ADVERTISEMENT

Summing up Brown at WVU

Buckaineer

All-Conference
Sep 3, 2001
Excerpt:
West Virginia was a consistent top-25 team for two decades prior to Brown's arrival and had just four losing seasons in the 29-year run between 1990 and 2019.

With one more loss this season they will have three in four years under Brown.

Excerpt:
West Virginia was a consistent top-25 team for two decades prior to Brown's arrival and had just four losing seasons in the 29-year run between 1990 and 2019.

he's done more with his life than you'll do with two. He has a record, you have a screen name. HAHAHAHA!

• Haha
Reactions: WVUALLEN
he's done more with his life than you'll do with two. He has a record, you have a screen name. HAHAHAHA!
He is a loser at WVU fleecing the university for millions for nothing in return but running the football program into the ground and getting the guy that hired him fired. If that’s what you mean by doing something with his life that’s pretty damn sad and nowhere near to my accomplishments.

Reactions: mofo
He is a loser at WVU fleecing the university for millions for nothing in return but running the football program into the ground and getting the guy that hired him fired. If that’s what you mean by doing something with his life that’s pretty damn sad and nowhere near to my accomplishments.
you are a loser at your fake activism the tens of dollars you fleece. Brown is an achiever far and beyond you. Your accomplishments in presenting a decent argument falls flat on Shane. You are not a leader of people or even ideas here but rather a complainer of many. You are a bitch! You are just a screen name and achieve nothing. HAHAHA!

…. what are the accomplishments you speak of the put you above a guy that has been named the head coach of two university football programs.???

Last edited:
Reactions: GrTexan1
Brown is a loser and is fleecing WVU. Nothing more. He is what his record says he is. He has brought WVU football down to levels not seen for decades.

Insane that anyone could try and excuse or defend what he has done and continues to do. A disaster since year one that keeps getting worse. Just because someone that has been fired decided he deserved a massive handout for “ fitting the culture” with no expectation of actual results means nothing and is not an accomplishment. Time for the powers that be to move on from this mess before Browns legacy drops WVU to what Kansas suffered for years on end.

Brown is a loser and is fleecing WVU. Nothing more. He has brought WVU football down to levels not seen for decades.

Insane that anyone could try and excuse or defend what he has done and continues to do. A disaster since year one that keeps getting worse. Time for the powers that be to move on from this mess before Browns legacy drops WVU to what Kansas suffered for years on end.
he has more than you do with your life and congrats to him to getting himself in a position you'll never see.

And he has a wife. Congratulating him with what she does to him on the win over OK. What did you get? A message board to bitch more. HAHAHA! Brown was rewarded by his wife. That means more than money! Dana wished he had a wife! Suck it bitch!

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Excerpt:

For all your posts I’ve disagreed with, this one is the one that nobody can argue. 4 losing seasons in 29 years prior to Brown. And now Brown is looking at 3 in 4 years. I think he’s a great guy, but this is not working out. That said, I still will be pulling for him to win the next 2 games to avoid another losing record. That we disagree on.

First WVU coach to beat OU since joining the Big 12. He may have set the bar too high.

Brown is a loser and is fleecing WVU. Nothing more. He is what his record says he is. He has brought WVU football down to levels not seen for decades.

Insane that anyone could try and excuse or defend what he has done and continues to do. A disaster since year one that keeps getting worse. Just because someone that has been fired decided he deserved a massive handout for “ fitting the culture” with no expectation of actual results means nothing and is not an accomplishment. Time for the powers that be to move on from this mess before Browns legacy drops WVU to what Kansas suffered for years on end.
…. And your accomplishments are????

For all your posts I’ve disagreed with, this one is the one that nobody can argue. 4 losing seasons in 29 years prior to Brown. And now Brown is looking at 3 in 4 years. I think he’s a great guy, but this is not working out. That said, I still will be pulling for him to win the next 2 games to avoid another losing record. That we disagree on.
The thing is, if he wins two more then WVU is bowl eligible. Do you still can him? What if you wait until after the bowl and he wins it and finished 7-6 with a four game winning streak. Do you still can him? I'm not saying that's likely. As someone else noted before, he's never even won three straight at WVU. But anything is possible.

Personally, I like HCNB very much (as a person I mean). I would've loved to see him become Da Man at WVU and I still would love for it to happen if it's possible.

The thing is, if he wins two more then WVU is bowl eligible. Do you still can him? What if you wait until after the bowl and he wins it and finished 7-6 with a four game winning streak. Do you still can him? I'm not saying that's likely. As someone else noted before, he's never even won three straight at WVU. But anything is possible.

Personally, I like HCNB very much (as a person I mean). I would've loved to see him become Da Man at WVU and I still would love for it to happen if it's possible.
It’s a difficult choice but only because of the money the canned AD gave him for nothing. Still will just be over .500 after 4 years if he could win two in a row and a bowl. where there are multiple examples of coaches winning and winning big after 1 year or even less. TCU, Kansas State just in conference are examples of this- schools who had recruited about the same or lower than WVU.

You bring him back and struggle for a winning season next year and then have to can him anyway, or you hire a coach that knows how to coach a P5 program and a good recruiting staff as well.

Not renewing his contract either, but I don't think Buckaineer negotiated that big a buyout from Lyons. Could be wrong though.
No I just wanted him out for incompetence- lol. Seriously have to wonder about these trolls that try to attack me personally every time I post rather than discussing the topic at hand. What’s wrong with these nimrods?

First WVU coach to beat OU since joining the Big 12. He may have set the bar too high.
Yes but Oklahoma was the worst version of OU since WVU joined the BIG 12. Every other year they were ranked in the top five to 10 most of the time. This year not so much and also have a first year HC.

All "this Churn" could possibly drive West Virginia to Stomp
both KSU & OSU.

In the end, the Players, play.

All this is all BS Talk.

No I just wanted him out for incompetence- lol. Seriously have to wonder about these trolls that try to attack me personally every time I post rather than discussing the topic at hand. What’s wrong with these nimrods?
Not taking sides, try to ignore trolling battles. I left the premium board for that reason and nonstop politically charged posts.

Brown will always be remembered as the coach who chose family friends (Doege) over real talent on the bench that IMO improved is W/L record. He will also be known as the coach who squandered great defenses because of his family ties and friendships.

Excerpt:

And the Big 12 has been down during those years....OU and Texas haven't been great.

Excerpt:

For starts wvu was not a consistent top 25 team before Brown arrived. Wvu has only finished in the top 25, 10 times in the last 20 years. Outside of the last 3 years of the RR era no coach has had wvu consistently finishing in the top 25. You're messiah only finished in the top 25 three times and his best finish was with a team he didn't recruit. Look up the definition of the word consistency fool. The only thing you do is consistently beat off to Dana under your covers at night.

WVU has been ranked consistently in the top 25 prior to Brown.

WVU was ranked in season top 25 in these years going back to 1988:

2018 DH
2017 DH
2016 DH
2015 DH
2014 DH

2012 DH
2011 DH
2010 BS
2009 BS
2008 BS
2007 BS
2006 RR
2005 RR
2004 RR
2003 RR
2002 RR

1998 DN
1997 DN
1996 DN
1995 DN
1994 DN
1993 DN
1992 DN

1990 DN
1989 DN
1988 DN

So of 28 years, nearly 3 decades prior to Brown, WVU was in the top 25 during 26 of those years.

As you can see despite lying trolls Even DH had WVU ranked all but one season at WVU. He also had 14 playoff rankings for WVU:

Meanwhile under Brown WVU has never been ranked in ANY poll.

Last edited:
Not taking sides, try to ignore trolling battles. I left the premium board for that reason and nonstop politically charged posts.
Well there’s that train of thought and then there is the train of thought that allowing lies and disinformation of a dangerous nature to go unchallenged with facts is much worse.

2018 DH
2017 DH
2016 DH
2015 DH
2014 DH

2012 DH
2011 DH
2010 BS
2009 BS
2008 BS
2007 BS
2006 RR
2005 RR
2004 RR
2003 RR
2002 RR

1998 DN
1997 DN
1996 DN
1995 DN
1994 DN
1993 DN
1992 DN

1990 DN
1989 DN
1988 DN

So of 28 years, nearly 3 decades prior to Brown, WVU was in the top 25 during 26 of those years.

As you can see despite lying trolls Even DH had WVU ranked all but one season at WVU. He also had 14 playoff rankings for WVU:

Dana finished season ranked 3 times at WVU
2011 - Coaches 18 AP 17
2016 - Coaches 17 AP 18
2018 - Coaches 22 AP 20

Bill Stewart finished season ranked 2 times
2008 - Coaches NR AP 23
2009 - Coaches 22 AP 25

Rich Rodriguez finished season ranked 4 times (3 in top 10)
2002 - Coaches 20 AP 25
2005 - Coaches 6 AP 5
2006 - Coaches 10 AP 10
2007 - Coaches 6 AP 6

Don Nehlen finished season ranked 7 times (2 in top 10)
1981 - Coaches 18 AP 17
1982 - Coaches 19 AP 19
1983 - Coaches 16 AP 16
1984 - Coaches 18 AP NR
1988 - Coaches 5 AP 5
1989 - Coaches NR AP 21
1993 - Coaches 6 AP 7

Bowden 1 time
Carlen 1 time
Art Lewis 3 times

That was it.

Teams as everyone knows are not ranked one time and one time only in a season. All throughout teams play one another and if you pay attention to cfb youll see for example #2 v #3 playing against one another. If you took away all the in season rankings then no coach or team anywhere would have a win or loss v a ranked team.

Only an idiot troll trying to intentionally disparage a program or a coach would try to remove all in season rankings and only consider the final ranking. WVU has a long history of being ranked in the top 25 outside the Neal Brown debacle no matter what bogus spin his blind supporters ( or are you detractors? Seems to change by the post depending on who you trolls are trying to fool) push out there such as eliminating factual records to make Brown seem better.

Last edited:
Well there’s that train of thought and then there is the train of thought that allowing lies and disinformation of a dangerous nature to go unchallenged with facts is much worse.
I generally avoid trains in general, they derail more often than people realize. Flying is the way to go, far above and avoiding the smell below.

2018 DH
2017 DH
2016 DH
2015 DH
2014 DH

2012 DH
2011 DH
2010 BS
2009 BS
2008 BS
2007 BS
2006 RR
2005 RR
2004 RR
2003 RR
2002 RR

1998 DN
1997 DN
1996 DN
1995 DN
1994 DN
1993 DN
1992 DN

1990 DN
1989 DN
1988 DN

Wow! all those top 25 slave masters. so if Brown isn't as much a slave master as the others, how does he rank in slave master polling?

Brown's hiring was a mistake. I liked it when they did it. So I was wrong. So was Lyons. Let's move on to a better AD and a better head football coach. Isn't that what most WVU fans want ... and not the catfights between posters that reflect poorly on both sides.

Dana finished season ranked 3 times at WVU
2011 - Coaches 18 AP 17
2016 - Coaches 17 AP 18
2018 - Coaches 22 AP 20

Bill Stewart finished season ranked 2 times
2008 - Coaches NR AP 23
2009 - Coaches 22 AP 25

Rich Rodriguez finished season ranked 4 times (3 in top 10)
2002 - Coaches 20 AP 25
2005 - Coaches 6 AP 5
2006 - Coaches 10 AP 10
2007 - Coaches 6 AP 6

Don Nehlen finished season ranked 7 times (2 in top 10)
1981 - Coaches 18 AP 17
1982 - Coaches 19 AP 19
1983 - Coaches 16 AP 16
1984 - Coaches 18 AP NR
1988 - Coaches 5 AP 5
1989 - Coaches NR AP 21
1993 - Coaches 6 AP 7

Bowden 1 time
Carlen 1 time
Art Lewis 3 times

That was it.
2008 - Coaches NR AP 23
2009 - Coaches 22 AP 25

Yep. Had top 5 teams those years playing in the Big East…….

Wow! all those top 25 slave masters. so if Brown isn't as much a slave master as the others, how does he rank in slave master polling?
Every coach doesnt fit that category. A good sign of who did or does is the numbers of players who left- obviously Brown has a huge issue with trying to force his idea of behavior and his “ culture” on players as has Huggins.

Some coaches were more players coaches managing the roster not dictating to it.

manure.jpg

You make a claim that you have accomplished more than Brown and I ask to name said accomplishments. Well snowflake, if that is a personal attack to just back up what you post….. sad.

Every coach doesnt fit that category. A good sign of who did or does is the numbers of players who left- obviously Brown has a huge issue with trying to force his idea of behavior and his “ culture” on players as has Huggins.

Some coaches were more players coaches managing the roster not dictating to it.
Relativism is no way to go through life. Of course, not every coach fits your category unless you say so.

And just how many leaving meet the threshold of your bull $hit? Two? Ten?

Slave Master! That's just too stupid.

Relativism is no way to go through life. Of course, not every coach fits your category unless you say so.

And just how many leaving meet the threshold of your bull $hit? Two? Ten?

Slave Master! That's just too stupid.
What else would you call someone busting their ass 24/7 365 - forced to Perform, physically scrutinized, every second of day and night scrutinized- no autonomy to come and go as you please or do as you please, can be dumped at any time for any reason- yet everyone else is making bank off what you do, order you around and controls your life and can do as they please with very minimal if any oversight?

Exactly what it is.

What else would you call someone busting their ass 24/7 365 - forced to Perform, physically scrutinized, every second of day and night scrutinized- no autonomy to come and go as you please or do as you please, can be dumped at any time for any reason- yet everyone else is making bank off what you do, order you around and controls your life and can do as they please with very minimal if any oversight?

Exactly what it is.
no one in America busts their ass 24/7 365. You just made that up.

Reactions: Phil1972

Exactly what it is.
We’re you just handed the “better than Brown “ accomplishments or did you have to actually have to work for them snowflake?

A 4 game win steak...come on...have we ever had a 3 game win streak under Brown's leadership

Reactions: Phil1972
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT