ADVERTISEMENT

TCU fans.....childish

MountaineerWV

All-American
Sep 18, 2007
Anyone notice around the 1:30 mark of the first half when the camera scaled through the crowd a TCU fan had a sign that said "Huggins fakes heart attacks"????? Really, really childish.

I don't watch basketball til bout now every season. I watched yesterday's game and saw that.

I found that sign hypocritical and laughable considering Tom Herrion is an assistant on Jamie Dixons staff. Herrion has faked getting hit by a qtr at the Coluseum (Never Happened) and overplayed to the hilt getting barely bumped by a UCF player to get the guy a flagrant foul while head coach at Marshall. That guy is a weasel and a real faker and they want to talk about Huggins heart issues.

On a note of honesty I don't care for Dixon either. He whines more than any coach in the business.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
I don't watch basketball til bout now every season. I watched yesterday's game and saw that.

I found that sign hypocritical and laughable considering Tom Herrion is an assistant on Jamie Dixons staff. Herrion has faked getting hit by a qtr at the Coluseum (Never Happened) and overplayed to the hilt getting barely bumped by a UCF player to get the guy a flagrant foul while head coach at Marshall. That guy is a weasel and a real faker and they want to talk about Huggins heart issues.

On a note of honesty I don't care for Dixon either. He whines more than any coach in the business.

Dixon is an excellent coach. Whining goes with the job. Huggins lobbies with the best of them and he's a great coach. Gotta support your players. Refs tune them out.

Anyone notice around the 1:30 mark of the first half when the camera scaled through the crowd a TCU fan had a sign that said "Huggins fakes heart attacks"????? Really, really childish.
For WVU fan behavior may be a glass house.

Beat me to it.

Provide me with an example of when WVU fans poked fun at another coach/player's health issues? I remember when the fans said things like "convict" (for Iverson)..........which wasn't false nor a health problem.

My point is that for a fanbase to have someone hold up a sign about a heart attack is low. What's next? Making fun of a coach who survived cancer?

My point is that for a fanbase to have someone hold up a sign about a heart attack is low. What's next? Making fun of a coach who survived cancer?

Better than making fun of a coach who died from the disease.

Was it in poor taste ? Sure.

Was it a big deal ? ...not really...unless our fans turn it into one.

OH, and not to mention that your school is Texas CHRISTIAN University and you have your student body yelling "Bullsh!t" on several calls. That's very "christian" of them. The school should be proud.

Reactions: countryroads89

Bad taste is often in the eye of the beholder. My wife saw the sign and said in disgust "that is classless". I saw it and thought it was kind of funny especially if Huggins was the other team's coach.

OH, and not to mention that your school is Texas CHRISTIAN University and you have your student body yelling "Bullsh!t" on several calls. That's very "christian" of them. The school should be proud.

Baylor is a religion-affiliated school, as well. Everything is bigger and better in Texas.

Yeah, when Tom Herrion is on your staff you probably shouldn't make jokes about coaches faking heart attacks.

http://deadspin.com/5876776/marshal...deline-to-draw-a-foul-helps-seal-win-over-ucf

The original videos of the fake heart attack have all been pulled from YouTube. This was the only video of it still in circulation.

Geesh girls... ...even Huggs made a joke about it.

You don't have to be a Christian to go to TCU or to Baylor. It's a bigot who characterizes a whole school by the actions of a few or one. It's a bigot who uses the religion of others to disparage them.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
You don't have to be a Christian to go to TCU or to Baylor. It's a bigot who characterizes a whole school by the actions of a few or one. It's a bigot who uses the religion of others to disparage them.

Not disparaging them. Holding them to a higher standard as Jesus expected.

Not disparaging them. Holding them to a higher standard as Jesus expected.

Novice here... ...but Jesus didn't hold any group to a higher standard.

That group chose they would show a higher standard so they might impress Jesus. Yet another mistake made by us mere mortals.

Provide me with an example of when WVU fans poked fun at another coach/player's health issues? I remember when the fans said things like "convict" (for Iverson)..........which wasn't false nor a health problem.

Our fans made fun of the scars on Frank Beamers face for about 15 years.

Reactions: MacMountie
Glass houses certainly applies to us. I'm not throwing stones at the entire TCU fanbase based on one tasteless sign......and I hope someone shows the kid who held it up the video of their own Asst. Coach Herrion faking a heart attack when he was at Marshall.

I'd like to see you find the reference of Jesus telling you to hold others to a higher standard.

Well, there's this...
Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount. The main point of what Jesus is teaching us in this most famous of his sermons is that we, as his disciples, are called to live by a special set of standards, Christian standards, Jesus’ own standards. Jesus wants to live by a higher set of principles than the norms of the good pagans who love those who love them and do good to those who are good to them. The holiness to which he calls us, he tell us today, is supposed to be higher than the standards even of the most observant Jews. Unless our righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, he stresses, will not enter into the kingdom of heaven. So the stakes, in this life and the next, can’t be higher and what he’s going to tell us today can’t be more important.

Well, there's this...
Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount. The main point of what Jesus is teaching us in this most famous of his sermons is that we, as his disciples, are called to live by a special set of standards, Christian standards, Jesus’ own standards. Jesus wants to live by a higher set of principles than the norms of the good pagans who love those who love them and do good to those who are good to them. The holiness to which he calls us, he tell us today, is supposed to be higher than the standards even of the most observant Jews. Unless our righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, he stresses, will not enter into the kingdom of heaven. So the stakes, in this life and the next, can’t be higher and what he’s going to tell us today can’t be more important.

OK, show me in the Sermon on the Mount where Jesus says for people to hold others to a higher standard. Also, I think you may have missed the point on “unless you righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees..."

I'd like to see you find the reference of Jesus telling you to hold others to a higher standard.

Umm, didn't he say something to the effect, "come out from among them and be ye separate"?

It is very clear the expectations Jesus has for the actions of believers....and Baylor aint it.

Umm, didn't he say something to the effect, "come out from among them and be ye separate"?

It is very clear the expectations Jesus has for the actions of believers....and Baylor aint it.
Umm, he didn’t tell you to hold others to a higher standard. He tells you to hold you to a higher standard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT