ADVERTISEMENT

This basketball team

aTm is really good I think. Bad matchup for us early with their size against our front court right now. They were very well prepared for that game.

We need Carter & Miles to carry us now & find our offensive identity. Just going to take some time.

A&M looked really good against a 5-0 penn State team. Going to be in the hunt for the SEC championship.

Still no noticeable improvement from Bender

Huggins is smart to give him minutes v Marist. Just hope it doesn’t keep this game tight

Routt’s balance is so much better than the Bender. Little more strength and he’s going to be alright. Dax not playing much tonight, don’t know what the deal is there

1. We can't shoot consistently.

2. When Konate goes out of the game, we are better off playing only four guys than putting our two other post players in. They are that bad early in this season......

3. Dax is in another one of his dazes.........got to snap out of this and be a senior leader.

4. Harler's last game appears to be a fluke.......missed 3 wide open shots.

5. Lamont West's shot has always looked bad, but he made them.........not any more........

6. Marist sucks......and we are up 13 points in a game that we should be up 25 right now.

1. We can't shoot consistently.

2. When Konate goes out of the game, we are better off playing only four guys than putting our two other post players in. They are that bad early in this season......

3. Dax is in another one of his dazes.........got to snap out of this and be a senior leader.

4. Harler's last game appears to be a fluke.......missed 3 wide open shots.

5. Lamont West's shot has always looked bad, but he made them.........not any more........

6. Marist sucks......and we are up 13 points in a game that we should be up 25 right now.

Lot of missed easy shots and some poor officiating had something to do with it.

But 1 3 1 has hurt us when we have three guards in

Backdoor cuts have a lot to do with it.......that's on the players and coaches for not adjusting and making changes. If it happens once or twice, then so be it. But it's happening 3 out of every 5 trips down the court on the defensive end.

Reactions: wvpaper
Problem is we have to play small ball when Sags is out. Bender can’t do it yet. By it, I mean play in a way that we wouldn’t be better off with 4 on 5

Transition defense is still pretty bad. Team looks like they ate thanksgiving dinner before the game

Bad performance. Belien Ball is tough to beat sometimes. Means nothing in the long run

We have one post player......Konate. When he has to sit down, we are better off playing a small lineup.

Our press isn't what it was last year......hope we have a secondary defense better than when we switched to that zone tonight and gave up 4 straight 3's......

Huggins just said what we already knew, we’re not a pressing team this year. No team foot speed. Token pressure but it won’t be our bread and butter.

IMO, we got to improve and stay healthy until Esa gets back. Then we’ll be a top 10-15 team.

Huggins just said what we already knew, we’re not a pressing team this year. No team foot speed. Token pressure but it won’t be our bread and butter.

IMO, we got to improve and stay healthy until Esa gets back. Then we’ll be a top 10-15 team.
Drawing a blank, what foot speed did we lose from last year?

Nate had good feet for a big. 2 guards graduated. Macon, relative to bender/routt, was the flash
Agree, lacking foot speed is a problem, however this team lost good feet, basketball IQ, experience, and intangibles on both ends (particularly Adrian and Phillips) that was difficult to anticipate. The lack of “foot speed” is not something that is just now being realized, I’m quite sure it was most likely evident prior to the season beginning. Without the defensive pressure to create additional possessions, this team will need to improve considerably offensively. The return of Ahmad will help, but is far from the solution.

Agree, lacking foot speed is a problem, however this team lost good feet, basketball IQ, experience, and intangibles on both ends (particularly Adrian and Phillips) that was difficult to anticipate. The lack of “foot speed” is not something that is just now being realized, I’m quite sure it was most likely evident prior to the season beginning. Without the defensive pressure to create additional possessions, this team will need to improve considerably offensively. The return of Ahmad will help, but is far from the solution.

We gave up so many layups in the press last night. I think we’ll go to more of a 1/2 or 3/4 court trap defense like Louisville. It isn’t Esa’s talent that I’m counting on, it’s that one more that knows what he’s doing on team defense and will do wonders. Plus he’s another big and we only have Harris and Sags now.

UCF has a giant. Not sure how big their ball handlers are but hopefully they can’t throw it over us.

WVU could not get the ball inside to their bigs against Marist. They also showed that as a team they should never shoot a three pointer. I also want to point out that most teams don't give you a second and third shot from underneath the bucket like Marist did. This years team doesn't come close to last years version at this point. Let's hope things change. Warez

WVU could not get the ball inside to their bigs against Marist. They also showed that as a team they should never shoot a three pointer. I also want to point out that most teams don't give you a second and third shot from underneath the bucket like Marist did. This years team doesn't come close to last years version at this point. Let's hope things change. Warez

I think our shooters are actually our strength. Hard to tell last night though.

Was also surprised Marist rebounded so well out of the zone. they got away with a ton of bumps pushes and grabs. That helped them a lot

I think our shooters are actually our strength. Hard to tell last night though.

Was also surprised Marist rebounded so well out of the zone. they got away with a ton of bumps pushes and grabs. That helped them a lot

I didn't see 'confidence' on the floor yesternight. Did you? Tell the truth. Warez

Sorry Warez. I guess it’s not an act. :)

Your right. It ain't no dadgum act. At least you and I have learned to get along. Now, let's get Esa back. He will bring stability to the team. By the way, Bender and a few others ain't ready for prime time. I was pulling for him. Still am. Warez

UCF height not bothering us as much as I expected. Slightly better officiating today, so far.

At this rate Bender is not going to be a serviceable backup this year.

Routt at least plays like he wants to be out there. That’s what I see

This team is coming together!

What we know so far..

Our strength is shooting.

We can press bad teams, we can’t press teams with strong guard play.

Sags is a beast.

Huggs is desperately trying to figure out how to get 15 decent minutes from Bender/Routt. If he does, watch out

Beetle has improved his defense immensely since last year

Jevon and Dax are capable of playing like two talented senior guards, the recipe for a long NCAA run

Officiating keeping Mizzou in it. If not for the quick whistle I think we’d be way up. Regardless, the subs have played better than anyone would have thought and that’s promising.

Early uneven officiating took us out of everything we do. Oh well, refs will do that sometimes

We’re playing our game now. I guess we’re not worried about fouls anymore. And why would we be at this point

Would love to see Mizzou again. We win easy if the uncontrollables worked out differently

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT