ADVERTISEMENT

The "experts"...

Shipyard Dog

All-Conference
Feb 11, 2012
ESPN's Joe Lunardi has the Mountaineers as the No. 5 seed in the West region,
matching up against No. 12 Valparaiso. A win would either pit them
against No. 4 Louisville or No. 13 Georgia State, with Villanova being
the No. 1 seed in this part of the bracket.

CBSSports' Jerry Palm moved the Mountaineers to No. 4 in the East,
the same spot he had them three weeks ago. West Virginia would play No.
13 Stephen F. Austin, with either No. 5 Providence or No. 12 Valparaiso
awaiting in the second round. Virginia is the No. 1 seed in this
region.

USAToday's Shelby Mast has West Virginia as a No. 4 seed in the East Region.
The Mountaineers would take on Buffalo, and then the winner of No. 5
Georgetown and No. 12 Stephen F. Austin. Duke would be the No. 1 seed in
this bracket.

Palm has been high on us for a few weeks now with a #4. Even after the loss yesterday. Not sure if we can secure a 4 seed, a 5 seems more realistic at this point.

Interesting stuff

Originally posted by Shipyard Dog:

ESPN's Joe Lunardi has the Mountaineers as the No. 5 seed in the West region,
matching up against No. 12 Valparaiso. A win would either pit them
against No. 4 Louisville or No. 13 Georgia State, with Villanova being
the No. 1 seed in this part of the bracket.
CBSSports' Jerry Palm moved the Mountaineers to No. 4 in the East,
the same spot he had them three weeks ago. West Virginia would play No.
13 Stephen F. Austin, with either No. 5 Providence or No. 12 Valparaiso
awaiting in the second round. Virginia is the No. 1 seed in this
region.
USAToday's Shelby Mast has West Virginia as a No. 4 seed in the East Region.
The Mountaineers would take on Buffalo, and then the winner of No. 5
Georgetown and No. 12 Stephen F. Austin. Duke would be the No. 1 seed in
this bracket.
Didn't Lunardi project WVU as a 6-seed before the loss to Baylor?

Lunardi just knocked us down to a 6 seed with a possible second round match-up with Notre Dame. Not as favorable as earlier versions, IMO. However, advancing in the NCAA tournament means beating good teams. If it's Notre Dame, it's Notre Dame.

Palm still has us as a 4 seed.

Lunardi's Bracketology (03/13/15, 1:11 PM EDT)

It's fun to read, but . . .

it counts as much as me throwing darts at what I think will be the 68 teams, or however many they have nowadays.

It's meaningless, even the seeds.

What difference does it make which seed you are if Kentucky is in your bracket in round 2 or 3?

Just win 6 games and be national champs.

Every team, including Kentucky, should fear playing against WVU's ferocious, unrelenting full-court press on the second game of the week because one day isn't enough to get ready for the Mountaineers.

After Selection Sunday, the "experts" and WVU fans will be a lot smarter. Or less dumb, depending on your viewpoint.

CUYAHOGA FALLS EERS

Re: It's fun to read, but . . .

Lunardi, as of today, has us a potential 6-seed versus Purdue. It's a win-win for this years overachieving team if we can lock up either a 5 or 6 seed in my opinion. Losing to Baylor three times in one year absolutely sucks, but unless we are matched up with a team that is a carbon copy of them then I think WVU should do real well in the opening rounds. Then again, this is March and anything can damn well happen. Heck, the last time we were a 6-seed I think Dayton upset us back in 2009. Right?

You really have to applaud Coach Huggins for what he's done with this years team up to this point. He sits Juwan and Gary for the final three games, especially the last game, basically trying to roll the dice that we can win without them while keeping them rested for the NCAA's. In the meantime, the rest of the team plays more and we see a different WVU team that can still score and play without Gary or Juwan. To me it doesn't matter that Baylor knocked us out of the Big 12 tournament. The fact we have a full, and healthy, squad going into the tournament next week with our two most important players is what matters.

Now let's win six games starting next Thursday or Friday!!!

No matter the seed, we'll be pitted vs Kentucky. That committee hates Huggins & Caliperi which is why they want 1 eliminated ASAP. Probably be us cause this Cal team is much better and can make free throws which has historically been his Achilles heel.

engineer

Why is it that the committee hates Calipari and Huggins?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT