ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Summer view: What’s the latest at RB for WVU?

Both Kennedy and Martell are workable and will do a good job, but we need a back that is a homerun threat back there, I think Leddie is the guy or even Alec.

Lots of talk that Sinkfield is a potential Slaton, Devine RB. Brown who knows at this point. I would like to see McCoy, Pettaway step up and become elite. That would be huge.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
Lots of talk that Sinkfield is a potential Slaton, Devine RB. Brown who knows at this point. I would like to see McCoy, Pettaway step up and become elite. That would be huge.

But, but, but.... they are not from WV.

Alec Sinkfield, a sophomore out of Delray Beach, Fla., who redshirted last season. - I thought you said Florida was a crap state. Everyone is a thug from there.

Kennedy McKoy from Lexington, NC. nothing in NC but terrorist, thugs and rapist.

Martell Pettaway Saint Clair Shores, MI. I though you said Detroit is the worst for drugs, murders and thugs.

I thought you said we should get in state players instead of these convicts.

WVUallen are you on crack? Our recruiting has declined badly in Florida. Sinkfield is one of the few Florida guys we recruited last few years that may have potential. Dana himself said Florida well has dried for WVU last several years. WVUallen get off the crack. Understand the point bud. Florida doesn’t deliver to WVU like it used to. It’s a state with great talent but WVU isn’t getting much from there anymore. C’mon dude.

WVUallen are you on crack? Our recruiting has declined badly in Florida. Sinkfield is one of the few Florida guys we recruited last few years that may have potential. Dana himself said Florida well has dried for WVU last several years. WVUallen get off the crack. Understand the point bud. Florida doesn’t deliver to WVU like it used to. It’s a state with great talent but WVU isn’t getting much from there anymore. C’mon dude.

Get a grip and learn to read. They do teach reading at your middle school do they not? Or did you forget everything you were taught you.

Pride you seem to have Mild cognitive impairment (MCI). It can involve problems with memory, language, thinking and judgment. With your Mild cognitive impairment, you may be aware that your memory or mental function has slipped. You could have neurological conditions. But don't worry some people with mild cognitive impairment never get worse, and a few eventually get better.

Your brain, like the rest of your body, changes as you grow older. Cognitive issues may go beyond what's expected and indicate possible MCI if you experience any or all of the following:

You lose your train of thought or the thread of conversations
You become more impulsive or show increasingly poor judgment.
You feel increasingly overwhelmed
Depression
Irritability and aggression
Anxiety
Apathy

Seek help before it's to late.

I want a source on this one, cuz they are still recruiting it heavy....

You're like shooting fish in a barrel.

Reactions: Phil
I live here. Actually no WVU is not...unfortunately. In addition, results are not what they once were...but keep your fantasy alive.

Dude, I looked at the scholarship offer list. There are still a lot of Florida offers on there. I mean its not the hotbed it used to be, but they didn't "dry the well."

Are you cranky?

Not cranky but do know what a few coaches at prime schools are saying. DH stopped emphasizing Florida a few years ago and the pipeline broke. Believe what you want lol.

I think the Florida thing has a lot to do with having a good recruiter on the staff that already has solid relationships with some talent rich high schools down there. Used to be Doc back in the day, more recently Seider was brought in for that. When he departed it left a void in those Florida relationships. It seems new ones are being built right now through Blackwell. Nothing to fret over with this. But just like a good quilting circle, the Blue Lot never disappoints.

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/sport...cle_86a54a6c-d75b-5529-af68-3cd455b3e735.html

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Rootmaster
clown shoes

You are so witty, thoughtful, and original. Keep up the good work between classes. As I have mentioned a few times before....you are a piece of work lol. Just sometime....once...comment on something you actually have any knowledge of besides Google skills.

You are so witty, thoughtful, and original. Keep up the good work between classes. As I have mentioned a few times before....you are a piece of work lol. Just sometime....once...comment on something you actually have any knowledge of besides Google skills.

“I live in Florida and I don’t see any coaches” isn’t an intelligent argument....

