ADVERTISEMENT

Stupid is forever

vince viviani

Sophomore
Gold Member
Mar 14, 2017
I to want to see full stadiums this fall. The argument of comparing COVID 19 to the flu is ridiculous. The flu has a vaccine and treatment options. People are not hiding in their homes during flu seasons. COVID has no vaccine, is more contagious, no proven treatment options and everyone is hibernating. Even if we have a season, attendance will be down dramatically. We are all comparing apples to oranges. The steps we have and will take will save hundreds of thousands of lives. It's just where we are.

I to want to see full stadiums this fall. The argument of comparing COVID 19 to the flu is ridiculous. The flu has a vaccine and treatment options. People are not hiding in their homes during flu seasons. COVID has no vaccine, is more contagious, no proven treatment options and everyone is hibernating. Even if we have a season, attendance will be down dramatically. We are all comparing apples to oranges. The steps we have and will take will save hundreds of thousands of lives. It's just where we are.
hydroxy chloroquine. there's your treatment.

how do I know? because there were 20 different stories yesterday about how awful it is.

also, tom hanks wife, rita Wilson, who I don't believe had the virus in the first place, BUT IF SHE DID, she praised Hydroxy Chloroquine and said it made her feel tremendously better in 8-12 hours.

A couple days later, she comes out and says well, I had horrible side effects and hanks now saying she had very severe symtoms. I'm sure she was called and told to retract her story because it went against making their millions in the future.

This whole thing is stupid. I hate it and we are being lied to by everyone INCLUDING fox news.

Here's the slippery dichotomy:

The virus is real ...

A large part of the response and the resultant policy is a work.

You'd really love to live in a world where more people understood this and accepted it as a reality, but that's not the world we live in.

For them ... it's "either/or".

That's the polarizing danger, not the microbe itself.

The fact we have people who believe that politicians, regardless of which side of the aisle they belong, act benevolently and solely for the well-being of their constituents, is proof that mental illness and "Lemming-itis" is the greatest threat to Western civ.

Naturally, I will lean towards quarantining the immunocompromised (elderly, pre-existing conditions, etc.) providing employment protection for those who want to stay home, and allow those who WANT to return to work and enjoy their liberty to do so.

The current path is riskier than the latter for the NUMEROUS calamities it will usher in. The myopic among us cannot see that. Must be a real hoot to be so purblind.

Final verdict ... our species once again disappoints.

Danger-Ahead-90798.gif

Last edited:
If we had message boards in 1918 I'm sure everyone would be wondering what the big deal with this Spanish Flu is
Talk about apples to oranges. The Spanish flu was over 100 years ago. Do you think there might have been a little advancement in medicine since then? The people who I call true believers are now looking to nursing home nearly dead individuals to keep up the narrative.
By the way what vaccines were around in 1918? Your talking 2 decades before social security. You do realize the original retirement date of 65 for social security was ser because at the time only 30% lived that long.

Talk about apples to oranges. The Spanish flu was over 100 years ago. Do you think there might have been a little advancement in medicine since then? The people who I call true believers are now looking to nursing home nearly dead individuals to keep up the narrative.
By the way what vaccines were around in 1918? Your talking 2 decades before social security. You do realize the original retirement date of 65 for social security was ser because at the time only 30% lived that long.

No one left their homes before 1955 due to Polio. Didn't you read the history books?

Reactions: TimWVU01
It's ridiculous our grandparents generation didn't say "well no work, no sports because no Measles vaccine".. Measles 6 times more contagious than Coronavirus.. and killed children more than adults. No widely adopted vaccine for Measles until MMR in 1970. (globally Measles still kills about 150000).

72,000 Americans died of TB in 1931.... No vaccine.. life went on

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw3eQha7NGzS74IQ1336NsDz&cshid=1587562869361

Reactions: Roxbureer
Thanks for changing the title of the post and antagonizing the entire board.

said no one...

said the president of the united states:

Feb. 10: “Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though. We have 12 cases — 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now.” — Trump at the White House. (See our item “Will the New Coronavirus ‘Go Away’ in April?“)

Reactions: wvu84fan
said the president of the united states:

Feb. 10: “Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though. We have 12 cases — 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now.” — Trump at the White House. (See our item “Will the New Coronavirus ‘Go Away’ in April?“)
He was following the advice of the Slapdicks at the WHO....the ones that said the virus couldn’t be transmitted from human to human.

Here is what we have heard for months from all our so called experts.

It's just a matter of time before EVERYONE is exposed to the Wuhan Flu. Staying at home and hibernate for another month or two really isn't going to make that much of difference in your life span.

But here is something we can start NOT doing... buying stuff made in China. Going to be difficult for me because so many auto repair parts are made there and I do my own repairs. But I have already started and am willing to pay the premium.

Last edited:
He was following the advice of the Slapdicks at the WHO....the ones that said the virus couldn’t be transmitted from human to human.

yep...always someone else to blame for the mess this country is in due to his late response

Reactions: wvu84fan
Here is what we have heard for months from all our so called experts.

After what Fauci said in January, I honestly don't see how he has the balls to stand in front of the public to this day. That "expert" dismissed it as the more athletic cousin of Summer allergies.

Honestly ... pure charlatan.

You tricked me.
I thought this was about Ralph Northam

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT