ADVERTISEMENT

This basketball team

wvpaper

All-Conference
Nov 21, 2010
Bender is soft. Guys like that have to be tough to make up for his issues with running jumping strength. Routt is a better option at this point

Dax apparently doesn’t work on his game ever.

Too many guys that can’t run. Huggs may have consider dividing the team into two units, a zone lineup and a press lineup

Reactions: atlkvb
Dax nearly coughed up a lung in post game interviews. He's been sick and is not in game shape. He and Huggs both admitted he was horrible in Germany but better tonight. I think I'll withhold judgement on him for awhile.

This team will be lucky to make the NCAA. Esa's issue, Macon leaving early, Knapper's inury and Culver not making it to Morgantown, have killed this season. Carter is awesome, Miles gets 3 points or 20, Bolden doesnt play defense, Hunter may contribute next season, Allen looks promising, Harler is average at best, West isnt consistent, Harris has shown flashes, Bender looks lost as does Routt. Sags...man, I guess he can block some shots and dunk the ball. If WVU gets to 20 wins it may be Hugs best coaching effort ever!

This team will be lucky to make the NCAA. Esa's issue, Macon leaving early, Knapper's inury and Culver not making it to Morgantown, have killed this season. Carter is awesome, Miles gets 3 points or 20, Bolden doesnt play defense, Hunter may contribute next season, Allen looks promising, Harler is average at best, West isnt consistent, Harris has shown flashes, Bender looks lost as does Routt. Sags...man, I guess he can block some shots and dunk the ball. If WVU gets to 20 wins it may be Hugs best coaching effort ever!

They'll make the NCAA. I still think it will be a good season. But the Press Virginia might not make the NCAA - don't have the horses for it.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
20 against American means nothing. And my opinion means nothing. But, IMO, Dax should have worked on FTs and ball handling this summer.
I can agree with that. You can tell throughout his career and out of Huggs mouth that he should have practiced on his game more. He has been inconsistent. Hope he give us a good senior year

I can agree with that. You can tell throughout his career and out of Huggs mouth that he should have practiced on his game more. He has been inconsistent. Hope he give us a good senior year

I'm pretty sure we'll see a transition to half court defense as the OOC goes on, the second half against American is an indicator. One thing Dax has always been consistently good at is defending shooting guards in the 1/2 court. That goes unnoticed by many.

hope they can pull it together soon.....we have uva, pitt, and kentucky on the schedule this year and i would like for us to be competitive at least

hope they can pull it together soon.....we have uva, pitt, and kentucky on the schedule this year and i would like for us to be competitive at least

My memory isn't great. But I think Huggins teams usually start slow (not necessarily seen in W/L record) and improve quickly. Temple game last year comes to mind. If we can get 15-20 hold-your-own minutes from Routt/Bender by the time we play some of those teams, we'll be fine. That's a big IF right now.

Esa won't be a silver bullet, but his return will give us six athletes that can compete with anyone we play:

Carter, Dax, Esa, Wes, West, Sags

and two more that have potential to be solid this year if they can just figure out how to play team defense and get a little better with their defensive footwork in Beetle and Allen. Harler as a solid backup.

That's 9 and a competitive roster. Huggins doesn't seem worried yet, so I'm not.

Reactions: pressvirginia
aTm is really good I think. Bad matchup for us early with their size against our front court right now. They were very well prepared for that game.

We need Carter & Miles to carry us now & find our offensive identity. Just going to take some time.

No improvement from Bender.

But much better defense from the rest of the team

No improvement from Bender.

But much better defense from the rest of the team

Paper...........what does Bender need to do to improve? Ball handling, shooting, four shots, play away from the ball, defense, etc. Or is it all of the above? Is he just not ready for prime time. Warez

Paper...........what does Bender need to do to improve? Ball handling, shooting, four shots, play away from the ball, defense, etc. Or is it all of the above? Is he just not ready for prime time. Warez

Not a good fit

Another solid stomping of a tomato can, the margin of victory is encouraging, non NCAA teams typically do not win by 60+ regardless of competition, the floor for this team is rising with results like this.

Will be lucky to make the NIT.

Sags is transforming this team. I don’t think WVU has ever had that much blocking talent inside.

Going small ball with Sags not in the lineup. Looks like that will be our first option until Esa gets back.

Sags is transforming this team. I don’t think WVU has ever had that much blocking talent inside.

Going small ball with Sags not in the lineup. Looks like that will be our first option until Esa gets back.
I guess you never saw D'or Fisher or Gordon Malone.

Well, this board is a 3-ring circus and we've heard from all 3 clowns. Only 2 games in.

No one know where this ship is headed. All we know is that the captain is a proven navigator.

Plus, it's college basketball. The first 30 games are a warmup for March Madness.

I'll withhold my opinion for a while.

ADVERTISEMENT