ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech will be much tougher for WVU

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
After only 4 weeks, Oklahoma and West Virginia are the only unbeaten Big 12 teams.

West Virginia will visit Texas Tech, which trounced Oklahoma State. This test will be a major step up from Kansas State and probably is the toughest battle by any Big 12 front-runner next week.

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 29
West Virginia at Texas Tech, noon, ESPN2
Oklahoma State at Kansas, noon
Baylor at Oklahoma, 3:30 pm, ABC
Texas at Kansas State, 3:30 pm, Fox Sports 1
Iowa State at TCU, 7 pm, ESPNU

Oklahoma 4-0
West Virginia 3-0
Baylor 3-1
Texas 3-1
Texas Tech 3-1
Oklahoma State 3-1
Kansas 2-2
Kansas State 2-2
TCU 2-2
Iowa State 1-2

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22
West Virginia 35, Kansas State 6
Oklahoma 28, Army 21 (OT)
Texas 31, TCU 16
Texas Tech 41, Oklahoma State 17
Iowa State 26, Akron 13
Baylor 26, Kansas 7

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14
O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17
U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence
N asty defense against Kansas State, 35-6
T errorize Texas Tech
A nnihilate Kansas
I ncinerate Iowa State
N ail Baylor
E rectile dysfunction Texas
E lectrify TCU
R eam Oklahoma State
S laughter Oklahoma

Tech can do what K State cant and that is control the clock.
Their version of the AirRaid has evolved differently because of Kilff's SEC experience.

WV will need to slow down because Tech's D is ready for the challenge of up tempo.

WV on third down impressed me today.
Still Dakota Allen is a beast. Who I thought Tech was couldn't happen until they found a QB.
If that Ole Miss game happened again it would be what I originally thought it would be Tech 34 OM 20.

Last edited:
The Big XII delivers again next week.
TCU vs UT was a lot better than expected this week and that is saying something.
WV vs Tech turned into a great game after 60 minutes of football in Stillwater.
That is going to another battle of wits. This time on the offensive side of the football.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
which means the conference as a whole might not be as strong as cuyahoga boasts in his official capacity of Big 12-2=10 shrill. lol
Stop it! I am loyal to WVU and the Big 12. Yes, I am a homer. No disgrace in that. I'm loyal to my family, too. Aren't you?

T errorize Texas Tech

A nnihilate Kansas

I ncinerate Iowa State

N ail Baylor

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S laughter Oklahoma

After only 4 weeks, Oklahoma and West Virginia are the only unbeaten Big 12 teams.

West Virginia will visit Texas Tech, which trounced Oklahoma State. This test will be a major step up from Kansas State and probably is the toughest battle by any Big 12 front-runner next week.

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 29
West Virginia at Texas Tech, noon, ESPN2
Oklahoma State at Kansas, noon
Baylor at Oklahoma, 3:30 pm, ABC
Texas at Kansas State, 3:30 pm, Fox Sports 1
Iowa State at TCU, 7 pm, ESPNU

Oklahoma 4-0
West Virginia 3-0
Baylor 3-1
Texas 3-1
Texas Tech 3-1
Oklahoma State 3-1
Kansas 2-2
Kansas State 2-2
TCU 2-2
Iowa State 1-2

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22
West Virginia 35, Kansas State 6
Oklahoma 28, Army 21 (OT)
Texas 31, TCU 16
Texas Tech 41, Oklahoma State 17
Iowa State 26, Akron 13
Baylor 26, Kansas 7

T errorize Texas Tech
A nnihilate Kansas
I ncinerate Iowa State
N ail Baylor
E lectrify TCU
R eam Oklahoma State
S laughter Oklahoma

Cuyahoga Falls........I tip my hat to your intellect.............Recognizing that Texas Tech may have a better team than Kansas State is outstanding work. Warez

Reactions: Rootmaster
Stop it! I am loyal to WVU and the Big 12

lol. So a "well paid, professional, award winning, world traveling" sports writer admits that he is a "homer". That kind of contradicts your whole forum persona. For someone who brags a lot about his professional credentials that is somewhat...unprofessional. lolx2 BTW: Ok beat Army by a point in overtime.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Hope weather isn't a factor as it was when Dana took his team out to Lubbock out first year in the Big 12. Windy as all hell and Dana continued to throw the long ones with no success. Started wondering back then if he could adjust to the conditions!

Tech can do what K State cant and that is control the clock.
Their version of the AirRaid has evolved differently because of Kilff's SEC experience.

WV will need to slow down because Tech's D is ready for the challenge of up tempo.

WV on third down impressed me today.
Still Dakota Allen is a beast. Who I thought Tech was couldn't happen until they found a QB.
If that Ole Miss game happened again it would be what I originally thought it would be Tech 34 OM 20.

Tech's control the ball is a 2 minute drive. Tech's D is pretend we can stop somebody. If the Ole Miss game happened again it would still be a Tech loss.

Tech's control the ball is a 2 minute drive. Tech's D is pretend we can stop somebody. If the Ole Miss game happened again it would still be a Tech loss.

Tech controls the ball at a 40 minute clip.
Their TOP numbers against Houston and Oklahoma St are impressive.

Point is Kliff's AirRaid has evolved into being a team that holds onto the ball.

Against OM that was hard because the didn't have the QB play.

Let me know when you learn how to read a team.

Tech is third in the nation with TOP.
Do you understand what happened against Houston and Oklahoma St.

Maybe WV is better than both but even with that Texas Tech will find ways to wear out your D to give their O a better chance at winning.

TOP is something that a lot of teams in Texas are believing in. Tech probably being the best example.

Tech is third in the nation with TOP.
Do you understand what happened against Houston and Oklahoma St.

Maybe WV is better than both but even with that Texas Tech will find ways to wear out your D to give their O a better chance at winning.

TOP is something that a lot of teams in Texas are believing in. Tech probably being the best example.

Didn't you say K.State would dominate the TOP? TOP is an overrated stat. TOP doesn't work if the other team scores at a high rate. Defense needs to play a part. Continue with your thoughts. You're allowed your opinion.

Didn't you say K.State would dominate the TOP? TOP is an overrated stat. TOP doesn't work if the other team scores at a high rate. Defense needs to play a part. Continue with your thoughts. You're allowed your opinion.

Didn't watch the game.

I said KSU will need to play like last year to have a chance. They didn't for whatever reason. They didn't stop WV on third downs and they didn't try to keep Will Grier off the field.

TOP is the most important stat in the Big XII. It jimits the opportunities of an offense. Watch what Army did to Oklahoma.

You limit a team to under 10 possessions.
No team scores on 100% of possessions.
If a team scores on 3 of their possessions a TD and kick one FG that is 24 points.

To play that game you must have a highly efficient offense. WV is trending that way. I think DH should be smarter and play the TOP to limit possessions.
Especially against Oklahoma.

Actually I think WVU defense will be the difference in the game. If the offense doesn't play the turnover game WVU will win 42-27 or so.

lol. So a "well paid, professional, award winning, world traveling" sports writer admits that he is a "homer". That kind of contradicts your whole forum persona. For someone who brags a lot about his professional credentials that is somewhat...unprofessional. lolx2 BTW: Ok beat Army by a point in overtime.
We're all complicated people. I'm a WVU homer but I analyze without prejudice. My 43 years of journalism drilled that deep into my mindset and psyche. I'm talented that way.

I don't "brag" about my credentials. I respond to those who question them. And it shows the rest of the board how badly they are overmatched when it comes to intelligent posts about my alma mater's football and basketball teams. Didn't you hear the laughter at those who try to diss me?

T errorize Texas Tech

A nnihilate Kansas

I ncinerate Iowa State

N ail Baylor

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S laughter Oklahoma

We're all complicated people. I'm a WVU homer but I analyze without prejudice. My 43 years of journalism drilled that deep into my mindset and psyche. I'm talented that way.

Things are not very complicated unless you are making it up as you go...which means something odd must be drilled deep into your mindset. BTW: Been waiting to see evidence of the talent you profess to possess.

By the way...still waiting to see something that you analyze. Your opinion is just that...your opinion lol.

Did you always write in red lettering during your profession? Seriously I almost choked on my dinner when I read about your credentials...because I generally avoid your threads due to the colored text and the sentence acronym thing on every post. Maybe I don’t get journalism.

I don't "brag" about my credentials. I respond to those who question them. And it shows the rest of the board how badly they are overmatched when it comes to intelligent posts about my alma mater's football and basketball teams. Didn't you hear the laughter at those who try to diss me?

T errorize Texas Tech

A nnihilate Kansas

I ncinerate Iowa State

N ail Baylor

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S laughter Oklahoma