But facts are. See the offers to FL kids: https://westvirginia.rivals.com/offers/football/2019

I count 30 offers to FL kids

And our results are the same under Dana as they’ve been for our program for the last 50 seasons

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil and eerdoc
WVUALLEN your a casual observer that’s why you have no clue about what Dana said. You forgot? You missed that??? Get a clue. Me and rootmaster apparently need to teach you reality. We get very few from Florida nowadays. We don’t have Doc anymore. Florida also has UCF, USF, Florida Atlantic and a million other D1 schools with the big 3 FSU, Miami, Florida. There isn’t much left over. It’s ok I will teach you.

WVUALLEN your a casual observer that’s why you have no clue about what Dana said. You forgot? You missed that??? Get a clue. Me and rootmaster apparently need to teach you reality. We get very few from Florida nowadays. We don’t have Doc anymore. Florida also has UCF, USF, Florida Atlantic and a million other D1 schools with the big 3 FSU, Miami, Florida. There isn’t much left over. It’s ok I will teach you.

Link to where Dana made this claim. By the way, get an education.

6 writing issues in your text.

Grammar
1 Incorrect Verb Forms
1 Pronoun Use

Spelling
1 Misspelled Word
1 Commonly Confused Word

Enhancement
1 Word Choice

Style
1 Wordy Sentence

Chris Anderson - May 6, 2018

The Mountaineers extended 92 offers in the Sunshine State 2017.

After Sieder left for Florida (and, one year later, Penn State), the Mountaineers went back to a familiar face in Tony Dews. The long-time former wide receivers coach returned to Morgantown, but only lasted one year, leaving for a job in the NFL with the Tennessee Titans. That’s when WVU coach Dana Holgorsen tabbed Blackwell – previously of Toledo – as the new running backs coach. He was a perfect fit as far as offensive scheme, and he had deep ties to central and northern Florida.

Blackwell was born in St. Petersburg, Fla. He grew up in the area, starred in high school there, played at South Florida, coached high school ball in Tampa, and then returned to his alma mater for three years. Throw in a year as an assistant at the University of Florida, and his knowledge and connections in central and northern Florida could not be ignored.

2018: West Virginia has 27 offers reported in Florida. Roughly twenty of them have come from this version of the staff – eighteen of them from Blackwell. Up and down that list, the responses are similar: Blackwell is a big reason that the Mountaineers are a legitimate contender.

Blackwell’s ability to form strong relationships should help with that, and the progress he’s already made shows that the Mountaineer can still mine the Sunshine State for elite talent.

It's a shame FL dried up. Hiring Cogdell away then him not working out here for whatever reason lost us that high school. Maybe Miramar? Perhaps related to some drama at the school? Then losing Seider to FL. Ouch.

Please don't talk recruiting. Your stories are so far fetched. Tell us again how you left your kid with someone and road a train then hopped a fence to watch Tanner McEvoy in college. That story was awesome...

OK...why do you think that happened?

Because we took an obvious step back when Seider left for FL. DH couldn't just give up that state for the talent, so why not try to repair it. But to say that the oil is dry or it was a waste to recruit is just non-sense. (Not saying you said that either)

Pratt making up lies. What a loser. Anyway even Pratt is admitting we don’t recruit Florida well anymore.

WVUallen get off the crazy pills and get a grip on reality. We don’t get much in Florida anymore. We will get a guy or 2 every year or 2 if that but it sure has diminished. Sinkfield could be a good Florida kid but we’re not getting much else from Florida.

Look it up Dana said this. Your just too stupid and casual to know he stated this. Get a clue. How many times to I have to correct you on here about almost everything?

Both Kennedy and Martell are workable and will do a good job, but we need a back that is a homerun threat back there, I think Leddie is the guy or even Alec.
And neither has taken his first snap in a game. We KNOW about the two returnees and give all the hype to two about whom we know only what others have told us about them.

I think the Florida thing has a lot to do with having a good recruiter on the staff that already has solid relationships with some talent rich high schools down there. Used to be Doc back in the day, more recently Seider was brought in for that. When he departed it left a void in those Florida relationships. It seems new ones are being built right now through Blackwell. Nothing to fret over with this. But just like a good quilting circle, the Blue Lot never disappoints.

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/sport...cle_86a54a6c-d75b-5529-af68-3cd455b3e735.html

giphy.gif
Former coaches made their reputation by taking (in large measure) kids that could not get into the more respected Florida school and were questionable at WVU (academically and.........wise). Mpst not aong the top levels in any regard. Some worked out ok. Many did not.

Florida is still loaded with talent....recently we haven't had the same success at signing contributors as in the past. It doesn't matter where the talent comes from and I like that we are getting in to Georgia. But it's concerning that our relationships in a historically strong state like FL are so precarious. I would have thought by this point Dana himself would have been in our target recruiting areas enough to not have to rely on an assistant to open the doors.

Pratt making up lies. What a loser. Anyway even Pratt is admitting we don’t recruit Florida well anymore.

Lies lol if you answer this question, I'll eat a stinkbug. Were you or were you not, WVUUSA/WVUder/WVdefenserules, etc?

Who else would like to see this answered?!

Last edited:
Florida is still loaded with talent....recently we haven't had the same success at signing contributors as in the past. It doesn't matter where the talent comes from and I like that we are getting in to Georgia. But it's concerning that our relationships in a historically strong state like FL are so precarious. I would have thought by this point Dana himself would have been in our target recruiting areas enough to not have to rely on an assistant to open the doors.

It is almost like................ our coach has his own target areas

Really has worked out well to date huh? I will give you credit however...we now have a new excuse for consistently being mediocre.

his recruiting got WVU one of but a very few 10+ win seasons two seasons ago.

now comes you "I'm a lifelong fan but I don't accept mediocrity" BS..... we are a program that has averaged 7 wins a season since we started playing 11+ games a year

Honestly, just save yourself the trouble and sign on everyday and just type "I'm a douche and I hate Dana Holgorsen"

you could even copy/paste it to make it easier on yourself.

Otherwise, gain some self-awareness... http://www.winsipedia.com/west-virginia

WVU has had 8 10+ win seasons in the last 90+ seasons. Dana owns 25% of those.

Last edited:
It is almost like................ our coach has his own target areas

I'm sure that is the case....but that doesn't explain why you let ties to FL slip away. People who are successful in sales don't typically divert attention away from a market that is paying dividends just because they want to try a new market. If they do it's typically because they know the market is about to play out (Florida isn't) or they didn't take care of relationships and let the competition get the upper hand (could be). My biggest issue is the sole reliance on assistant coaches to open doors and maintain relations in critical recruiting territory. Once that assistant builds a relationship at a critical stop the HC should be in right behind him to further the relationship so if/when the assistant goes the relationship remains.

"but that doesn't explain why you let ties to FL slip away. "

it's almost like.... those assistant coaches who had said ties...................... went away

"but that doesn't explain why you let ties to FL slip away. "

it's almost like.... those assistant coaches who had said ties...................... went away

And it's almost like Dana hadn't taken the time to develop his own ties....when an assistant leaves Ohio State they don't say welp....now maybe we will try Texas since we don't know anyone in Florida. They take the next guy down and introduce him and keep the thing rolling. We didn't stop recruiting Florida after Doc left....Rich even managed to find his way to the area for more than a few players. You're probably right that it was by design but it seems to defy logic.

And it's almost like Dana hadn't taken the time to develop his own ties....when an assistant leaves Ohio State they don't say welp....now maybe we will try Texas since we don't know anyone in Florida. They take the next guy down and introduce him and keep the thing rolling. We didn't stop recruiting Florida after Doc left....Rich even managed to find his way to the area for more than a few players. You're probably right that it was by design but it seems to defy logic.

do they?

OSU recruits nationally because they are a national football power program. They show up at the kid's door and say "Hi. We're Ohio State"

Keaton...we get it. You think DH is real cute and are waiting by the phone for a call. Good grief you can be such a tool...and apparently proud of it lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT