ADVERTISEMENT

Steyer in

Yes Sir, you are correct. However it is disingenuous to suggest there is no difference in either the recognition of the problem, or efforts to solve it. There are no serious proposals to tackle entitlements, but there is a difference depending on who's looking at the problem.

Republicans generally favor elimination of these wasteful programs or serious reforms that gradually privatize them and allow them to be less dependent on Government funding. Democrats by-and-large oppose those efforts, and instead favor massive or increased Government funding for these programs (and even expanding them), usually by taxing upper incomes at higher rates.

On discretionary funding, in most programs Republicans favor significant reductions or in some cases elimination of these often useless or at best wasteful programs. Democrats in general favor significant increases in both the levels of spending, and expansion of these programs, again primarily through increases in taxes on upper income earners.

Generally I think it's fair to say that Republicans favor far less Government spending and lower taxes in their attempts to reduce or eliminate deficit spending, and Democrats favor far greater Government spending and higher taxes particularly on upper incomes to expand Government regardless of what that does to our deficits.

Am I right or wrong Mule?
Now you are getting into the talking points instead of the actions. The GOP still talks a good game about spending, but their actions don't show a willingness to follow through.

Reactions: atlkvb
Now you are getting into the talking points instead of the actions. The GOP still talks a good game about spending, but their actions don't show a willingness to follow through.

Trump has not even attempted to reduce spending. Anyone making this as a point for why Repiblicans are a better option is just playing left field on a basketball team.

Reactions: WVUCOOPER

I agree with you. The Republicans are all talk and no action on deficits. It's why we still go to the polls & vote. (Those of us who favor smaller limited Government and lower taxes). I don't have any options like that voting Democrat....do you?

Steyer IN...

because he's going to be named in the Epstein case...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT