ADVERTISEMENT

POLL Texas @ WVU pick'em.

Who wins in this battle of teams trying to overcome their early schedules?

• West Virginia

• Texas

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jan 28, 2004
I don't know what the betting lines will actually be like this week, but I would think it would be close to
a pick'em game. This poll interests me just because since most of the WVU faithful are a little frustrated, even with the win today, and Texas is going to bring their late-season game into Morgantown. Last year Texas rolled over us, although alot of us thought we would compete, or win.

So, whether you're heart is in it or not, if there were money on the line, 50-50, do we win next week? My heart says WVU, my mind says Texas is going to stop the run and force us to make plays in the passing game. That worries me. I'm picking Texas if it's a 50-50.

I don't know what the betting lines will actually be like this week, but I would think it would be close to
a pick'em game. This poll interests me just because since most of the WVU faithful are a little frustrated, even with the win today, and Texas is going to bring their late-season game into Morgantown. Last year Texas rolled over us, although alot of us thought we would compete, or win.

So, whether you're heart is in it or not, if there were money on the line, 50-50, do we win next week? My heart says WVU, my mind says Texas is going to stop the run and force us to make plays in the passing game. That worries me. I'm picking Texas if it's a 50-50.

Vegas says your wrong on the pick'em.....Link.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/teams/team-page.cfm/team/west-virginia

Great link, K2C Sooner. I love seeing info like that.

Never understood how we were the favorite against Oklahoma St a few weeks ago, and thought TT was the smart play yesterday.

How do so many people keep betting on us to cover these large spreads when we have such a poor ATS record over an extended time?

Reactions: K2C Sooner
The spread for the Tech game was pretty spot on.
Saturday's game was a good example of the wisdom of not betting on teams you pull for as a fan. Should you be thrilled that the Mountaineers won by 5, or dejected because they went into the victory formation and thus failed to cover the 7.5- point spread?

So far, my preseason picks have been accurate except for OSU which I thought we would win at home.. I had us finishing 7-5 (4-5), with the remaining games being Texas-L, Kansas -W, ISU-W, KSU-L

I haven't seen anything to make me change those picks. Texas at home is certainly a game we could win, but I don't think we match up with Texas as well as TTU. Texas is on the verge of a disaster (needs 2 wins to even be bowl eligible and has to play Baylor) and our historical tendency to play poorly down the stretch has me worried even though Texas might be worse than I thought they would be.

Texas 27
WVU 24

Reactions: GoWVU
Spot on, Drifter. Exactly the same game-by-game expectations in August as what I had then.

While I loved what we did offensively v. TT, I question our ability to have a similar performance against the stronger interior of the Texas defense.

Spot on, Drifter. Exactly the same game-by-game expectations in August as what I had then.

While I loved what we did offensively v. TT, I question our ability to have a similar performance against the stronger interior of the Texas defense.

This isn't a typical Texas defense. They are not good.

Now that Dana has come to his senses and brought back Nehlen Ball, the sky is the limit. I fully expect to see the "Up The Middle Meter" return by the Kansas game.

Don and his pals, Paterno and Bo, made a living on average QB's, big lines, and powerful running backs geared to run downhill. Plus, Dana has two blazers on the outside to chuck the ball to on play action when the safety's cheat up to stop the run.

The power I is back.

Everything old is new again. If we spend the rest of the season looking like the throwback team that played Texas Tech, then I can live with the results.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT