ADVERTISEMENT

Tavon Austin no longer being utilized with Rams

He is the punt returner

Punt returns don't seem to net the same amount of average returns of kick returns. Part of it due to guy having 10 to 15 yrd cushion on kick offs. Guy starting from end zone has some room before meeting defenders. Punting teams usually have a gunner right on the punt return guy, making that initial miss so important.

I just think a guy like Tavon could be huge trouble for opposite teams if returning kick offs. Break it to opposite side of field quickly, and make anyone not keeping their lanes pay for it.

I would LOVE to be a $28.5 million "bust." I'd be set for life. So it Tavon. Good for him! He's a Mountaineer and I refuse to call him a "bust." The only Mountaineer I will call a bust is Sam Huff, because I petted his bust at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, down the road from where I live.

M angy special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia Tech, 31-24

O bliterated East Carolina, 56-20

U nhinged Delaware State, 59-16

N apalm Kansas

T errorize TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E rectile dysfunction Iowa State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

You are aware that making money does not equate to NFL success. Leaf got a payday and was a bust. Albert Haynesworth played himself into a 100 million contract. Just making money does not mean he's not a bust. As a first round draft pick, particularly top 10, his numbers are a poor ROI. Look it up.

You are aware that making money does not equate to NFL success. Leaf got a payday and was a bust. Albert Haynesworth played himself into a 100 million contract. Just making money does not mean he's not a bust. As a first round draft pick, particularly top 10, his numbers are a poor ROI. Look it up.
1. I don't diss Mountaineers, particularly one who was so brilliant for my alma mater.

2. A guy with $28.5 million doesn't need any pity from me. I'm delighted that he's set for life.

3. With former WVU players collecting $51 million in the NFL this year, that's a great recruiting tool to get more talent to come to Morgantown.

M angy special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia
Tech, 31-24

N apalm Kansas

T errorize TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

1. I don't diss Mountaineers, particularly one who was so brilliant for my alma mater.

2. A guy with $28.5 million doesn't need any pity from me. I'm delighted that he's set for life.

3. With former WVU players collecting $51 million in the NFL this year, that's a great recruiting tool to get more talent to come to Morgantown.

M angy special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia
Tech, 31-24

N apalm Kansas

T errorize TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

Remind me again how saying Tavon has not produced like a top 10 pick at WR is dissing him? It's the objective truth.

YOU DO NOT TALK BAD ABOUT A WVU SPORTS PLAYER ARTIST

HE IS A SPCECIAL SPORTS EXPERT AND PEOPLE PAID HIM MONEY TO SAY THINGS LIKE TAVON IS AWRSOME IN THE NFL AND IT IS ALL THE FAULT OF THE COACH

he also wants you to know that, had we won the 2004 season better than 8-5, then we would have finished better than 8-5

HE IS A SPCECIAL SPORTS EXPERT AND PEOPLE PAID HIM MONEY TO SAY THINGS LIKE TAVON IS AWRSOME IN THE NFL AND IT IS ALL THE FAULT OF THE COACH

he also wants you to know that, had we won the 2004 season better than 8-5, then we would have finished better than 8-5

You're right. Being a great Mountaineer in college means you are an NFL success like Pat White. Saying otherwise is dissing them and maligning every good thing they've ever accomplished. Got the rules now.

Punt returns don't seem to net the same amount of average returns of kick returns. Part of it due to guy having 10 to 15 yrd cushion on kick offs. Guy starting from end zone has some room before meeting defenders. Punting teams usually have a gunner right on the punt return guy, making that initial miss so important.

I just think a guy like Tavon could be huge trouble for opposite teams if returning kick offs. Break it to opposite side of field quickly, and make anyone not keeping their lanes pay for it.

Kick returns are rare in today's NFL with the ball on the 35. Any competent kicker can blast it out of the end zone on command, and most kickers pooch kick with a big hangtime.

The most dangerous KRs in the game are now no longer worth jack after that rule change and even less as teams perfect the pooch kick.

I say good. Him and every other ex mountaineer that took a knee yesterday are dead to me until they see the wrong in what they are doing.

Last edited:
I ask this question just out if curiosity. If your family members were being killed by law enforcement just bc of the way they look and the killers (for the most part) continously get away with the murders, what would you do in an attempt to stop the killings? Now mind you, I'm talking peacefully and in accordance with the law. What would you do? I ask bc everyone who has had an issue w/ the protest at very minimum should have a suggestion!

First. What does any of that have to do with the National Anthem?

Now, what they should do, it take their heavy wallets and organize a peaceful demonstration outside of the home of the police officer that WRONGLY shot someone in their family. Since, one person's bad deed does not and should not reflect on the whole.
First though, you need to show me that the person was WRONGFULLY shot. Even better, why don't they take their heavy wallets and really make a difference and start cleaning up the inner cities.. Maybe donating time and money to the inner city schools. You know, something creative and positive instead of pissing down the back of soldiers who fought and died for the anthem and flag. They are picking a fight with the wrong people because they are intellectually inept and ignorant. They are being lead astray by left wing communists that want nothing more than to see America and what it stands for fall. It's really that simple.

I ask this question just out if curiosity. If your family members were being killed by law enforcement just bc of the way they look and the killers (for the most part) continously get away with the murders, what would you do in an attempt to stop the killings? Now mind you, I'm talking peacefully and in accordance with the law. What would you do? I ask bc everyone who has had an issue w/ the protest at very minimum should have a suggestion!

The protest is always going to make the right freak out. Just as the left would freak out if a bunch of guys came out for warmups in Make America Great Again shirts.

What I think is wrong is that the right is diverting the attention away from what the protest is about. The right is trying to turn this into privileged NFL players vs. the Military and that literally has nothing to do with the protest. I am going to venture a guess and say probably because the right's core following is white, and white people do not feel like openly talking about race relations since it is a highly uncomfortable topic for white people to address head on. So for white people it is easier to make it about something that its not and take the side of the military vs the millionaire athletes, rather than start having an open conversation with their family, coworkers, and friends about systematic inequality.

Then they need to find another way to protest. What the flag stands for and why it still flies cannot be separated from military service.

The protest is always going to make the right freak out. Just as the left would freak out if a bunch of guys came out for warmups in Make America Great Again shirts.

What I think is wrong is that the right is diverting the attention away from what the protest is about. The right is trying to turn this into privileged NFL players vs. the Military and that literally has nothing to do with the protest. I am going to venture a guess and say probably because the right's core following is white, and white people do not feel like openly talking about race relations since it is a highly uncomfortable topic for white people to address head on. So for white people it is easier to make it about something that its not and take the side of the military vs the millionaire athletes, rather than start having an open conversation with their family, coworkers, friends about systematic inequality.

Then they need to find another way to protest. What the flag stands for and why it still flies cannot be separated from military service.

Their protest has been stated numerous times to have nothing to do with the military, yet you and many others refuse to believe that and keep making it athletes vs. military. I would even believe that a good majority of the actual servicemen and women do not take the protest as a slight towards their military service.

The protest is about systematic inequality. Its about racism. Not the military. If you respond to this post and cry military again you have effectively put your head into the sand.

So why choose the national anthem? Why not just have all of the players come out of the tunnel holding hands? Why the anthem? I can think of 100 different ways to hold a protest before a game. If done right, they could probably get every single honest fan behind them. But they chose a divisive method. It makes no sense.

So why choose the national anthem? Why not just have all of the players come out of the tunnel holding hands? Why the anthem? I can think of 100 different ways to hold a protest before a game. If done right, they could probably get every single honest fan behind them. But they chose a divisive method. It makes no sense.

Because thats what grabbed the attention. Right or wrong on how they went about it, they made it mainstream and stopping at this point would give off the perception that they have given into the powers that be. They are not going to stop probably ever now given the momentum of it. Interpret it how you like but its not going away and it will never be directed at the US Military no matter how much the right wants to turn it into that. I think if they keep doing this for a few more years white America might finally start to understand the message.

That is a silly argument. Do you not think another way would have garnered attention and been more productive? The momentum they have going for them is just to piss off the majority of the nation. Perception is everything, and right now the optics are not good.

Because thats what grabbed the attention. Right or wrong on how they went about it, they made it mainstream and stopping at this point would give off the perception that they have given into the powers that be. They are not going to stop probably ever now given the momentum of it. Interpret it how you like but its not going away and it will never be directed at the US Military no matter how much the right wants to turn it into that. I think if they keep doing this for a few more years white America might finally start to understand the message.

That is a silly argument. Do you not think another way would have garnered attention and been more productive? The momentum they have going for them is just to piss off the majority of the nation. Perception is everything, and right now the optics are not good.

No, I really dont think there was some other way that would have forced the mainstream media pick it up and communicated to the masses in an effective way that something is wrong with the treatment of poor people and minorities, especially considering the movement was started by one person. How in the hell would Kaepernick have convinced the entire playing body of the NFL to get behind him and his message? Since that was never going to happen, what else could have Kaepernick done on "his own time" that would have gotten as much attention?

Is the majority of the nation "pissed off"? I dont think so. Id say about 25% of the nation is pissed off, half the nation approves of the message, and another 25% dont care. But atleast we are talking about it rather than pretending its not there.

JHoops2 i appreciate your response but it falls short in solving the problem!

First (w/ my same analogy), we live in a nation where people are sworn to protect and serve everybody in this nation, yet your family members are getting unjustly killed by those same people who protect and serve this nation. So if you decided not to stand for a national anthem bc of those injustices i would 100% have no problem with that and even commend you for stand up for what you feel is right!

Are all police officers bad, HELL no! I whole heartedly agree with you there! But if cops that kill unarmed black males served time for the homicides that they commit then you would not see people protesting and I'll even go as far to say that you would not see as many killings of unarmed black people! There have been waaaay to many videos of cops killing black folk in cold blood for me to need to see anymore evidence. The nation has let us down too many times to not let it be known that enough is enough!

Have you heard anybody say that they are anti troops? Or anti military? This has absolutely nothing to do with the troops! Ive spoken with former military personnel and the have stated there understanding of the protest has nothing to do with them what so ever! I would have a major issue if that was the case but it isn't. Did black folk protest a war that i missed? Was black lives matter started over a war? No to both!

And finally, your comment about pro athletes being "intellectually inept and ignorant". I really thought we could get some where with dialogue until i read that. What these men have done, to me is brillant! They got the masses talking, but unfortunately the message gets lost by those with a blinds eye. And one last thing! To say that pro athelets do not donate their time and money to inner city youth is a "intellectually inept and ignorant" comment!

Ok. Maybe not the majority of the nation. But the majority of the fans. Sunday night football ratings were down 8% last night, from last Sunday.

Again... What does the NATIONAL ANTHEM have to do with police shootings? Choose your sward, but point it in the right direction.

Again... What does the NATIONAL ANTHEM have to do with police shootings? Choose your sward, but point it in the right direction.

The national anthem is a song meant to celebrate the great country we live in. However by kneeling, IMO, they are saying that the country isnt so great to a lot of people and are standing up (even by physically NOT standing) on their behalf. Given the amount of support the message is getting, I think its safe to say that this place isnt so great for a lot of people and there is a lot of ignorance for many of us that do not live below the poverty line since we do not see it day to day.

Reactions: mountainear
I'm sorry, but we will have to agree to disagree. No doubt this country is having issues. But that flag represents a potential to be great. And dishonoring it is never going to be okay in my book. Yes. It has people talking. But I like to try to do things in a positive way, and not a divisive way. One way I thought of to get people talking would be for both teams to kneel out the first 4 downs and let the play clock expire. Something that would get people looking at them, but not be a negative. And yes, that would make the news. Then the next week maybe do something different. There are a lot of ways to say, look at me and listen to what I have to say.

I'm sorry, but we will have to agree to disagree. No doubt this country is having issues. But that flag represents a potential to be great. And dishonoring it is never going to be okay in my book. Yes. It has people talking. But I like to try to do things in a positive way, and not a divisive way. One way I thought of to get people talking would be for both teams to kneel out the first 4 downs and let the play clock expire. Something that would get people looking at them, but not be a negative. And yes, that would make the news. Then the next week maybe do something different. There are a lot of ways to say, look at me and listen to what I have to say.

I think what you are missing is the fact that these players are not doing anything to damage the flag. They are not spitting on it. They are not lighting it on fire. They are not pi$$ing on it. They are simply kneeling. To them, this country is great, but there are problems that continue to get passed on down that cannot be ignored anymore.

You have to get 22+ people on the same page plus coaching staffs to execute that. Additionally, not all NFL players are standing with Kaepernick, there are a lot of NFL players that share your stance also, so getting 22 players to kneel out 8 plays is almost impossible. Most were scared to take the stand Kaepernick did because look at the backlash he got. The only way this was going to happen is if one player started it, and Kaepernick did it in a way that got the attention of everyone and took the initial heat to make it okay for others to follow. He made himself the lightning rod and probably sacrificed 3-5 more seasons as a well paid backup QB to do it.

They had no trouble getting the whole team to stay in the locker room. Just because it is difficult doesn't mean that it is a bad idea. It would show just how coordinated they were in their single thought.

Let's be clear. I am not against what the players are kneeling for. I am against the way they are doing it. I think they are 100% right. I just do not agree with the execution.

I think what you are missing is the fact that these players are not doing anything to damage the flag. They are not spitting on it. They are not lighting it on fire. They are not pi$$ing on it. They are simply kneeling. To them, this country is great, but there are problems that continue to get passed on down that cannot be ignored anymore.

Additionally, many of them come from the underprivileged background and literally within minutes on draft day, ascended to the privileged upperclass. I would say football players probably more than anyone understand both sides of the spectrum better than anyone.

They had no trouble getting the whole team to stay in the locker room. Just because it is difficult doesn't mean that it is a bad idea. It would show just how coordinated they were in their single thought.

Let's be clear. I am not against what the players are kneeling for. I am against the way they are doing it. I think they are 100% right. I just do not agree with the execution.

They didn't have to twist anyone's arms to stay in the locker room, our president's tweet calling them "SOB's" was enough to unite the NFL (players and owners) against a common foe now. If Trump remained quiet, as he should have, then we would have seen 5-10 players kneeling (like normal).

Okay... So why the Flag? The Flag represents more than Trump... On many levels, way more than him.

Glad to see you're having fun. Peace, my friend. I love you. And my Mountaineers!!!

M iscuing special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to
Virginia Tech, 31-24

N ot pretty but we’ll take it, over Kansas, 56-34

T errorize TCU

A nnihilate Texas Tech

I ncinerate Baylor

N ullify Oklahoma State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

Your joking. Right? What planet are you on? War-ez

Nope! I can only assume your addressing the unarmed black people getting killed comment and if I'm wrong I do apologize. But why else do you think people are protesting? And please don't say Trump

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angele...stin-helped-todd-gurley-get-100-rushing-yards

As for the national anthem 'side issue...'

...must every single sporting event begin with a litmus test to publicly assess each individual's level of patriotic fervor...? If so, why? Who says so? Is it a law?

...and no, it is not at all rude or problematic for one or more drunken, exuberant WVU fans to routinely interrupt the sanctity of the sacred ritual by bellowing, 'BEAT THE HELL OUTTA PITT!' -- well before the anthem has been completely rendered! Oh, the controversy that such repeated disrespect should have long engendered nationwide! Perhaps such heathen antics were viewed as TACIT PERMISSION for one, in the alternative, to respectfully take a knee for what may arguably be perceived as a less trivial reason!

Yet, alas, WVU nation (and the bigger one, too) has long stood STRANGELY SILENT on such disrespectful behavior!

Yea, it is beyond doubt that EVERY TRUE AMERICAN at home has, without exception, stood reverently in front of the tee-vee when the anthem has been sung before each $uper Bowl (with up to 200 gratuitous, 'look and listen to ME!' melody notes, plus all bells, whistles, pomp and circumstance designed to chill and thrill).

Yes, it would be better to be seen taking a silent knee in front one's own tee-vee screen than caught during the anthem with a mouthful of cheese doodles in the kitchen while scavenging for more wings, pizza and beer! Yes, the dilgent patriot will stand at tee-vee attention even when there is no one to see and give a nod of approval! There are NO hypocrites among us.

Hey, how exactly did y'all spend last November 11? Any plans for this year?

Woe to any who fail to comply with a mandatory show of patriotic duty!

Moral: Sacrifice in order to protect a figure of speech is close enough to sacrifice in order to protect actual freedom of speech.

Nope! I can only assume your addressing the unarmed black people getting killed comment and if I'm wrong I do apologize. But why else do you think people are protesting? And please don't say Trump

My friend, we are and have been living in a police state for some number of decades now. I think the police use the same strong arm tactics on both the blacks and the poor white folks. The rich not so much. The jails are full of poor folks. Warez

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT