viewpoint that is antithetical to one's view is myopic and childish. As a believer of Christ, I am part of a group of people regularly ostracized and ridiculed for beliefs diametrically opposed to mainstream political correctness. At times I do not believe popular opinion today reflects the moral traditions our flag once stood for, but neither the flag, nor the national anthem perpetrated those actions. I'll continue to stand for Old Glory and proudly sing her anthem, not just for the flag but the countless patriots who bled for her.
Agree with you 100%. The silent majority in this country agree.

I stopped watching the NFL when this all started. And as much as I love my Mountaineers, if it happens here, I will find something else to spend my disposable income on.

I find it all nauseating! These professionals should get there ass out there and stand and say thank goodness that we live in a country where we can be millionaires playing a sport!

The national anthem stands for the ideals of America and the American Dream! It's not a perfect country but damn it it's our country! Make a real difference by being the best human you can be and help those that are less fortunate than you! Damn it I'm so sick of this silliness!!!

The self entitled punks are really showing Trump..... Where was the protesting when NFL salaries forced concessions, and ticket prices out of reach of the common man who didn't get full ride scholarships, or multi million dollar contracts? I'm over the NFL, collectively, the fans can make it hurt.... I hope they hurt.
And I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died
Who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up
Next to you and defend her still today...
Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
God bless the USA!

ITT: a bunch of likely confederate flag wavers oppose people protesting the national anthem
C'mon man! Not even close.
The rebel flag has no place in my life.
I just don't think the kneeling accomplishes anything but more division! Stand together and use your platform to be united to make the changes you want to see in our country and your own communities! I find the kneeling in poor taste so much more could be accomplished with actual actions!

21768080_1463325667088027_815024040539914829_n.jpg

21687905_10156033179251336_4482221680523432515_n.jpg

The scenario seems silly to me...however...primadonas? Maybe, but isn't this what America is about? I thought it was...perhaps my perspective from up here is wrong in your eyes, fair enough... Did they work hard to make this money in a sport which is inherently dangerous to their health long term? Go ahead...fire away....

The scenario seems silly to me...however...primadonas? Maybe, but isn't this what America is about? I thought it was...perhaps my perspective from up here is wrong in your eyes, fair enough... Did they work hard to make this money in a sport which is inherently dangerous to their health long term? Go ahead...fire away....
There are other ways to express yourself without disrespecting the symbol of your nation. I am sure our enemies are loving it.

Amen...

Thankfully college fb has steered clear

Reactions: BigC
Make all the excuses you want but if it were the panthers and not the Steelers the vitriol on this board would be unfathomable. Screw the Steelers and screw anyone else that can't stand for those that fought and gave all for the freedoms they express. The political bullshit we're now subjected to because pro sports is ridiculous. I'm done with it, I hope it all falls and in two years they're kneeling at the fry counter at McDonalds.

For me, when they took a knee in London that was the last straw. They were representing the USA in a foreign country and took a knee, time to stop watching.
Damn them for using their rights as americans..... damn them... we should be able to tell them what to do....

Reactions: popmurtha and POWVA
Is this the America our brothers and fathers fought to protect? To watch a man like this run the country into the ground, to become a laughing stock to the rest of the world? Run me down all you want, but I completely understand the frustration on both sides of this thing. No agenda, no partissnship, but **** be decent to each other. How race is even an issue in this day is mind boggling. But here we are. That, to me, is the disgrace.

F them... Damn us for using our rights to shame them. Praise this man for standing up when it wasn't fashionable for self entitled pricks to act a fool..... My fellow vet STANDING tall!
21950926_1693388644047421_455605391874732605_o.jpg
Smh

Is this the America our brothers and fathers fought to protect? To watch a man like this run the country into the ground, to become a laughing stock to the rest of the world? Run me down all you want, but I completely understand the frustration on both sides of this thing. No agenda, no partissnship, but **** be decent to each other. How race is even an issue in this day is mind boggling. But here we are. That, to me, is the disgrace.
Sad part, neither side can come to the middle and have reasonable negotiations in trying to improve our country. We are watching the worlds greatest hissy fit in modern times.

Well said Slumpy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT